PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my browser? (firefox)

Senior
25 May 2008, 09:24am
this is the second time it happens, i just turned on my comp and clicked on firefox then i notice that all my favorites is gone, last time it happened i was pissed cos there were alot now im pissed cos it might be something thatll happen again.

the only thing i did yesterday with my comp which i normally dont do, is turn it off by clicking the power switch, i dont think thats the problem but might help you guys help me :bored:

dpgpowerlifter
25 May 2008, 11:09am
i dont think i would affect it by clicking the power switch, but why do that just click start and shut off. i think i mite be bad to shut ti off like how u do

Senior
25 May 2008, 12:48pm
i dont think i would affect it by clicking the power switch, but why do that just click start and shut off. i think i mite be bad to shut ti off like how u do

the only thing i did yesterday with my comp which i normally dont do

:p

Misanthrope
25 May 2008, 12:53pm
Typically if my computer crashes with Firefox open I lose all my cookies, though, that's a tad different from favorites. It's best if you get a firefox addon that saves your favorites.

Try this
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5525

Senior
25 May 2008, 01:19pm
Typically if my computer crashes with Firefox open I lose all my cookies, though, that's a tad different from favorites. It's best if you get a firefox addon that saves your favorites.

Try this
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5525

what do i do after setting up a box.net account :001_unsure:?

Veggie
25 May 2008, 01:40pm
depending if you use Vista or not, backup bookmarks, uninstall, delete Mozilla folder in programfiles and mozilla folder in application data folder, Vista delete Mozilla folder in programfiles and type appdata in search and delete Mozilla folder. Now do a fresh install.

If you don't delete the mozilla folders and do a new install all kinds of weird stuff can happen.

Lemmings19
25 May 2008, 02:06pm
I think perhaps the problem might be during shutdown, I've had this problem before.

I figured that it was me manually shutting down/ resetting my computer while it was in the logout phase. I think it saves user files during that period or something, and shutting it down manually in the middle of it might have resulted in some lost data.

Tcp-Kill
25 May 2008, 02:13pm
I LOST MY FAVOURITES TOO!

i need that program