PDA

View Full Version : Remove Dust2

AznRule
13 Jun 2013, 03:45pm
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.122:27015/

No one really play on this server and I just really don't see why we still have this server.

ShoieP
13 Jun 2013, 03:46pm
I'm quite sure this won't be happening.

Caution
13 Jun 2013, 04:21pm
I have other ideas for it, and this server in its current state isn't harming anything.

SexualHarassmentPanda
13 Jun 2013, 04:28pm
I have other ideas for it, and this server in its current state isn't harming anything.

Crackhouse DM anyone?

Caution
13 Jun 2013, 04:29pm
Negative.

Lupin
13 Jun 2013, 04:34pm
Turn it into MPQC's aimbot server :D

Sleggie
13 Jun 2013, 04:36pm

<3

Paralyzed
13 Jun 2013, 05:01pm
Have you thought of changing the server into 24/7 Classic maps? (i.e de_train, de_nuke, cs_italy, cs_office etc) and have the map rotation be based on the amount of players that are in the server, when you have less than 10 people for example, you make it so that it rotates between office, italy etc.

fanatiik
13 Jun 2013, 06:34pm
Crackhouse DM anyone?
that totally went well the last time we had one.

t8rtits
13 Jun 2013, 07:04pm
24/7 cs_assault

XeNo
14 Jun 2013, 12:02am
24/7 cs_assault
This isn't 1.5.

Frosty
14 Jun 2013, 12:51am
Why does no one like cs_compound? 24/7 compound imo

BoM
14 Jun 2013, 02:56am
Crackhouse DM anyone?

I love crackhouse, and there aren't many good ones left besides HG (which I'm banned from -_-). please caushion. love you long time and summer is perfect time to populate it.

Kill yourself

Have you thought of changing the server into 24/7 Classic maps? (i.e de_train, de_nuke, cs_italy, cs_office etc) and have the map rotation be based on the amount of players that are in the server, when you have less than 10 people for example, you make it so that it rotates between office, italy etc.

I like the idea, but I question if its possible to do something like that and if it would stay populated. You mine as well call it a second scrim server or "practice" scrim server if you were going to do that.

Right I forgot it was "if you fall down stay down" not "if you fall down get up and try again".

Sorry but this is the mentality that everyone has on every server that has tried and failed before. How the fuck is anything supposed to get done around here. honestly.

24/7 cs_assault

Yeah cause that'll last long. whole server dies when there's 10+ T's camping inside.

Add flashes and smokes you say? There's a reason they get restricted in high pop maps/servers, its hell on earth. 20 person server, 2 flashes per person.......40 possible flashes being thrown in a confined zone. nty.

Banana Joe
14 Jun 2013, 03:37am
^
UKCS 64 slot server with smokes and flashes, hell on earth indeed.

also yokenny, you just requested to kill Haggard's second baby, you don't just simply do that.

Zaraki
14 Jun 2013, 04:27am
Change it into a rotation server with:

de_aztec
de_dust
de_dust2
de_inferno
de_nuke
de_train
cs_italy
cs_office

These classic maps are played often. Make it with always 16k money.. and then we're all set for the summer!

Paralyzed
14 Jun 2013, 04:47am
Make it with always 16k money.. and then we're all set for the summer!

lITBGjNEp08

Zaraki
14 Jun 2013, 05:15am
lITBGjNEp08

Hmmm on the second thought.. I hate AWP campers.. xD
They would do the same shit every round on dust :p

DaFruity
14 Jun 2013, 07:12am
SG should give the Bhop Server another try. Many people asked for it. With a good timer it would probably be a sucsess.

SexualHarassmentPanda
14 Jun 2013, 10:02am

I feel the timing is better now. There are at least a dozen SG players that play on the HG server occasionally and complain about FPS drops because of the infrequent restarts. A smaller server that runs more smoothly could bring in a steady population.

Pyro
14 Jun 2013, 10:08am
I feel the timing is better now. There are at least a dozen SG players that play on the HG server occasionally and complain about FPS drops because of the infrequent restarts. A smaller server that runs more smoothly could bring in a steady population.

