PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new games

APenguin
15 Jun 2013, 11:24pm
hey guys
so does anyone have any suggestions?
here's what im looking for...
I want a game with amazing characters, and hopefully a storyline. something completely buttfuck linear and without any amazing game feature. Preferably something heart-wrenching, as in they kill of the most beloved character in the end, yada yada.
Im getting kind of bored with all of the games nowadays that are just trying to revolutionize on some amazing feature.. i want to go back to the days where the story was the big feature.
PC would be great. I only own PC and Ps3, so if its one of those.. :)
Could also be PS2, can try and see if available on the PSN.

Bread
15 Jun 2013, 11:39pm
I want a game with amazing characters, and hopefully a storyline. something completely buttfuck linear and without any amazing game feature. Preferably something heart-wrenching, as in they kill of the most beloved character in the end, yada yada

The Walking Dead game fits that description well, its a pretty fun game.

fanatiik
15 Jun 2013, 11:45pm
if you haven't played sleeping dogs yet I'm playing it right now and its pretty good. Think of it as a GTA but instead of being a russian gangster you're a triad undercover cop. I also believe it's on sale right now on the ubisoft website.

WriteX
16 Jun 2013, 03:42am
if you haven't played sleeping dogs yet I'm playing it right now and its pretty good. Think of it as a GTA but instead of being a russian gangster you're a triad undercover cop. I also believe it's on sale right now on the ubisoft website.

Sleeping Dogs' storyline is quite good, but the game itself is very unrealistic. :P

jeN
16 Jun 2013, 03:50am
Might as well throw out the obvious ones since IDK what you've played:
-Mass Effect series, though isn't quite linear. You get to make some choices =p
-Witcher 2(I hated the controls on Witcher 1 so haven't finished that..) Bonus it has brothels and you can fuck mad bitches
-Half Life series
-F.E.A.R Series
-Alice McGee & Alice:Madness returns. The second one felt a lot like a KZ map though

I loved playing all of those, and have replayed a few =p

SilentGuns
16 Jun 2013, 04:07am
Instead of a game like that , you can just go watch game of thrones.

Matt
16 Jun 2013, 01:21pm
Might as well throw out the obvious ones since IDK what you've played:
-Mass Effect series, though isn't quite linear. You get to make some choices =p
-Witcher 2(I hated the controls on Witcher 1 so haven't finished that..) Bonus it has brothels and you can fuck mad bitches
-Half Life series
-F.E.A.R Series
-Alice McGee & Alice:Madness returns. The second one felt a lot like a KZ map though

I loved playing all of those, and have replayed a few =p

The witcher is currently 66% off on steam $6.79 for the franchise not to shabby.

Neme
16 Jun 2013, 04:06pm
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Game | PS3?, PSP®, PSVita - PlayStation® (http://us.playstation.com/games/legacy-of-kain-soul-reaver-ps3-psp.html)

One of the best games/series I've ever played on the Playstation. If you haven't played it yet I would highly recommend giving it a try.

AznRule
16 Jun 2013, 09:23pm
PSN has a E3 Sale with couple of great of games like Far Cry 3 and assassin creed 3 and tomb raider, you should check that out

Lux
17 Jun 2013, 10:55pm
Tomb Raider is a good shout.

If you have a PS3, The Last of Us is just what you're looking for too.

APenguin
18 Jun 2013, 11:40am
Tomb Raider is a good shout.

If you have a PS3, The Last of Us is just what you're looking for too.

I REALLY want to get that, but idk if i can blow the $60 on that right now. :(

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I did download both Witcher's with the sale, so ill definitely play them through..
All of the suggestions look really good, so ill just watch the summer sale and see what i can pick up :)

jeN
18 Jun 2013, 05:01pm
I REALLY want to get that, but idk if i can blow the $60 on that right now. :(

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I did download both Witcher's with the sale, so ill definitely play them through..
All of the suggestions look really good, so ill just watch the summer sale and see what i can pick up :)

Hopefully you can play Witcher 1, it drove me crazy =p I loved Witcher 2 though, it was one of those games I didn't want to stop playing

sebak
18 Jun 2013, 06:16pm
The Last of Us is just what you're looking for too.

yea really great cineimatic game. i spent 2 hours watching the first part on youtube.

metro 2033 is great. and was free on steam a while ago. im sure you can prly find it cheap somewhere. I had a great time as well with Dead Rising 2 and Just Cause 2.

also bf3 was $5 on origin 2 days ago if you are interested.

APenguin
19 Jun 2013, 01:39pm
yea really great cineimatic game. i spent 2 hours watching the first part on youtube.

metro 2033 is great. and was free on steam a while ago. im sure you can prly find it cheap somewhere. I had a great time as well with Dead Rising 2 and Just Cause 2.

also bf3 was $5 on origin 2 days ago if you are interested.
Heh, i actually bought Metro 2033 a long time ago. Played it through a half dozen times.. amazing game. Want to get Last Light, but moniez
I had Dead Rising 2 on the Ps3, but i hated it. Had it for maybe a week. And Just Cause 2 i have, havent bothered launching yet though.
BF3, played for 10 minutes, never again.

WriteX
19 Jun 2013, 02:06pm
Heh, i actually bought Metro 2033 a long time ago. Played it through a half dozen times.. amazing game. Want to get Last Light, but moniez
I had Dead Rising 2 on the Ps3, but i hated it. Had it for maybe a week. And Just Cause 2 i have, havent bothered launching yet though.

I have Metro: Last Light. It's really worth a shot. :P It is graphics heavy, but I guess you wouldn't have any problems with it if you are able to run BF3.

Lupin
19 Jun 2013, 02:07pm

Best thing about Just cause 2 is just zip lining across the map and parachuting down 2 thousand miles above the ground.

struki
19 Jun 2013, 02:27pm
Crusader Kings 2

Why I've spent 260 hours in Crusader Kings 2 | Features, Videos | PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/22/why-ive-spent-over-260-hours-in-crusader-kings-2/)

harro
20 Jun 2013, 03:39am
Bonus it has brothels and you can fuck mad bitches

Fucking slut.

Crzycanadian
20 Jun 2013, 02:33pm
Just cause 2 is totally worth it

Octa
20 Jun 2013, 03:38pm
Alan Wake as pretty much completely story line based, albeit the story is a little out there. Good game still.