PDA

View Full Version : Perp 3.0

Veggie
21 Apr 2013, 11:10pm
I had so many great times in perp despite it being a pain to keep up to date with plugins and all. Riding on the back of Supa's moped, penguin running me over, bubblez being gangsta raiding everyone lol, corrupt police. I'd really like to see this come back big time.

Show your support, if enough people want it and we can get para and silent back to run it that would be rad and oh it's my Birthday as well :)

Thanks guys!

Unnamed Newbie
22 Apr 2013, 05:22am
Totally.
Hands down the best rp

Octa
22 Apr 2013, 05:55am
Yeah, noo... P3rp always seems to bring out the worst in everyone. I never got into it, but if we hadnt had this server in the past, there would be plently of people who are now banned who used to be regulars that wouldnt be. All I ever saw this server do was start arguments on the forums like every other day. So yeah. Ill vote no.

Tweezy
22 Apr 2013, 08:30am
I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but give it a couple of months and the server won't be as popular. We all saw it happen :(

Nishok
22 Apr 2013, 09:26am
I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but give it a couple of months and the server won't be as popular. We all saw it happen :(

That was DarkRP. Perp didn't get unpopulated, it was simply shut down because it required another dedi, which wasn't being paid by us, and we could not host it on our regular dedi because it required too much resources + it brought DDoS attacks which would harm our other servers.

Tweezy
22 Apr 2013, 09:31am
That was DarkRP. Perp didn't get unpopulated, it was simply shut down because it required another dedi, which wasn't being paid by us, and we could not host it on our regular dedi because it required too much resources + it brought DDoS attacks which would harm our other servers.

Oh yes good point. I forgot about the attacks and stuff. I would like to see perp back, it was a lot of fun

Habibi
22 Apr 2013, 09:36am
OMG, bring it back!! Too many good memories, all that needs to happen this time is people need to actually RP and it will be even better!

Tweezy
22 Apr 2013, 09:37am
OMG, bring it back!! Too many good memories, all that needs to happen this time is people need to actually RP and it will be even better!

Speaking for yourself? Aha only messing :) I had some good times being a cop and trying to chase you crooks down ^_^

Chrixz
22 Apr 2013, 09:47am
Yeah, had a bunch of good memories from perp! please add it back.

Also:
The Chicago Outfit
http://i.imgur.com/e2i8aC8.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/9gYMehK.jpg?1

Habibi
22 Apr 2013, 11:52am
Speaking for yourself? Aha only messing :) I had some good times being a cop and trying to chase you crooks down ^_^

Haha you and that laugh, best combo.

Nasu
22 Apr 2013, 12:04pm
COOL UNTIL YOU REALIZE ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU DO IS AGAINST THE RULES BECAUSE THERE ARE BAZILLION OF THEM AND EVERY ADMIN ENACTS THEM DIFFERENTLY.

Wicked Pissah
22 Apr 2013, 12:11pm
Yeah, noo... P3rp always seems to bring out the worst in everyone. I never got into it, but if we hadnt had this server in the past, there would be plently of people who are now banned who used to be regulars that wouldnt be. All I ever saw this server do was start arguments on the forums like every other day. So yeah. Ill vote no.

Agreed. This server was fun and all, but it caused too many problems; the cons outweigh the pros.

Moo Moo Viking
22 Apr 2013, 12:45pm
Really liked it and every thing about it would like to see it come back

Spr00k
22 Apr 2013, 02:40pm
I just started playing Perp since DarkRP was getting boring and I would really like if SG had one. It would be so much easier than all the other servers I play on because I get raided 24/7.

Paralyzed
22 Apr 2013, 02:59pm
Really liked it and every thing about it would like to see it come back

Hi Kaitlin or Katlin, I don't remember. I do remember your last name being Rose.

ScubaToaster
22 Apr 2013, 03:02pm
Bring back please.

WoLF
22 Apr 2013, 03:26pm
Perp servers always bring a lot of ddos And Will afect the other servers. I wouldn't recommend this server , only if you are prepared to get ddosed. one whole community got down just because of perp , dont risk yourself

Paralyzed
22 Apr 2013, 03:35pm
Please remind that we do not live in 2011/2012 where there were still active PERP communities around. The only really active PERP server around now is HG and they aren't really the kind of community to Ddos others. Exiledservers etc, were the ones that that usually did that shit, but are now long gone.

LoneWolf
22 Apr 2013, 04:09pm
I vote yes, it was a great server, very populated If i recalled. But the only problem is rule breakers.. But still would love to see this back.

Sleggie
22 Apr 2013, 04:18pm
What about BuildRP?

