PDA

View Full Version : LoL tournament

mapper
5 Apr 2013, 09:48am
Can we have another one? Just like 2 years ago :)

pref in EU-W

harro
5 Apr 2013, 11:35am
Don't think enough people play EU regularly. Most of the EU peeps I know still play on the NA server.

fanatiik
5 Apr 2013, 12:29pm
im up if its in NA

Golden Shower
5 Apr 2013, 01:12pm
I'd be the comedic relief, if NA was considered.

Gragas player here.

Lupin
5 Apr 2013, 02:15pm
i think a lot more people play on the NA servers, but im up to play for fun .

ScubaToaster
5 Apr 2013, 03:13pm
I'll wreck everyone's shit.

jeN
5 Apr 2013, 03:14pm
I'd play NA, who the fuck plays EUW

Lupin
5 Apr 2013, 03:22pm
I'll wreck everyone's shit.

Bro, do you even lift?

fanatiik
5 Apr 2013, 05:03pm
I can make a tournament in the tourny tab if you guys want to. I don't know if someone wants to chip in a price or something but post what you guys would want as rules and stuff.

Octa
5 Apr 2013, 10:08pm
Put it in NA and im up for it.

Aznhobo
6 Apr 2013, 12:03am
Would be nice for those LoL players in SG. Also, to show whos the best player in SG. :fuckyeah:

harro
6 Apr 2013, 12:38am
Well. Time to stomp everyone again.

Paralyzed
6 Apr 2013, 06:08am
I'm in, if it's for NA.

Spartan
6 Apr 2013, 10:35am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/tournaments.php?do=view&id=19

Thinking some top dollar games and credits.

mapper
6 Apr 2013, 10:49am
im eu-w but I see i can select the region in the play menu. When I change region, I need another account? amiright?

fanatiik
6 Apr 2013, 12:01pm
im eu-w but I see i can select the region in the play menu. When I change region, I need another account? amiright?

yep

Lupin
6 Apr 2013, 12:40pm

wouldn't that put you in a giant disadvantage?

Bob Loblaw
6 Apr 2013, 01:43pm
Well. Time to stomp everyone again.

*Clears throat* If I recall, you've beat me all of one time as Xerath.

And that's exactly it, it'd be toooo easyyyyy.

e: I joined, but it depends when it's being held, going to be pretty busy in the near future since finals are coming up.

Habibi
6 Apr 2013, 03:26pm
I'm in, if it's for NA.

Ready to get raped by your mentor?

High
6 Apr 2013, 03:42pm
I declare victory.

struki
6 Apr 2013, 07:20pm
I'm the only guy whos on EU-NE

fml.

harro
6 Apr 2013, 09:46pm
*Clears throat* If I recall, you've beat me all of one time as Xerath.

And that's exactly it, it'd be toooo easyyyyy.

e: I joined, but it depends when it's being held, going to be pretty busy in the near future since finals are coming up.

You mean out of the two times we've played against each other? ._.

BoM
6 Apr 2013, 10:15pm
why does it have to be 1v1? -_-

fanatiik
6 Apr 2013, 10:19pm
why does it have to be 1v1? -_-
We don't have enough people to make an actual team tournament.
also 1v1 are more fun cause its your skills vs the other guy skills

harro
6 Apr 2013, 11:14pm
Actually we should do 3v3 because 1v1 is all about who gets the counterpick.

BoM
7 Apr 2013, 12:38am
We don't have enough people to make an actual team tournament.
also 1v1 are more fun cause its your skills vs the other guy skills

as harro said its counter-picks not skill v skill.

3v3 or 5v5 tournament would be a measure of team skill.

Octa
7 Apr 2013, 12:50am
as harro said its counter-picks not skill v skill.

3v3 or 5v5 tournament would be a measure of team skill.

I second this actually. 1V1 is more about if you can counter their pick then if you are more skilled then them.

Spartan
7 Apr 2013, 06:00am
A 5 v 5 will need at least 40 players, which will give you 3 rounds to play if you go to the final. Make it 4 rounds and you need 80 players. I doubt we have that many.

A 3 v 3 is more feasable. 3 rounds will need 24, 4 being 48. But this is not without problems again. For a start if you don't ever play the twisted treeline you're not gona like the 3 v 3 done there, and a 3 v 3 on summoners rift will be unusual. Not to mention if you want any sort of fairness you're gona need to have teams randomized again otherwise there are gona be players who do not want to be left out of the normal team of players they play with, or have a team full of shits.

Either way, the 1 v 1's are usually the best out of 3, and if you get counter picked twice then you were unlucky. The other guy has the same possibility of being counter picked as well. But I'm not sure why this is even a problem as if you're playing solo mid, first to kill or take tower, you should pick your choice based on that...

harro
7 Apr 2013, 12:41pm
A 5 v 5 will need at least 40 players, which will give you 3 rounds to play if you go to the final. Make it 4 rounds and you need 80 players. I doubt we have that many.

