PDA

View Full Version : Arma 3 Wasteland

D-Team oll
30 Jun 2013, 05:21am
Gona keep this simple, can we get a Arma 3 Wasteland server plz. The arma 2 Wasteland server was fun as most people who played it would agree. So plz could we get one.

As dimitry says
"We had one for arma 2 so why not arma 3"

Dimitry
30 Jun 2013, 05:28am
We had a Wasteland server for arma 2, which i remember went really good til people grew tired of it, still after that it had some activity.
A server for Arma 3 would be a good way to bring in a lot of new people.

Serenity
30 Jun 2013, 09:03am
An Arma 3 server sounds like plenty of fun. I am all for it.

Gator
30 Jun 2013, 09:22am
With how populated DayZ and the Wasteland server were, I'd agree, why not? Wasteland is the most popular aspect of Arma 3 right now.

TVL
1 Jul 2013, 09:19pm
I think this would be fun, especially with all the new content that was added in the recent beta release, and upcoming full release.

Spartan
2 Jul 2013, 03:10pm
Depends on the cost of hosting one. The donation goal of $300 has been fine for the most part. We tend to go over it, and I tend to spend more than that. Regardless I'm not paying like another $200 or so for a dedi just for this. Our current dedi cannot really withstand an arma server given how much resources it took last time so it really depends there.

But I'm not against getting one if it's going to be popular. I'm just not forking out a ton for it without getting the money for it in the first place.

Paul
2 Jul 2013, 04:28pm
Depends on the cost of hosting one. The donation goal of $300 has been fine for the most part. We tend to go over it, and I tend to spend more than that. Regardless I'm not paying like another $200 or so for a dedi just for this. Our current dedi cannot really withstand an arma server given how much resources it took last time so it really depends there.

But I'm not against getting one if it's going to be popular. I'm just not forking out a ton for it without getting the money for it in the first place.

Could have one added if we get a dedicated server to set some dayz standalone servers up when that comes out in the next 6 weeks.

floffypus
3 Jul 2013, 04:48am
Tbh i liked wasteland on arma 2 more, maybe because there was way to many buggs when i last played alpha.

But wasteland is awesome so i'm down!

D-Team oll
3 Jul 2013, 02:46pm
Could we get rid of a dead server and replace it with wasteland?

Matt
3 Jul 2013, 09:46pm
Regardless I'm not paying like another $200 or so for a dedi just for this. Our current dedi cannot really withstand an arma server given how much resources it took last time so it really depends there.

Could we get rid of a dead server and replace it with wasteland?

im no server wiz but I think it takes a lot of space/data or whateva u call it to run and maintain a Arma server, just cause of the amount of ppl on a server and the size of maps. again thats a estimated (pro) guess.

Bork
4 Jul 2013, 05:51pm
Number of players can be set to whatever someone deems necessary. Some servers run upwards of about 60, I personally believe 30-40 is plenty. Current size of the map is tiny compared to what the main island will be in the future. As far as bugs, the game is in beta and Wasteland is a gamemode being ported over from ArmA2. As the game gets it's updates, so will the gamemode and eventually most, if not all, bugs will get ironed out.

D-Team oll
8 Jul 2013, 01:42pm
Dimitry has got us a server, Search SteamGamers in the filters and it should be there.
Props to dimi :D

Frosty
8 Jul 2013, 05:48pm
Nice, will hopefully play tomorrow

Monster
8 Jul 2013, 06:56pm
Nice I will have to get this game then :D

Sent from my HTC One running CM 10.1

Lupin
8 Jul 2013, 11:30pm
If we can get a medium-high steady playerbase it'd be amazing. I'd play this more since i can't get into the midnight wasteland server.