Im a Jackass
22 Apr 2013, 04:28pm
I would love to see it come back. I hardly play any SG servers now and I would come and join this one.

frank the rabbit
22 Apr 2013, 05:20pm
i would love to see it back. the only problem for me is all the gangs that literally wont let you own a house with out it getting raided.

Revolution18
22 Apr 2013, 05:37pm
That was DarkRP. I blame you for that it was all going great then you broke it and no one could get on for like a week. Then it died.

Nishok
22 Apr 2013, 05:53pm
I blame you for that it was all going great then you broke it and no one could get on for like a week. Then it died.

Thanks for your ignorance :)

Revolution18
22 Apr 2013, 10:01pm
Thanks for your ignorance :)no prob babe also i don't see a thanks on my post :troll:

harro
22 Apr 2013, 11:33pm
Bring it back, just don't let every single SA have admin. Have 1 AO/BD taking care of the server and start out with like 5 trustworthy people. (Run it like MC as a separate entity)

Veggie
23 Apr 2013, 01:22am
Bring it back, just don't let every single SA have admin. Have 1 AO/BD taking care of the server and start out with like 5 trustworthy people. (Run it like MC as a separate entity)

Well said.

Paralyzed
23 Apr 2013, 03:06am

Going to put a shitload of pressure on the ones that are actually willing to learn/follow the rules though. Those that only want to play and not deal with rule breakers will never take the effort to learn them. If you want to play on the server, and you happen to be an Admin you should be aware of the rules and need to be able to enforce them whenever you are playing - otherwise don't play there.

SA's already had their powers limited as much as possible and only got access to commands like kick and ban etc. That was different in the beginning but it was changed in the progress.

harro
23 Apr 2013, 04:14am
Going to put a shitload of pressure on the ones that are actually willing to learn/follow the rules though. Those that only want to play and not deal with rule breakers will never take the effort to learn them. If you want to play on the server, and you happen to be an Admin you should be aware of the rules and need to be able to enforce them whenever you are playing - otherwise don't play there.

SA's already had their powers limited as much as possible and only got access to commands like kick and ban etc. That was different in the beginning but it was changed in the progress.

The thing is though, those SA's should not have powers to kick/ban at all until approved as someone that is responsible/knowledgeable in the rules of the server.

Tweezy
23 Apr 2013, 06:18am
The thing is though, those SA's should not have powers to kick/ban at all until approved as someone that is responsible/knowledgeable in the rules of the server.

Fair enough, but most of the time you can't think about this, you have to deal with the rule breaker in the present, and most of the time pretty quickly to reduce the issue of ruined gameplay for everyone else. If someone was breaking into houses as a cop without actual evidence, you shouldn't have to wait for an approval. Most of the time though, admins shouldn't kick straight away. Give them a warning in chat or message them directly, if they continue to break the rules, then slay them or move them into time out.

Frosty
23 Apr 2013, 06:35am
I agree with Paralyzed, just give admins kick, ban and mute commands, there is no need for anymore. I remember an old server I went on, admins were allowed to spawn money in and shit like that lol

SilentGuns
23 Apr 2013, 06:37am
If SAs get powers then they should not be allowed to play normally ( grow weed, be in / help factions, rob people) . There is nothing more dangerous than a butthurt admin and PERP... it creates a lot of butthurt.

Would people play PERP ? Yes . My only concern is the ammount of QQ that will come from this. I will vote yes only because I am now much better skilled to deal with all of these people than before . Also because the CE have to deal with all of the player complaints :troll:

harro
23 Apr 2013, 06:41am
Fair enough, but most of the time you can't think about this, you have to deal with the rule breaker in the present, and most of the time pretty quickly to reduce the issue of ruined gameplay for everyone else. If someone was breaking into houses as a cop without actual evidence, you shouldn't have to wait for an approval. Most of the time though, admins shouldn't kick straight away. Give them a warning in chat or message them directly, if they continue to break the rules, then slay them or move them into time out.

Yeah well that's why I said you start out with a small pool of 5 or so because I can guarantee you most of that 5 will be on 24/7 first week the server's out. If more admins are needed then start adding them in slowly, but giving every single one of our 2 million SA's kick and ban powers means they're all going to direct them at each other [even though they're not supposed to] and that's going to cause a whole lot of ass destruction.

But whatever's fine I suppose lol. If there's too much stupid chaos I'll just stay out of the server like I did last time it was around.

Chrixz
23 Apr 2013, 06:48am
I think SA's should be able to at least kick, ban, slay, spectate other players (might be abused) and maybe blacklist, example blacklisting someone for driving/jobs for x amount of time.

Hilner
23 Apr 2013, 07:53am
but giving every single one of our 2 million SA's kick and ban powers means they're all going to direct them at each other [even though they're not supposed to] and that's going to cause a whole lot of ass destruction.

