PDA

View Full Version : Betting/Gambling Credits

RedM00N
17 Jun 2013, 08:46am
Decided to wait untill the last "give player credits" suggestion became forgotton, before suggesting this.
(Actually I cant seem to find it, lol).

So basically its a betting/gambling system, in which you can toss some of your credits on the table, and bet for which team will win.
When a team wins, the player/players who bet on the winning team will get the pool credits from the losing betters(either to the only winner, or distributed evenly if multiple winners)

Ex. RedM00N: bet t 100 / Somerandomdude: bet ct 100. "Terrorists win!"
Since I bet on Terrorists, I get to keep my credits, and take the 100 credits of the losing better.

Not sure if this has been suggested in the past, as I dont see any threads suggesting this.
Seen it work elsewhere, and I though it could be nice feature to add.

Thoughts?

Pet Rock
17 Jun 2013, 08:50am
only way i see this not being abused if their was a limit on how many credits you could bet... and if you could only bet at start of the round... if not i see people waiting till last second when its obvious one team is going 2 win.. then Bet (team) 10000000000 or how many credits they can

xYounger
17 Jun 2013, 08:56am
I do like the idea, however I can see people deliberately finding ways to make his/her team lose so that person can win their bet (resulting in many players getting themselves kicked/banned). Also I have seen this on another server once before, but they had it so you can bet at the last second when it was obvious what team was going to win. If there is a way to restrict betting after a certain time period each round; that would make the odds of winning reasonable.

RedM00N
17 Jun 2013, 08:59am
Yea, ill agree setting a credit cap, say 200, to prevent people just farming credits, and setting a timelimit to bet by, say withing the first minute, to prevent betting against an obvious loss would help limit the chance of foul play by alot.

WriteX
17 Jun 2013, 09:52am
This seems like a good idea, if we include the time limit.
It also have to be so only the ones that are currently betting will recieve from the losers, making it optional wether or not you want to take part. o.o
It may be troublesome to prevent those who feels like abusing it from doing so, though. :/

EDIT: Actually, this might not be a good idea. It seems very troublesome.

Thomson
17 Jun 2013, 10:05am
I like the idea but there are many ways this system can get abused, such as having many friends go on a certain team and lose on purpose to help that one person. Also, what server would this system work on?

HZK
17 Jun 2013, 10:25am
It can be abused(Giving credits to other players or telling people to rig rounds) and it defeats the purpose of having a store, where credit count depends on commitment to playing in the server and donations to the community.

Banana Joe
17 Jun 2013, 10:26am
I'll just bet all my credits and slay the opposite team, what are y'all gonna do about it?

RedM00N
17 Jun 2013, 10:48am
It can be abused(Giving credits to other players or telling people to rig rounds) and it defeats the purpose of having a store, where credit count depends on commitment to playing in the server and donations to the community.

I like the idea but there are many ways this system can get abused, such as having many friends go on a certain team and lose on purpose to help that one person. Also, what server would this system work on?

Expecting a system that cannot be abused is on par with expecting the impossible. The best you can do its prevent as much foul play/rigging and go from there. After all we have no idea if people will even notice/use the system, let alone abuse it. And it can always be removed if it gets abused to hell and back.

--Perhaps even lower the max credits even more, restrict how many times you can bet per map, and/or do it via random chance of it being a betting round. Nothing you can really do about stacking or people throwing games. By this point the amount of preventiong put in place starts to make the whole system less interesting

And any server that has team based matches (i.e. mg,ze,pb,dr) could have it

Pan32
17 Jun 2013, 11:21am
If it includes poker, im in

srsly, gambling on teams could be just a way to spam credits, and that doesnt help at all

Frosty
17 Jun 2013, 11:28am
If possible, make it so it can be used with a certain amount of people in the server, that way you won't have two people coming on when no one is on and abusing it.

SilentGuns
17 Jun 2013, 11:38am
I am sure that we have said before that gambling will never happen.

Skyrocket
17 Jun 2013, 11:44am

^^^^^
This idea has been brought up many times before, and every time it's been shot down.
Reasons?

1: It will allow players to grind for credits constantly on dead servers (Player1 & Player2 join, Player1 bets 200 every round, Player2 then proceeds to kill himself every round)
2: The only point of it to exist is so that people can get credits faster, which is just plain silly.
3: Credits exist as an incentive to keep people playing and maybe even donate to the server, to have a system in place where people can easily circumvent that would entirely defeat the point of the donation/time-based credits.

So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen.

Lupin
17 Jun 2013, 11:47am
You can make it so betting only works when there's at least 5 v 5s. HoE has this gambling system and it works fine for them.

RedM00N
17 Jun 2013, 12:23pm
Wish I Had know this earlier, lol. Unless it was during the one year of the forum history that got lost, as I found nothing thru searching, so I was completley unaware :/

^^^^^
This idea has been brought up many times before, and every time it's been shot down.
Reasons?

1: It will allow players to grind for credits constantly on dead servers (Player1 & Player2 join, Player1 bets 200 every round, Player2 then proceeds to kill himself every round)
2: The only point of it to exist is so that people can get credits faster, which is just plain silly.
3: Credits exist as an incentive to keep people playing and maybe even donate to the server, to have a system in place where people can easily circumvent that would entirely defeat the point of the donation/time-based credits.

So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen.

1. A minimal playerlimit was implied, but perhaps I shouldave stated that. Even the stats plugin protect against that issue.
2. Depends on how you look at it. one bet per map/low credit betting. Doesnt sound like much of a gain.
3. same as #2. Even if your gaining credits, it would be within a reasonable amount, one that acts as a small gain (It wouldnt be on the level of "you have obtianed 1500 credits per map)

"So no. It hasn't happened, it won't happen, and it will never happen"
It hasn't happened, And your saying(as if we've done it already) that it will be fully abused, without knowing if it will or not. People hated the fact that the new store had AFK time, and said on the servers that people would just farm credits by being idle all day. It enever happened and they got over it. Sorry being rude here :<

Start it off on MG and just enable it one the maps that have Tripmines( only 2 that im aware of have them).
I dont see the big issue of gaining like 20 more credits on two maps, as an example of what would actually be given per map due to multiple betters, over what i could normally gain by just playing... And thats assuming I win every bet I made.

Skyrocket
17 Jun 2013, 01:26pm
2. Depends on how you look at it. one bet per map/low credit betting. Doesnt sound like much of a gain.
3. same as #2. Even if your gaining credits, it would be within a reasonable amount, one that acts as a small gain (It wouldnt be on the level of "you have obtianed 1500 credits per map)

The fact that you can only get credits by playing and/or donating is there for a reason, you get credits by supporting the server in one way or another.
Typing !bet ct 200 is not supporting the server.
besides it'd ruin the bet t all joke

capp'n
17 Jun 2013, 01:53pm
I could see people voting for T every round in deathrun

RoverBot3
8 Jul 2013, 04:14am
I could see people voting for T every round in deathrun

Bet on T
CT wins

Paralyzed
8 Jul 2013, 04:17am
Credits should be earned by either donating or playing time, not by gambling.

mapper
8 Jul 2013, 05:09am
This will indeed reduce the income of donations, so I dont think this is a good idea for the future of SG