PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO Server

Matt
25 Jun 2013, 02:41pm
Now before most of you guys that are going to post that the server wont work it never does don't(We dont need the same old crap we get when people suggest stuff saying it wont work). Moving on, first off in order for the server to work we need a dedicated AO to maintain the server to add maps and fix the issues etc. I can think of at least 3 atm or more that would be willing to do it. Im not exactly sure what game type we should get but Im sure most of you would love a Zombie Mod, MG, PB or even reg server. Basically what Im saying is that we should start to move to other games and try to populate them in order to get new player base and to keep the donations going. They may be going great now but you never know when the donations will stop. Anyway post some suggestions if we get a CS:GO server and any AO+ that would volunteer to maintain a new server if accepted.

Thanks for reading :)

http://i.imgur.com/R7713rD.png

I SS'd that 5 minutes ago after making the thread.

omarfire00
25 Jun 2013, 02:49pm
I quite agree with you that we should move on. I have also heard that the gamemods have improved and work better but the only minus might be that there is no bhopping. So if we manage to add a server like ZE, Reg, Scrim (where bhopping isn't usually common) We could get starting with that until valve manages to fix their shit and get bhop on.

(someone will have to buy it for me though)

Skyrocket
25 Jun 2013, 03:36pm
"hurr durr it's nawt gona werk hurr durr"

Let me put this into perspective
As of the moment, the 2 servers that reliably have more than half of their playercap filled for most of the day are PB and MG.
ZE generally has ~20 for most of the day, however it will have more since it's summer and people can play more now.
DR is empty for most of the day, until about 6:00 when it gets about 8+

Now, suggesting that about 1/3 of the players that regularly visit our servers, don't visit the forums regularly, they won't know that we have a CS:GO server.
Also, quite a few of the people who regularly visit our servers don't have CS:GO, so that cuts out another chunk of the population.
And don't forget that quite a few of the people who DO have CS:GO, would not want to play that over our current CS:S servers.
Lastly, CS:GO is primarily a reg game, not as many people want to play custom gamemodes on GO as much as they do on Source.

In short: No, it's not going to work. It will be populated for maybe a week, MAYBE. But that's it.

We could get starting with that until valve manages to fix their shit and get bhop on
Valve didn't develop CS:GO, Hidden Path did. And if the Orange Box update tells you anything, they don't "like" custom gamemodes.

Caution
25 Jun 2013, 04:02pm
I already brought this up in the d2 thread...feeling like a broken record lol.

Lupin
25 Jun 2013, 04:08pm
*pretty much what was stated in the CSS D2 server change post*

Frosty
25 Jun 2013, 04:19pm
Just get a csgo reg

Matt
25 Jun 2013, 04:28pm
I already brought this up in the d2 thread...feeling like a broken record lol.

thus i made a thread for it :).

harro
25 Jun 2013, 07:27pm
Honestly I feel like nothing new can ever take off around here is because everyone has the perspective that 'it's going to be popular for a few weeks and then die'. I for one would like a reg server because I do play CS:GO quite a lot and I know several other people that also do. The only problem would be pulling them off of their current servers since we've waiting so long to start one up (even though we had another a while back).

Also I'm not trying to be a blaming asshole or anything and I'm not saying I could do better, but for a lot of the new servers (not all) created, the admins running them will be super excited for like the first half month or so, put tons of effort into setting the server up, and then completely drop the server/go missing for a while and not touch the server again after that, it's pretty ridiculous. Yeah you guys have lives and stuff but when it comes down to it, setting up a new server and keeping it populated requires constant attention for quite a while, if not, indefinitely. (like how Deathrun is ran).

Also in terms of reg mode/scrim, the reason no one probably ever wants to play the normal game mode on our servers is because the admins/regs treat new players (randies) like shit. nough said.

Sleggie
26 Jun 2013, 04:42pm
Counter Strike 1.6 has even more players!?

Banana Joe
27 Jun 2013, 03:06pm
Counter Strike 1.6 has even more players!?

Hipsters.

Gator
29 Jun 2013, 09:46pm
Now, suggesting that about 1/3 of the players that regularly visit our servers, don't visit the forums regularly, they won't know that we have a CS:GO server.
Also, quite a few of the people who regularly visit our servers don't have CS:GO, so that cuts out another chunk of the population.
And don't forget that quite a few of the people who DO have CS:GO, would not want to play that over our current CS:S servers.
Lastly, CS:GO is primarily a reg game, not as many people want to play custom gamemodes on GO as much as they do on Source.

The aim isn't for the current population or the CS:S community, it's to get CS:GO players which could or could not be different from our CS:S players. Point being, 30,000+ people are playing CS:S while at the same time, another 30,000+ people are playing CS:GO which means instead of reaching only around 30,000 people, we reach 60,000+.

Lupin
16 Aug 2013, 10:30am
bump?

CSGO seems to be bringing in new players with the new "Arms Deal" update. I've seen a couple of people on my friends list play this game regularly now after this update and i've been playing this game a lot more now as well.

Apologies for the almost 2 month bump, but it's still not accepted or rejected atm.

Frosty
30 Aug 2013, 01:49pm
bump

I'd actually play CSGO reg, might as well replace the CSS Reg server we have :P

Spr00k
30 Aug 2013, 02:04pm
Just got csgo I would totally like to see a server for it

Vick
30 Aug 2013, 02:30pm
We should do it! I'll play if we had a server :)

Matt
31 Aug 2013, 05:06am
How about a csgo morbus server? :D. Jk ya reg baby all day.

