PDA

View Full Version : A way to stop RDMing on TTT (Mutual Destruction)

neunari
29 Mar 2013, 11:11am
The solution is quite simple, make killing innocents more detrimental than it's worth. Therefore people will have to make a critical judgement everytime they decide to kill somebody. My way of implementing this is probably a mutual penalty system. If a person happens to kill a traitor then he/she gets points and nothing further happens, if however the person they kill happens to be an innocent then a penalty will occur whether it be auto-slay or damage. Traitors can freely kill without worrying about penalty. With this system innocent people will no longer find themselves in the cross-hairs of RDM witch hunting and RDMing will be more trouble than it's worth for people looking to troll.

Lupin
29 Mar 2013, 11:30am
I think most people who RDM on TTT don't care about consequences.

Caution
29 Mar 2013, 11:48am
Not every innocent vs. innocent kill is an RDM...people do some dumb shit that makes look super guilty.

Pet Rock
29 Mar 2013, 01:35pm
Not every innocent vs. innocent kill is an RDM...people do some dumb shit that makes look super guilty.

or even sometimes crossfire from idiots walking into the middle of line of sight while taking down a T

Skyrocket
29 Mar 2013, 01:46pm
Another problem is that a good traitor tactic is to make the people THINK you had a reason to kill, when you didn't. It'll be obvious you're traitor when you do that, since you won't take dmg or get slayed

harro
29 Mar 2013, 02:00pm
This is dumb. Trolls will just bait you into killing them so you kill yourself for big luls.

ExRev
29 Mar 2013, 02:37pm
A way to stop RDMing:

Call an admin.

neunari
29 Mar 2013, 05:25pm
Okay so I've looked at the responses in this thread and most of them seem to be missing the point. The fact that there will always be trolls out to ruin the fun is something I already know and have come to terms with, but I'm pretty sure there's only so much RDMing they can and will be willing to do with a system that actively kills them and makes them wait an entire round 1 victim at a time. Stating blanketly that this won't effect their morale is pretty silly. Nobody wants to sit out and do nothing for entire rounds, not even trolls, the constant uninterrupted activity of trolling is what keeps them around.

And yes, this will effect gullible and or clueless innocents, consider it avoidable by skill.

Another problem is that a good traitor tactic is to make the people THINK you had a reason to kill, when you didn't. It'll be obvious you're traitor when you do that, since you won't take dmg or get slayed

Or people could just think you're an innocent whom just happened to make the right call and kill a traitor.

"My way of implementing this is probably a mutual penalty system. If a person happens to kill a traitor then he/she gets points and nothing further happens, if however the person they kill happens to be an innocent then a penalty will occur whether it be auto-slay or damage"

Crazy Swede
29 Mar 2013, 05:26pm
A way to stop RDMing:

Call an admin.

Except ExRev, he will help the RDM:er to RDM YOU :sadtrollsm: (At least that's what he does to me :[ )

Crazy Swede
29 Mar 2013, 05:39pm
Okay so I've looked at the responses in this thread and most of them seem to be missing the point. The fact that there will always be trolls out to ruin the fun is something I already know and have come to terms with, but I'm pretty sure there's only so much RDMing they can and will be willing to do with a system that actively kills them and makes them wait an entire round 1 victim at a time. Stating blanketly that this won't effect their morale is pretty silly. Nobody wants to sit out and do nothing for entire rounds, not even trolls, the constant uninterrupted activity of trolling is what keeps them around.

And yes, this will effect gullible and or clueless innocents, consider it avoidable by skill.

Or people could just think you're an innocent whom just happened to make the right call and kill a traitor.

"My way of implementing this is probably a mutual penalty system. If a person happens to kill a traitor then he/she gets points and nothing further happens, if however the person they kill happens to be an innocent then a penalty will occur whether it be auto-slay or damage"

Punishments should always be by admin discretion. Because every scenario is different. When an innocent gets killed by another innocent, a thousand of different things could have happened. For example, he could have picked up a knife from a killed T, then perhaps pulled it out in front of another inno, which would have caused him to panic and kill him. I mean, who wouldn't kill somebody who pulled out a knife in front of you on TTT?

It could have as well been a trolling detective who called KOS on an innocent player, and then it appears that the player was inno after all.

I could sit here all day, typing out stuff, where you should not be punished for killing an innocent player. And this is why we have server admins. People with brains, who can evaluate the situation in this specific scenario, and from THERE choose the course of action. This is why automatic punishments, like this one, is a bad idea. We appreciate that you're trying to keep RDM:ers free from our server, we really do. But this is not the way to go. Next time somebody RDM:s, just call for an admin or submit a player complaint, and we will take over from there.

I will go ahead and reject this, because this is obviously not going to work. If any CE+ wants to override it, fine. But I have a hard time seeing this happening.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Rejected.

XeNo
29 Mar 2013, 11:10pm
Okay so I've looked at the responses in this thread and most of them seem to be missing the point.

You missed Skyrockets entire point. Even though this is already rejected I want to explain this to you:

Implementing something that punishes you in some way for innocent killing innocent means that when Traitors kill an innocent it's entirely obvious they are a traitor when nothing bad happens to them. One of a Traitor's tactics is to make up bullshit excuses to kill an innocent in front of people, such as "OMG THEY HAVE A KNIFE!" or something along those lines. Implementing something like this would make it painfully obvious who traitors are when they take no damage, making Traitor's jobs harder than the stacked odds they are already against.

neunari
31 Mar 2013, 03:40pm
You missed mine, traitors will still be able to act under the guise of innocents killing traitors, since nothing happens to innocents when they kill traitors under this system

Pet Rock
31 Mar 2013, 04:01pm
You missed mine, traitors will still be able to act under the guise of innocents killing traitors, since nothing happens to innocents when they kill traitors under this system

BUT after the body is IDed, everyone will know your traitor because you took no damage.. bad idea is bad plus i see retards doing this if this happens to get "proven" they will kill an innocent person for no reason and say ya I am proven I took damage from this guys death

Crazy Swede
1 Apr 2013, 06:07am
Now everyone is just repeating themselves, plus it is rejected.
Locking this thread now.