A 3 v 3 is more feasable. 3 rounds will need 24, 4 being 48. But this is not without problems again. For a start if you don't ever play the twisted treeline you're not gona like the 3 v 3 done there, and a 3 v 3 on summoners rift will be unusual. Not to mention if you want any sort of fairness you're gona need to have teams randomized again otherwise there are gona be players who do not want to be left out of the normal team of players they play with, or have a team full of shits.

Either way, the 1 v 1's are usually the best out of 3, and if you get counter picked twice then you were unlucky. The other guy has the same possibility of being counter picked as well. But I'm not sure why this is even a problem as if you're playing solo mid, first to kill or take tower, you should pick your choice based on that...

3v3 on proving grounds map, 1v1 is way less fair because it's pretty much 90% who counterpicks who (And that's pretty much all luck if you're playing blind pick). You have more leeway with that if it's 3 versus 3 instead (or maybe even 2 versus 2). League is a team game and not that there's nothing wrong with 1v1 tournaments, but having only 1v1 tournaments within SG is like having a 1v1 CS:S tournament over and over again which is kind of dumb.

Xoddox
7 Apr 2013, 12:55pm
3v3 on proving grounds map, 1v1 is way less fair because it's pretty much 90% who counterpicks who. You have more leeway with that if it's 3 versus 3 instead (or maybe even 2 versus 2)

2v2 sounds better then a 3v3. but yea a 1v1 is all about the counter pick and it being 1st kill 1st tower makes it even worse when being counter picked. id pref 3v3 but 2v2 sounds good.

BoM
7 Apr 2013, 01:28pm

I mean maybe I've the odd one out here, but I don't play 1v1.....EVER.

I've been playing this game for a year & have over 3k games played and I've 1v1ed maybe 3 times and they were all for the purpose of testing a champion with a friend.

Point being, I think its silly to do a tournament of something that people rarely do in the game nor can logically practice for.

ScubaToaster
7 Apr 2013, 02:04pm
We should play do ARAMs to practice. huehuehue

Bob Loblaw
7 Apr 2013, 02:04pm
@Harro dawg we've played like 5 games. (Maybe)

But yeah, I was thinking if we did 1v1s, there needs to be strict rules. Like a pre-defined role, and has to be a traditional pick. Otherwise picking 95% of the champions will be instant loss, and it will turn into Zed vs Xin in every game or some shit.

Also I think 2v2s or 3v3s would be dece. On summoners rift either way.

jeN
7 Apr 2013, 02:09pm
2v2 or 3v3 aram or just on proving grounds would be the best way to go IMO.

Bob Loblaw
7 Apr 2013, 02:14pm
Aram doesn't really test skill. Id just rather do straight up 2v2 (likely 1 top 1 mid-unless someone wants to risk adc and making it to lategame lol).

ScubaToaster
7 Apr 2013, 02:24pm
2 support game, utility your way to victory.

Aznhobo
7 Apr 2013, 03:35pm
Yea until you realize late game you do no damage and get steam rolled lol. Although that depends on which support champ you pick since Thresh can go AD and Sona can go AP for example.

Spartan
7 Apr 2013, 04:05pm
Just gona point out that you 1 v 1 every game you go top or mid, at least for most games early on.

People don't often play 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 as well, but it's the same as having 2 people in a lane or playing the twisted treeline.

Too many people are saying 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 is fine. I'm not gona make the decision so I'll add a poll.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52625-pick-what-you-want-lol-tournament.html

BoM
7 Apr 2013, 04:34pm
Just gona point out that you 1 v 1 every game you go top or mid, at least for most games early on

-jungle
-mid roam top
-dragon plays

Its not the same, moving on.

People don't often play 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 as well, but it's the same as having 2 people in a lane or playing the twisted treeline.

Everyone should keep in mind that 3v3 twisted treeline is designed differently, the "META" is different, and there's a different set of "OP" champions.
As for 2v2 it won't be like playing a 2v2 lane because the only time that happens is bot and if you go support/adc in a 2v2.....lol good luck.

Too many people are saying 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 is fine. I'm not gona make the decision so I'll add a poll.

Everyone should keep in mind that [assuming we can't get enough for 5v5] 3v3 is the next best option as it is not some kind of gimped tournament. 2v2 sounds okay....sorta cool, but again would be on the ARAM map more than likely and a lot of people are opposed to that map (or so it seems).

Paralyzed
12 Apr 2013, 08:22am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-suggestions/52625-pick-what-you-want-lol-tournament.html#post660020

Accepted.