PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Next + Everquest Next: Landmark

Elleon
3 Aug 2013, 08:10pm
https://www.everquestnext.com/about-eqn

Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext/profile)

Everquest Next & Everquest Next: Landmark worldwide debut happened a couple days ago on Aug. 2nd. I'm not sure if anyone has been looking into this or not but I thought I may as well bring it up on the forums.

Considering this is a debut there doesn't appear to be a whole lot out there, but here is what's known so far.

1: Everquest Next is the next MMORPG game to be released in the Everquest franchise. It's still in development and has been for about 1.5 years at the least. Ignore the any promises and the flash and check out the videos on Twitch and keep your eye on future developments and news.

2: Everquest Next: Landmark is suppose to launch this December if I heard correctly. Or the Beta at any rate. This will be the start of Next project. It's another complete "game" in itself. It's a Next Generation Sandbox. Think Minecraft and or Second Life.

I like the concept and am interested in what they are doing. I actually enjoy this particular side of games. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea and I assume that it won't be quite as groundbreaking as they want to make it out as, but it's definitely a step in the direction that MMORPGS and developers have been putting into recent titles. Involving the players more, embracing the modding communities, etc..

Anyways, give it a look, tell me what you think, discuss.

Skyrocket
3 Aug 2013, 10:50pm
Pls beat WoW out
Pls beat WoW out
Pls beat WoW out

As you can tell, I want this to be the new MMO-killer, like WoW was for DAoC and Everquest

Elleon
3 Aug 2013, 11:32pm
Pls beat WoW out
Pls beat WoW out
Pls beat WoW out

As you can tell, I want this to be the new MMO-killer, like WoW was for DAoC and Everquest

It's probably not going to be the "WOW Killer". People have been wanting that for years but...why? It doesn't make any sense. If nothing beats WOW, that just means games aren't as good as it. If the games aren't as good as WOW, why are you even playing them?

Just ask that the game is good.

Elleon
4 Aug 2013, 11:46pm
After seeing more footage and having them explain more in-depth on pieces of the game (plenty of information is still being withheld for the time being), who knows how well EQN will do. I think that Forced Strategy Gaming is along the right lines in saying that EQN may be the next great RPG experience based on the formula that they are building this world from.

An example would of course be WOW (World of Warcraft) in the sense that although that nothing that they did was necessarily new, except in their own space, they brought together all of these great concepts and put them into a single package. For the same reasons that WOW became successful, EQN might rise to be a real contender.

Even though quite a few of these titles that they are taking from haven't been as widely accepted such as WOW, there is no denying that each one does have or has had something unique or approached a specific area in their gameplay that stood out from the others.