Monster
31 Aug 2013, 01:57pm
SG needs a CS GO server. I'll happily play on it and the community will grow.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Spartan
31 Aug 2013, 04:56pm
So what do we want, classic casual? Competitive? Dust 2 only? Rotation?

Frosty
31 Aug 2013, 05:01pm
I think I speak for everyone here in wanting 24/7 Militia.

In all seriousness, I'll let you guys decide, I'm up for anything as long as it isn't just one map :P

Monster
31 Aug 2013, 05:44pm
Pls no dust 2 only, that gets boring really fast.

Frosty
31 Aug 2013, 06:11pm
Office, Militia, Assault, Vertigo, Train, Mirage, Inferno, Duts2, Aztec

Wertles
31 Aug 2013, 06:17pm
So what do we want, classic casual? Competitive? Dust 2 only? Rotation?

I'd like a classic casual with Dust 2, Nuke, Inferno, Season, and Train

Vick
31 Aug 2013, 06:19pm
I'd like a classic casual with Dust 2, Nuke, Inferno, Season, and Train
This!

Matt
31 Aug 2013, 09:20pm
Honestly a server that would get SG to get into csgo slowly. Ill be up for helping populate the server anyway i can. Im tired of soccer on minigames lol. Also no train not a really good rep map for casual

Spr00k
31 Aug 2013, 10:40pm
I would like to see competitive but w.e I really don't care what the server turns out to be.

Jazz
1 Sep 2013, 04:17am
I approve this message!

Also dont foget Dust1

Frosty
1 Sep 2013, 09:08am
66.150.121.122:27015

We played the same maps alot when we played this morning, you were able to vote for a map we played not long ago so we ended up playing DUST 2 most of the time we were on

BoM
1 Sep 2013, 03:03pm
Casual rotation on classic maps. plox

Wertles
1 Sep 2013, 09:35pm
Is it possible for there to be Gameme stats?
There was on the old one and I think people would love to point whore this game.

Monster
2 Sep 2013, 05:08am
Maybe SG should attempt to make a ZE CSGO server? It won't hurt anything seeing that no one plays CSS ZE :'(

Octa
2 Sep 2013, 09:34am
Maybe SG should attempt to make a ZE CSGO server? It won't hurt anything seeing that no one plays CSS ZE :'(

I second this motion.

CS:GO ZE is apparently becoming quite popular now that it doesn't suck anymore. I think this could be the right direction to go

Frosty
2 Sep 2013, 09:36am
Was suggested by me and others a while ago (think when Paralyzed stepped down) and Crazy Swede wasn't interested, maybe he is now, not sure though.

Gator
2 Sep 2013, 02:57pm
CS:GO Competitive is the only way to go. Full map rotation, but Competitive.

Lupin
2 Sep 2013, 03:50pm
I found a zblock plugin for CSGO so we can make a scrim server

Neptune
2 Sep 2013, 04:39pm
I found a zblock plugin for CSGO so we can make a scrim server

Whats the point of making a cs:go scrim server when people can just find a classic competitive match in matchmaking with valve servers.

Lupin
2 Sep 2013, 05:43pm
Whats the point of making a cs:go scrim server when people can just find a classic competitive match in matchmaking with valve servers.

Me, Sprook, and mudkip tried to find a compet matchmaking for ~20 minutes and couldn't find one because our ranks were diverse. idk

Spr00k
2 Sep 2013, 09:25pm
Because valve is stupid and shittie

Spartan
5 Sep 2013, 03:53pm
I stuck sourcemod on for the admin. RTV and nominate can be used, and I took a lot of the maps off the rotation. It only has dust, dust 2, nuke and inferno now. In honesty I don't think train is that good, and the cs maps needed removing. Aztec and militia are bollocks. I added gameme too.

If any other de_ maps need added let me know.

Frosty
5 Sep 2013, 03:55pm
Aztec and militia are bollocks.

wow

also, csgo sub forum

Lupin
5 Sep 2013, 05:14pm
I stuck sourcemod on for the admin. RTV and nominate can be used, and I took a lot of the maps off the rotation. It only has dust, dust 2, nuke and inferno now. In honesty I don't think train is that good, and the cs maps needed removing. Aztec and militia are bollocks. I added gameme too.

The times i've been on the server. Train has been voted almost every other map

Neptune
5 Sep 2013, 05:17pm

Please add train and mirage.

Wertles
5 Sep 2013, 07:11pm
Can we have block and friendly fire on?

Eldest
7 Sep 2013, 06:24am
Can we have block and friendly fire on?

No need for that, there's already plenty of chaos when playing a public game with a lot of players.

don't think train is that good, and the cs maps needed removing. Aztec and militia are bollocks. I added gameme too.

A good replacement for the standard CS:GO train is de_train_ve. I personally don't care which one we use, I like all the versions but volcano's train seems to appeal to a lot of people.

As far as the scrim server goes, I'm quite interested in that myself. Although it would be a nice 140 ping for europeans at least we could get some SG inhouses going and possibly a tournament of some sort. I could host a 1vs1 aim map tournament provided we get a server and a decent amount of people are interested.

Please add train and mirage.

Ah yes, and mirage :P

also, csgo sub forum

TVL
7 Sep 2013, 03:03pm
Season, cache, any of the maps people like on the scrim server

Frosty
8 Sep 2013, 03:55pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/54586-new-servers.html#post679063

Suggestions can go into the sub-forum that is in the process of being added.