PDA

View Full Version : Special achievements and tags for Prison Break

Neme
2 Aug 2013, 12:19pm
Just making a thread to request and expand upon XeNo's idea posted here (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/jail-break-66-150-121-69-27015/54080-remove-gameme-stats-jail-break.html#post673712). He suggested that we should add tags to PB like how the Surfskill server has. To use XeNo's examples, something like reaching X amount of kills as CT would award the "Warden" rank or getting X amount of kills as T would award the "Rebellion Leader" title. It would add another reason to keep people coming back to the server, as now people can aspire to achieve different ranks and show them off.

Something else that could spice up PB would be to add special achievements. Achievements designed specifically with PB in mind that could award bonus (or even negative) points to players, kind of like Deathrun and the Deathchievements. We could even tie it in with the aforementioned tags and award special tags to players that earn certain achievements or reach a certain number of achievements.

Granted this could lead to even more kill-whoring and try-harding, but I think the lure of expanding the PB playerbase could offset the negative drawbacks. We could also get creative with the requirements for tags or achievements and have more interesting stuff like having to get X amount of jihad kills, get X amount of knife kills as CT, or even getting killed by the map X amount of times (IE : dying to scout tower, soccer, that giant ball in vipinthemix pool).

Do note I know absolutely nothing when it comes to the technical aspect of the server so I'm not sure how creative we can even get with the achievements and tags or if it's even possible to add them at all, so forgive me if I'm being over zealous. I do think that if possible and approved that it would add a lot more variety to PB though, while also fostering a larger regular userbase.

Unnamed Newbie
2 Aug 2013, 03:47pm
Terrorist Ranks
0-99 - Deadbeat
100-199 - Offender
200-499 - Criminal
500-999 - Inmate
1000-1999 - Shanker
2000-4999 - Mobster
5000-7499 - Rebel
7500-9999 - Shiv Master
10000-14999 - Jail King
15000-... - Rebellion Leader

Counter-Terrorist Ranks
0-99 - Recruit
100-199 - Watchman
200-499 - Jailer
500-999 - Guard
1000-1999 - Officer
2000-4999 - Police
5000-7499 - Enforcer
7500-9999 - Warden
10000-14999 - Ace
15000-... - Suppressor

meh

ScubaToaster
2 Aug 2013, 04:01pm
Change the last CT rank to Hitler, UN.

BlackWhite
2 Aug 2013, 04:35pm
Soloxar automatically gain Rebillion King, nuff said

BoM
2 Aug 2013, 05:33pm
Soloxar automatically gain Rebillion King, nuff said

Sol is garbage. Go away newfag.

Also i dont see a problem with these.

ExRev
2 Aug 2013, 07:09pm
If we do this, I say we reset stats. I want to earn my way up, not start at wherever I'd be at.

Unnamed Newbie
2 Aug 2013, 07:15pm
If we do this, I say we reset stats. I want to earn my way up, not start at wherever I'd be at.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that the kills didn't need to be connected to GameMe, so regardless of our current number of kills, shouldn't we be able to keep stats as is?
Granted, I know absolutely nothing about the technical side of things.

Caution
2 Aug 2013, 07:17pm
somebody go code it...lol

BoM
2 Aug 2013, 07:57pm

I can't haz rebellion leader? :/

Pyro
2 Aug 2013, 09:04pm

Started from the...top and we still here?

Edit: Id be a Jail King and a Suppressor lulz.

Lupin
2 Aug 2013, 10:33pm
Wasn't the main reason for removing gameme was cause of kill whoring and such like that? This would cause the same problem as before unless you change it so ranking= time played as a T or CT. iunno just throwing stuff out there

BlackEagle
2 Aug 2013, 10:39pm
I think the only difference is that you don't go down in rank. So especially as a T you become more rebellious in order to move up in rank. As for CT yeah your going to have maybe some issues but they would be the same with or without gameME.

BlackWhite
3 Aug 2013, 12:32pm
Sol is garbage. Go away newfag.

Also i dont see a problem with these.

Thanks, and no oldfag

As for CT yeah your going to have maybe some issues but they would be the same with or without gameME.

unless CT used a different formula than just kills=score

BoM
3 Aug 2013, 02:35pm
unless you change it so ranking= time played as a T or CT. iunno just throwing stuff out there

I think the only difference is that you don't go down in rank. So especially as a T you become more rebellious in order to move up in rank.

unless CT used a different formula than just kills=score

It seems pretty obvious that considering putting a different factor into the mix would make a good bit of sense. time played seems viable, any other suggestions?

