PDA

View Full Version : permanent 16000$ on minigames

Strawberry
22 Mar 2013, 01:21pm
not completly shure where to post this suggestion but anyways, earlier today i was in a server that had 16000$ permanent in the beginning of each round.

and it strafed me that it would be awesome to have it here as well.
i mean on certain maps you buy weapons, and they get removed -> later on you'll get low cash and then you have to use crapweapons....

please post you'r opinion why/why not :D

Pan32
22 Mar 2013, 01:31pm
Just go to spec and go back to the team? Insta 16k

SexualHarassmentPanda
22 Mar 2013, 01:32pm
i mean on certain maps you buy weapons, and they get removed -> later on you'll get low cash and then you have to use crapweapons....

Quickly spectate and rejoin your team. Problem solved.

sebak
22 Mar 2013, 01:37pm
Quickly spectate and rejoin your team. Problem solved.

or just spend a few mins changing the server settings ...?

was about to suggest this myself.

on maps like smee half the time i forget to do that and only end up with enough money for kevlar and a deagle. Not everyone knows the spectate thing, and im sure a lot of people are like me forgetting to do that when they have no money. obv not a big deal, but you have ze setup that every round you get around +8000$ which is enough. so someone knows how to edit it at least.

SexualHarassmentPanda
22 Mar 2013, 02:18pm
or just spend a few mins changing the server settings ...?

Because personally I like to play with the money I'm dealt with on Smee, it forces me to rush people and then pick up and use different weapons when I'm down on kills, and I know quite a few others who also enjoy playing like that (or call spectating and rejoining "cheating"), though it's not really that big of a deal one way or another.

A decent compromise would be having a chat plugin instead, ie !money for 16k, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority would simply prefer to have auto-16k.

themuffinman
22 Mar 2013, 03:00pm
solution: get more skills, kill more people, never run low on cash.

Skyrocket
22 Mar 2013, 03:01pm
solution: get more skills, kill more people, never run low on cash.

Problem: People who don't know the spec-rejoin, and play on whaledefence

Pyro
22 Mar 2013, 04:53pm
Pretty much what panda and muffin said, I enjoy the challenge of needing to do decent in order to have good guns.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII from hickville.

Skyrocket
22 Mar 2013, 04:55pm
Pretty much what panda and muffin said, I enjoy the challenge of needing to do decent in order to have good guns.

what is this "doing decent" you keep talking about
aren't you supposed to jump out the window with a shotgun every time on smee tower?

Kratos
22 Mar 2013, 05:32pm
aren't you supposed to jump out the window with a shotgun every time on smee tower?

You just went full retard, you don't go full retard. He mean actually try and kill people and not bhop around with a thumb up your ass.

Skyrocket
22 Mar 2013, 05:38pm
You just went full retard, you don't go full retard. He mean actually try and kill people and not bhop around with a thumb up your ass.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6iv087Qqv1qbaj4uo1_500.png

Neptune
22 Mar 2013, 08:10pm
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6iv087Qqv1qbaj4uo1_500.png

Why is it that every post you seem to make is a "joke". Take something seriously for once.

Skyrocket
22 Mar 2013, 08:19pm
Why is it that every post you seem to make is a "joke". Take something seriously for once.

Alright.

Problem: People who don't know the spec-rejoin, and play on whaledefence

The problem is:
if we make it a plugin that you have to type, people won't know about it (since apparently paul doesn't like commands that take up text space) and it won't be any different from joining spec and then back to your team
if we make it an auto-plugin, some people will get upset that they aren't rewarded for kills/playing well
if we don't include it, people will get upset that they run out of money

happy? next time pls don't bitch at me and instead bitch at others who make even more useless posts than i do

Castiel
23 Mar 2013, 04:17am
Slight possible change on the whole idea of !money, make an option where people can toggle on/off being given 16k every round. Solves the problem both ways, really. Want your money? Turn it on. Want to kill people for shit? Leave it off.

Vy
23 Mar 2013, 05:53am

You still can. You don't need to use the 16k :p

It's a simple suggestion. Wouldn't make the server lag or anything, and in my opinion would be pretty neat :) Not sure why it shouldn't be added.

Oh and feel free to count my vote as yes, instead of "I can't read " :p

floffypus
23 Mar 2013, 06:09am
Adding a plugin when its just to og spec is stupid.. So No.

Vy
23 Mar 2013, 06:18am
Adding a plugin when its just to og spec is stupid.. So No.

How is it stupid? It removes the log in to spec and back in your team.

It's just neat. Nothing more. It obviously isn't meant to influence the game in a major way, it's just something you do instead of logging in spectator and then back to t/ct...

floffypus
23 Mar 2013, 07:29am
How is it stupid? It removes the log in to spec and back in your team.

It's just neat. Nothing more. It obviously isn't meant to influence the game in a major way, it's just something you do instead of logging in spectator and then back to t/ct...

We have few maps where this plugin is usefull, and is only a few seconds faster than joining spec. But by all means, if this plugin makes such a big difference add it..

sebak
23 Mar 2013, 09:26am
Alright.

The problem is:
if we make it a plugin that you have to type, people won't know about it (since apparently paul doesn't like commands that take up text space) a

type in goat in mg

themuffinman
24 Mar 2013, 10:30am

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa429/jekkala1/u_mad.gif

Paralyzed
26 Mar 2013, 08:23pm
While I know you all love laziness, there really is no need for such plugin like this. It might be useful because you don't have to go all the way to pressing M and having to click spectate then having to press M again to join a team, which probably requires less than 3 seconds to do... but...

I just don't see the need to waste someones time in coding this, just purely because some people are too lazy to do it manually. Unless you code it yourself, then it might be reconsidered. :amuse:

Vy
27 Mar 2013, 03:07am
mp_startmoney 16000

Because this is fucking hard to do...

Pan32
27 Mar 2013, 05:10am

Because thats what the server already has, or you wouldnt start the game with 16k. Reading what cvars do before writing those comments usually helps

Paralyzed
27 Mar 2013, 05:35am

Nauzhror, you literally have NO idea what you're talking about. Read through things first before getting all rude. Wouldn't be the first time, where you make a comment like this and all I can do is facepalm.

Because thats what the server already has, or you wouldnt start the game with 16k. Reading what cvars do before writing those comments usually helps

:amen: