PDA

View Full Version : How about we ditch !votemap?

MarshalZuijj
16 Apr 2013, 09:18pm
Should remove !votemap and keep !rtv and map cycle to prevent map favoritism. Because nobody likes the same map on repeat for 3 maps in a row.

please stop slapping me gunner, you know you love christmastown

Wertles
16 Apr 2013, 09:36pm
But sometimes I want to play on a map 34 but we are on map 2.

Not really but this would get rid of that ever happening unless the entire server RTV'd a bunch of times.

Also, we need to allow it to have us change maps as soon as we are on the map. It's really annoying when we get moved to a shit map and we can't change maps for the next 10 minutes, we usually lose population quickly and it's hard to get the people back.

Skyrocket
16 Apr 2013, 09:38pm
Unless we get !nominate working, I'm saying no.
Votemap is good because you can have a list of not-shit maps over nothing but shitty maps

Fishey
17 Apr 2013, 05:17am
It gets really annoying when everyone votemaps 3 rounds into every map. My traitor round has been ruined by this several times.

ReneGade
17 Apr 2013, 08:51am
This topic is in particular regard to a group of people intentionally using votemap and tricking people into helping them change the map to christmastown over and over every time it hit the 10 minute mark. It was the same map changed to every 10 minutes 4 or 5 times in a row.

They were also setting it up so that they wouldn't over vote so that when an admin vetoed they could immediately have another person vote for it and force another veto.

I voted Yes, but after thinking about it some more all the system needs is to prevent any map that has been played recently (last hour, last 5 maps, etc...) from being voted for. That way he players still have power to play any map that the majority wants, except it can't be used to constantly play the same map.

Squid
17 Apr 2013, 01:46pm
The map voting system before gmod 13 was the best.

Skyrocket
17 Apr 2013, 02:34pm
The map voting system before gmod 13 was the best.

Fretta voting system.
It's not going to come back because Fretta was absolutely and utterly destroying when GM13 came out, and I don't think the guys can be arsed to fix it for GM13.
I honestly think Garry is just trying to destroy Gmod at this point, releasing patches that break literally everything.

omarfire00
17 Apr 2013, 02:53pm
Why is it that everyone thinks that game creators/managers want to break their games?

Skyrocket
17 Apr 2013, 03:36pm
Why is it that everyone thinks that game creators/managers want to break their games?

Have you seen the shit Garry has done?
Gmod was perfectly fine back in 2011, but he constantly released updates and patches, every single one of which broke TTT in new and innovative ways.
Now that TTT is an official gamemode, he's taken to breaking plugins.

Frosty
18 Apr 2013, 03:02am
I don't think he wants to intentionally break plugins lol

Dr Pepper
19 Apr 2013, 07:05am
i never get on anymore because of that shit its fucking annoying