Doubt we could get close to their reg though lmfao.

Random {D-B}
14 Jun 2013, 03:16pm
de_dust2 and cs_office. It could be a rotation between those.

Sleggie
15 Jun 2013, 09:02am
Guys, stop forgetting MILITIA! It's my favourite map :cry:

Dirk
15 Jun 2013, 09:02pm
If you are bent on changing it from REG of some sort then gungame seems like a good idea. The people who liked previous GG servers would back me on this for sure.

Paralyzed
15 Jun 2013, 09:06pm
The people who liked previous GG servers would back me on this for sure.

Temporarily.

Sleggie
15 Jun 2013, 09:11pm
Well one thing is for sure: we are not getting rid of this server. But I strongly believe we need to change it a lot, to get more players since its true that the server is always empty and people rather practice on other servers.

Caution
15 Jun 2013, 09:19pm
Gungame is not happening, and neither is a rotation of stuff like assault and militia lmao. People don't play that shit.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a GO reg server, as more people have the game now and it might prove more successful.

ExRev
15 Jun 2013, 09:42pm
Temporarily.

I think this best describes any server we try to make nowadays.

Frosty
16 Jun 2013, 04:32am
I've been toying with the idea of doing a GO reg server, as more people have the game now and it might prove more successful.

I like the idea, GO is pretty popular at the moment with reg.

Caution
17 Jun 2013, 01:55am
Oops, didnt mean to lock it lol

Lupin
17 Jun 2013, 08:15am
If we were to make it GO then can it be a de_dust 2 24/7 deathmatch? Cause deathmatch is usually how the professional cool kids practice and de_dust 2 cause it contains most action. Also there aren't many de_dust 24/7 DMs.

Matt
18 Jun 2013, 08:57am
maybe start a GO scrim server? :D

Tweezy
18 Jun 2013, 10:25am
I'm sorry to be the pessimist, but aren't we forgetting something? We have tried so, so many servers in the past. They all failed because of a couple of reasons:

No player base
People getting bored
Nobody regularly maintaining it

If we try another server we really need to address these issues. We need daily events for a long time, just to increase the server ranking and then for it to gain its own player base (Like Jail Break, MG, ZE, Surf etc).

Players will get bored. We need updates, more stuff added, just something so it is unique from all the other servers with an already large player base (Not just smoother gameplay, that won't get the initial player base we need).

We need an active AO, somebody who will make it its baby, someone who will constantly check on it, update it, and always want to know what the players want. Perhaps if we work on these points we will get somewhere, but it won't be easy.

Octa
18 Jun 2013, 11:46am
I'm sorry to be the pessimist, but aren't we forgetting something? We have tried so, so many servers in the past. They all failed because of a couple of reasons:

No player base
People getting bored
Nobody regularly maintaining it

If we try another server we really need to address these issues. We need daily events for a long time, just to increase the server ranking and then for it to gain its own player base (Like Jail Break, MG, ZE, Surf etc).

Players will get bored. We need updates, more stuff added, just something so it is unique from all the other servers with an already large player base (Not just smoother gameplay, that won't get the initial player base we need).

We need an active AO, somebody who will make it its baby, someone who will constantly check on it, update it, and always want to know what the players want. Perhaps if we work on these points we will get somewhere, but it won't be easy.

Well, I dont know if we have to worry too much about having an active AO if Caution is going to handle it. CSGO might not be my favorite game, but I do think we need to start expanding, and this might be the place to start

Dirk
18 Jun 2013, 11:53am
If all else fails there is always Killing Floor.

Paralyzed
18 Jun 2013, 01:50pm
Like Tweezy said, if we do decide to get new servers it at least needs someone regularly maintaining it. That's the issue we had with past new servers we tried, we started them but no one really took the effort into populating/ regularly maintaining them. Which is the main reason why most new servers keep dieing.

Veggie
23 Jul 2013, 11:48pm
Can this be moved to rejected?

high rws
24 Jul 2013, 04:31pm
~closed