Then they shouldnt have SA to begin with, not sure why you'd think that admins would start using powers against each other all of a sudden (apart from the typical occasional slap)

Paralyzed
23 Apr 2013, 08:13am
If SAs get powers then they should not be allowed to play normally ( grow weed, be in / help factions, rob people) . There is nothing more dangerous than a butthurt admin and PERP... it creates a lot of butthurt.
Might be a good way to filter out the baddies. :amuse:

In all seriousness though, Admins should be able to play fine (as the admin access they have shouldn't effect any gameplay) but should be more careful when using kick/ban whenever they get raided etc (Only use when you are certain they break rules).. because yes, people tend to kick/ban people sooner when shit happens to them.

ReneGade
23 Apr 2013, 08:42am
I could go for some chaos. Might even have to considered applying to get my admin back because I'm a glutton for self punishment. :D

I wasn't around too much for the first one, but I remember reading some of the forum posts and having a good chuckle at the stories.

Cromyth
23 Apr 2013, 11:02am
Here we go again...

Honestly, if we get a PERP server I'd find a reason to come back and play. PERP was honestly some of the most fun I've had on SG next to 09 PB. I'll make a big ass list of the pros and cons and what I've noticed from time to time on other PERP servers that worked out.

Right now, there are very few PERP server so this could be a very good opportunity to restore the community and help it grow. We'd need to do things differently to set up apart from other servers and communities by introducing new jobs/scripts/drugs/weapons/furniture/ect. Another good idea might be to try a new map. I know we have some amazing map builders, I don't see why we can't make our own custom map. I know that might fuck up some of the scripts already in place but I'm sure we could figure it out. Its only been a few years since we had the server, I don't see why we couldn't wait a few months to get a map in place.

Only downside is that PERP tends to bring out the good, bad and the ugly in everyone. People get pissed when their friend raids their house and then everyone gets hostile at each other and suddenly PERP isn't PERP anymore, its more "Lets start gangs and mafias and just grow and raid 24/7." We would need to implement a roleplay system and NLR system too. I cannot describe how many times people have broken NLR.

I've thought of a few decent rules

No breaking NLR (Possibly make a script that when a person dies they are restricted from returning and if they do they are auto slayed?)
No metagaming. Just because someone asks in global how long it takes for weed to grow doesnt mean you can go to their house and raid them
No random raiding. The person must either be a rival or did something in that CURRENT life to piss you off. IE shot at you, hit you
Must ROLEPLAY. If you own a store that is selling firearms and you have AKs clear as day and it is against the law.. cops can warrant you and arrest you.
No god damn CDM. Jesus Christ.. make an attempt to stop going 110 through town and plowing over everyone on the sidewalk
No prop climbing/surfing/pushing. Pretty self explanatory
No growing in unowned places. Shits lame
Warn people to get off your property before shooting them in the face through the window
No building barricades when you're raiding someone. shits lame
Don't kill the mayor unless he actually does something wrong..
DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Theres probably more but im too lazy to care.

Ass Beating Cops will make a return and fuck your shit. Pussy ass gangster don't have shit on me

Chrixz
23 Apr 2013, 11:26am
There has to be a few rules such as:
- You can not kill the mayor unless the tax is lower than 30%(example). And when you kidnap the mayor you gotta roleplay it. For example use /me "breaks the mayor's radio and gags him" That way the mayor can't call for help. Unless he's failrping.
- 30min raid rule, you can not raid that house whithin 30min.
- 5min NLR rule, you cannot be in that area, and you will lose health if you are close enough to were you died.

Habibi
23 Apr 2013, 02:04pm
Here we go again...

Honestly, if we get a PERP server I'd find a reason to come back and play. PERP was honestly some of the most fun I've had on SG next to 09 PB. I'll make a big ass list of the pros and cons and what I've noticed from time to time on other PERP servers that worked out.

Right now, there are very few PERP server so this could be a very good opportunity to restore the community and help it grow. We'd need to do things differently to set up apart from other servers and communities by introducing new jobs/scripts/drugs/weapons/furniture/ect. Another good idea might be to try a new map. I know we have some amazing map builders, I don't see why we can't make our own custom map. I know that might fuck up some of the scripts already in place but I'm sure we could figure it out. Its only been a few years since we had the server, I don't see why we couldn't wait a few months to get a map in place.

Only downside is that PERP tends to bring out the good, bad and the ugly in everyone. People get pissed when their friend raids their house and then everyone gets hostile at each other and suddenly PERP isn't PERP anymore, its more "Lets start gangs and mafias and just grow and raid 24/7." We would need to implement a roleplay system and NLR system too. I cannot describe how many times people have broken NLR.

