PDA

View Full Version : EA to developed future Star Wars games

Frosty
7 May 2013, 09:03am
in before ea haters and valve fan boys

Anyway...
It has been announced that EA will be taking on future Star Wars games

DICE (Battlefield), Visceral (Dead Space, Return of the King) and BioWare(KOTOR) will be developing the games!

Disney and EA teaming up to make use of the Star Wars licence | News | PC Gamer (http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/07/disney-and-ea-teaming-up-to-make-use-of-the-star-wars-licence/)

I think this is great news, no one knows yet what games will be developed, but as far as I know, they won't be doing mobile games and the new games will run on the Frostbite engine, maybe we can finally see Battlefront 3 from DICE? Also Visceral made Return of the King, the best fucking game around.

Repus
7 May 2013, 10:45am
EA will find a way to make this bad.

Skyrocket
7 May 2013, 01:03pm
DICE should take the Battlefront and Jedi Knight series (since they're both primarily shooters)
Not sure what Visceral will do, but I have high hopes in them
KOTOR 3 PLS PLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLSPLS <3<3<3<3

Also, personal thoughts on why this is what Star Wars needs.
With the exception of the Lego games, we've had some pretty awful star wars games in the recent years, mainly because the franchise has been open to many (Bad, mind you) developers.
With this acquisition, all of the sudden we have 3 very good and very reliable developers working on the project (One of which already made an outstanding and amazing SW game)
Also, think about this, DICE made Battlefield, a very large-scale large-map and expansive FPS series with very well made air combat.
And what was Battlefront? Large-scale, large-map and expansive shooter with very well made air combat.
And considering BF3's aspirations to have persistant space and ground combat with easy transitions between them, I feel like Dice can fill that mould easily.
Also, Visceral is one of the best dev studios in terms of design and atmosphere, which is really good for Star Wars.
AND KOTOR 3 I MEAN CTFO

Lupin
7 May 2013, 02:25pm
Battlefront 3 with real sounding guns :trollsm:

Anyways really good news seeing as Lucasarts(i think) was shut down. Let's hope EA doesn't manage to fuck it up tho

Im a Jackass
7 May 2013, 04:54pm
I have hope. Iv never had any problems with EA games and maybe I will get to see a more realistic Star Wars game now.

joebundy
7 May 2013, 07:30pm
EA will find a way to make this bad.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT... DICE MAKING BF3 WILL BE THE BEST (not inclueing the addons they will kill us with) and the only thing ea is a whore about is servers and addons thats about it,and even if its not dice that make BF3 then they have many capapble devs.all in all this is very promising unless they give it to a shit dev for this type of game (BIOWARE!!!!).

and also bf3 was battlefield before the big map battlefield we know so odd's are dice will be given the task to make BF3...

Skyrocket
7 May 2013, 07:35pm
all in all this is very promising unless they give it to a shit dev for this type of game (BIOWARE!!!!).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/Kotorbox.jpg/250px-Kotorbox.jpg

Watch yo mouth boy, you don't know who you're fucking with