PDA

View Full Version : Community Goals and activities

Tweezy
20 Apr 2013, 11:31am
During the school terms our servers are a lot less populated then many rival communities, or just general servers. I think we should have some global community goals to bring SG back together and to also get our servers ranked higher to bring in a bigger player base. Things like gaming nights, meet ups on the cinema server (Maybe even drunk meetups for the older people!) I feel as if this community is a lot less connected then it was years ago.

Not just gaming nights or meetups, we could go back to having fun times on tiny chat, vent competitions like karaoke. There are so many things we could be doing, but we just aren't.

Turtlefiish
20 Apr 2013, 11:43am
Not just gaming nights or meetups, we could go back to having fun times on tiny chat, vent competitions like karaoke. There are so many things we could be doing, but we just aren't.

karaoke

Please don't sing Tweezy... my ears still have not recovered and it's been about 3 years!

Tweezy
20 Apr 2013, 12:48pm
Please don't sing Tweezy... my ears still have not recovered and it's been about 3 years!

:'( You upset me! On a serious note, it was such a good time. I had only been in the community for a week lmao. To be honest, I'm amazed I didn't run a mile when Mercy sang Barbie Girl... Aha

SilentGuns
20 Apr 2013, 01:14pm
A community Q&A night would be awesome, where Spartan or some other higher up answers questions on vent.

Lupin
20 Apr 2013, 01:28pm
double credit nights would be nice

Frosty
20 Apr 2013, 01:36pm
double credit nights would be nice

that just brings a load of idiots who don't know how to play into the servers, let us never forget the state of the 7x credits zombie escape event

Paralyzed
20 Apr 2013, 01:41pm
that just brings a load of idiots who don't know how to play into the servers, let us never forget the state of the 7x credits zombie escape event

7x?

Lupin
20 Apr 2013, 01:41pm

having Double creds on all servers would keep the idiots on their server.

Tweezy
20 Apr 2013, 01:42pm
A community Q&A night would be awesome, where Spartan or some other higher up answers questions on vent.

I remember when Garf did this when he was BD, probably one of the best things he did.

Frosty
20 Apr 2013, 01:42pm
7x?

I think it started as 4x, then andre slowly raised it up to 7x by the end of the week.

having Double creds on all servers would keep the idiots on their server.

Good point.

Paralyzed
20 Apr 2013, 01:45pm
I think it started as 4x, then andre slowly raised it up to 7x by the end of the week.

Good point.
2x, 3x, 4x (last day). 7x seems a bit excessive, lol.

Tweezy
23 Apr 2013, 04:44am
2x, 3x, 4x (last day). 7x seems a bit excessive, lol.

It does a little. So, what do you all think to this suggestion?

Tweezy
18 Jun 2013, 11:58pm
Have any of these points been brought up? The Q&A suggestion was really good.

MPQC
19 Jun 2013, 06:07am
If you guys have questions, feel free to ask us. Q&A night just sounds like a bad idea (honestly, what could you guys ask lol).

Banana Joe
19 Jun 2013, 06:30am
If you guys have questions, feel free to ask us. Q&A night just sounds like a bad idea (honestly, what could you guys ask lol).

Aye, it does sound a tad gay tbh, unless we get skitz or jen in of course.

Lupin
19 Jun 2013, 08:56am

How long?

Tweezy
19 Jun 2013, 09:08am
If you guys have questions, feel free to ask us. Q&A night just sounds like a bad idea (honestly, what could you guys ask lol). The last question and answer night we had was very good. A lot has happened to the community recently, Amit selling the community to some silent investor is a good example. I'm pretty sure people want to know about it lol.

Daze
19 Jun 2013, 03:00pm
Bring back the BWGT.

See here:

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/21499-bwgt-07-18-09-prison-break.html
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/23508-bwgt-08-22-09-defuse-singing-contest.html

64 community players in one server was hella fun back then

MPQC
19 Jun 2013, 03:39pm
The last question and answer night we had was very good. A lot has happened to the community recently, Amit selling the community to some silent investor is a good example. I'm pretty sure people want to know about it lol.

SG has not been sold again (nor is it in the process of being sold), in the case it does get sold you guys will know full well that it happened.

Tweezy
19 Jun 2013, 03:46pm
SG has not been sold again (nor is it in the process of being sold), in the case it does get sold you guys will know full well that it happened.

I got told Amit sold the community off to some guy called Ryan

MPQC
19 Jun 2013, 03:51pm

No.

Prez
19 Jun 2013, 10:37pm
Bring back the BWGT.

See here:

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/21499-bwgt-07-18-09-prison-break.html
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/23508-bwgt-08-22-09-defuse-singing-contest.html

64 community players in one server was hella fun back then

Fuck yeah, bring these back 100%.

Unnamed Newbie
20 Jun 2013, 04:41pm

Before we jump to conclusions, I think a better question is whether or not Amit is still alive.

Frosty
20 Jun 2013, 05:06pm
Didn't think he sold it, he gave it to Ryan.

Zaraki
20 Jun 2013, 05:20pm
Didn't think he sold it, he gave it to Ryan.

A sad moment when we realise that we're just something that's tossed around like a piece of dirt. We should just buy ourselves out like alot of people suggested when Garfieldh went full MacBook on us!

If this isn't true, don't mind the above and continue on with your life like nothing happened.

Octa
20 Jun 2013, 06:52pm
First Step: Fix TTT
Second Step: Events that arent only on DR would be cool.
Third Step: Well, idk, thats about all I've got.

Caution
20 Jun 2013, 09:55pm
A sad moment when we realise that we're just something that's tossed around like a piece of dirt. We should just buy ourselves out like alot of people suggested when Garfieldh went full MacBook on us!

If this isn't true, don't mind the above and continue on with your life like nothing happened.

It's not as easy as it sounds on paper.

SilentGuns
21 Jun 2013, 09:15am

Honestly I still hope for the day when we get a competent owner with a vision and motivation to make it into reality - a true leader. As for SG buying itself - haha no ...

Nishok
21 Jun 2013, 12:39pm
It's not as easy as it sounds on paper.

Internet*

Caution
21 Jun 2013, 12:51pm
You get my point =P

Tweezy
24 Jun 2013, 06:14am
Just because some guy owns us at the top doesn't mean we can't move forward. We still decide how the servers are operated and I guess what gets spent where? Doing events, talks, competitions etc doesn't need a true leader, it just needs someone who is willing to put in the hours... I do agree that having someone at the top who actually cares would be a nice thing!

Tweezy
17 Jul 2013, 03:22pm
Any more views on this people?

Zaraki
17 Jul 2013, 05:35pm
The only thing we should do is.. Keep calm and enjoy the summer! Everybody is obviously doing it, looking at the server population..

Caution
28 Aug 2013, 08:59pm
Approved as requested.

Tweezy
29 Aug 2013, 12:35am
Approved as requested.

Thanks man! :)