I've thought of a few decent rules

No breaking NLR (Possibly make a script that when a person dies they are restricted from returning and if they do they are auto slayed?)
No metagaming. Just because someone asks in global how long it takes for weed to grow doesnt mean you can go to their house and raid them
No random raiding. The person must either be a rival or did something in that CURRENT life to piss you off. IE shot at you, hit you
Must ROLEPLAY. If you own a store that is selling firearms and you have AKs clear as day and it is against the law.. cops can warrant you and arrest you.
No god damn CDM. Jesus Christ.. make an attempt to stop going 110 through town and plowing over everyone on the sidewalk
No prop climbing/surfing/pushing. Pretty self explanatory
No growing in unowned places. Shits lame
Warn people to get off your property before shooting them in the face through the window
No building barricades when you're raiding someone. shits lame
Don't kill the mayor unless he actually does something wrong..
DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS

Theres probably more but im too lazy to care.

Ass Beating Cops will make a return and fuck your shit. Pussy ass gangster don't have shit on me

Everything well put.

The biggest rules that were broken were roleplaying in general. If you want to be a shop owner, you have to act exactly as a shop owner. Etc, etc, etc.

Fuck The Police.

D-Team oll
23 Apr 2013, 02:31pm
Sadly i missed when Perp was around but i do rember DarkRp and that didnt go very well but if its monitored and people do infact roleplay then it might be fun. (And what Harro surgests is good but people get pissed off and admins might get so pissed off and ban/kick for something minute). Last thing is resvered slots it would be nice that only admins have it for perp because if a reg( like myself) is playing and have been on for the past 2 hours have a house and large supply of weed or money printers and get auto-kicked for resverd slots ill lose all my stuff and probaly not want to come on again for a who knows how long.

Cromyth
23 Apr 2013, 02:41pm
Everything well put.

The biggest rules that were broken were roleplaying in general. If you want to be a shop owner, you have to act exactly as a shop owner. Etc, etc, etc.

Fuck The Police.

RP suffered when NLR and RDM became more common. When the server first started everyone RP'd (After all the abusing admins were banned or had admin removed)

I fucked up so many raids as a SWAT it was glorious. Sometimes I was by myself and I still clutched.

Frosty
23 Apr 2013, 04:37pm
I remember playing other RP servers, New life rule was ruined when abusing admins just killed you randomly and said you couldn't remember because of the NLR... those were the days :D

Spartan
23 Apr 2013, 07:17pm
Does anyone bother doing research before they comment?

The transition from gmod 12 to 13 made perp hella broken. Any free version you find is, and will probably always be, a stolen copy. This is something I'm not willing to do. The gamemode is so fucking big it makes my eyes bleed looking at the contents of it, and any bugs, glitches, whatever, will all be apparent in a stolen copy.

Some coders probably have fixed it up for a price and sold it to communities dedicated to perp, but if I'm honest this server is not worth the cost. Not just financially, but just morally. Forget about making the rules and what powers admins have. This server is a fucking a demon because it's roleplay. Kids thinking they are the police raiding your house for no reason? "Lol you have nothing to hide so why not let us in!?" Perfect logic. Fuck this gamemode in the ass. If it's not the admin complaints, the fail roleplaying, or the shitty bugs, it's a ddos every other day. I'm not risking the other servers for this.

I'm keeping this brief. I will personally not be maintaining this server, should it ever happen. And that is final.

Tweezy
24 Apr 2013, 01:12pm
Well, it looks like we have three choices then.

Perp (Bare in mind Spartans post though, any versions we find will probably be very buggy and illegal)
BaseWards (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52830-expand-our-gmod-player-base-2.html)
StrongHold (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52830-expand-our-gmod-player-base-2.html#post662196)

D-Team oll
24 Apr 2013, 02:28pm
Well, it looks like we have three choices then.

Perp (Bare in mind Spartans post though, any versions we find will probably be very buggy and illegal)
BaseWards (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52830-expand-our-gmod-player-base-2.html)
StrongHold (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52830-expand-our-gmod-player-base-2.html#post662196)

Or Morbus.

ExRev
24 Apr 2013, 04:19pm
Stronghold

Fixed.

Also, Stronghold.

Tweezy
24 Apr 2013, 05:12pm
Fixed.

Also, Stronghold.

If PERP is a no no, then I would quite like to give both of the servers a test you know. Perhaps a week for each gamemode and then we do a final vote. If you need help with any of the setup, message me. I'm all done with uni in three weeks, so I will have a lot of spare time!

Veggie
24 Apr 2013, 08:54pm
I have to agree with what spartan said at this point.

Paralyzed
25 Apr 2013, 01:27am
Alright, so PERP is off the list and you can pretty much see it as a permanent rejection, so don't bother suggesting the idea again in the future. Feel free to use this (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52830-expand-our-gmod-player-base.html#post661967) thread for any further discussion regarding a new GMOD server though... Thread locked.