Unnamed Newbie
3 Aug 2013, 03:58pm
Not bad if I relate it to play time.
That way CT isn't a problem and it can be fairly incorporated w/o resetting GameMe?

Terrorist Ranks
0-12hours - Deadbeat
12hours-1day - Offender
1-2days - Criminal
2-4days - Inmate
4-8days - Shanker
8-12days - Mobster
12-16days - Rebel
16-20days - Shiv Master
20-25days - Jail King
30+days - Rebellion Leader

Counter-Terrorist Ranks
0-12hours - Recruit
12hours-1day - Watchman
1-2days - Jailer
2-4days - Guard
4-8days - Officer
8-12days - Police
12-16days - Enforcer
16-20days - Warden
20-25days - Ace
30+days - Suppressor

Overall Playtime Instead
(you can choose titles based off of total playtime)
0days - YOU GET NOTHING
1day - Rookie / Thug
2days - Mercenary / Criminal
5days - Recruit / Inmate
10days - Jailer / Shanker
15days - Guard / Mobster
20days - Officer / Rebel
25days - Police / Backstabber
30days - Enforcer / Shiv Master
35days - Warden / Jail King
40days - Ace / Don
45days - Suppressor / Rebellion Leader
50days - Top Gun / Unchained

Instead of getting T/CT titles based off that specific team, you can choose which you like better with overall playtime or you just get both displayed when playing for the title's respective team.
Still need some better rank names. I have no idea what to label some of them :P

IMO, I think that time would be great middle ground for a ranking system. It shows loyalty and there is no way you can 'killwhore'; really evens out the playing field.

BlackWhite
3 Aug 2013, 04:21pm
Not bad if I relate it to play time.
That way CT isn't a problem and it can be fairly incorporated w/o resetting GameMe?

Terrorist Ranks
0-12hours - Deadbeat
12hours-1day - Offender
1-2days - Criminal
2-4days - Inmate
4-8days - Shanker
8-12days - Mobster
12-16days - Rebel
16-20days - Shiv Master
20-25days - Jail King
30+days - Rebellion Leader

Counter-Terrorist Ranks
0-12hours - Recruit
12hours-1day - Watchman
1-2days - Jailer
2-4days - Guard
4-8days - Officer
8-12days - Police
12-16days - Enforcer
16-20days - Warden
20-25days - Ace
30+days - Suppressor

Overall Playtime Instead
(you can choose titles based off of total playtime)
0days - YOU GET NOTHING
1day - Rookie / Thug
2days - Mercenary / Criminal
5days - Recruit / Inmate
10days - Jailer / Shanker
15days - Guard / Mobster
20days - Officer / Rebel
25days - Police / Backstabber
30days - Enforcer / Shiv Master
35days - Warden / Jail King
40days - Ace / Don
45days - Suppressor / Rebellion Leader
50days - Top Gun / Unchained

Instead of getting T/CT titles based off that specific team, you can choose which you like better with overall playtime or you just get both displayed when playing for the title's respective team.
Still need some better rank names. I have no idea what to label some of them :P

IMO, I think that time would be great middle ground for a ranking system. It shows loyalty and there is no way you can 'killwhore'; really evens out the playing field.

Or set it after xx days the playtime title disappear and you have to start again

Unnamed Newbie
3 Aug 2013, 06:16pm
Or set it after xx days the playtime title disappear and you have to start again

Why would we want it to constantly reset though?
30 days is a hell of a long time.

Correct me if I interpreted what you said wrong.

BoM
3 Aug 2013, 06:38pm

yeah no don't do that.

BlackWhite
3 Aug 2013, 07:05pm

forget to add "inactive"

Neme
3 Aug 2013, 09:46pm
somebody go code it...lol

Is the Deathchievement/Surfskill code incompatible with PB? I assumed it would be possible to just modify the code for PB, but again I'm just making inferences and won't pretend I know how this stuff works.

Wasn't the main reason for removing gameme was cause of kill whoring and such like that? This would cause the same problem as before unless you change it so ranking= time played as a T or CT. iunno just throwing stuff out there

I think people are going to kill whore regardless so long as any form of a ranking system exists. However, basing the ranks off playtime isn't a bad idea.

Soloxar
13 Aug 2013, 09:03pm
Being garbage doesnt mean I can't be a rebellion leader/king.... As long as I do rebel.