PDA

View Full Version : Teleport for servers without no-block.

Ghost1995
12 Apr 2013, 03:34pm
Well usually in servers without no-block players get stuck in teleports when two or more people decided to go through he teleport at once. This mostly applies to zm.

So a friend asked me if its possible to create a teleport that you cant get stuck in.

Well I made one and thought I'd post the vid here as well. Any info about it is in the vid description.

If you have any questions ask me here. :o

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RW2EHeRs0

mapper
12 Apr 2013, 03:53pm
Still if two players go in the same teleport at the same time(or in less than 0.4 seconds) then they are blocked again. This wont work at all in multiplayer servers, maybe only if there are very few people online.

Edit: What you could do is use this method and put a delay on the teleport for half a second, then it will work. But that would rather be annoying.

Ghost1995
13 Apr 2013, 04:16am
Still if two players go in the same teleport at the same time(or in less than 0.4 seconds) then they are blocked again. This wont work at all in multiplayer servers, maybe only if there are very few people online.

Edit: What you could do is use this method and put a delay on the teleport for half a second, then it will work. But that would rather be annoying.

What? Cant you see that 6 bots were entering the teleport that the same time and everything worked?

Tweezy
13 Apr 2013, 04:44am
From what I could see, only two bots were entering the teleport at the same time. To be honest, I don't actually see why this is any different, people would just get stuck at the top of the teleport. Also, in practice this wouldn't go any further as I guarantee nobody will be wanting to modify the maps to change how the teleport works. Just put in a request for noblock.

Ghost1995
14 Apr 2013, 04:07am
From what I could see, only two bots were entering the teleport at the same time. To be honest, I don't actually see why this is any different, people would just get stuck at the top of the teleport. Also, in practice this wouldn't go any further as I guarantee nobody will be wanting to modify the maps to change how the teleport works. Just put in a request for noblock.
You can see the trigger_multiple that teleports people covering the whole floor. I just demonstrated a worst case scenario where 6 people are walking into the teleport at the same time and its teleporting them one by one. The teleport only gets re-enabled once the destination is clear of any obstructions. The fact its just looping the two people is just coincidence because how the engine works. It could be picking any of the 6 bots to teleport next.

I in no way expect anyone to use this method. I just thought it would be interesting to try and attempt and I made it work, it could be optimized a bit better but it works so its fine for now.

HZK
14 Apr 2013, 04:38am
This method works, however in-game it would be impractical as it would take forever to teleport a lot of people - some methods to speed this up should be used; a few examples of ways to speed the process up would be: using multiple teleports & destinations; using a trigger_push at the destination to push the players out faster and shrinking the size of the trigger at the destination.

Overall it's a decent way to prevent problems with teleportation in the source engine, but it wouldn't work very well when a lot of players attempt to be teleported as it would be very slow.

Wicked Pissah
14 Apr 2013, 08:24am
That's a pretty sweet idea. Good job accomplishing what you wanted to do as well. You should, however, take it a step further and make a map with it being used. :thumb: