PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Idea

Italian Jew
18 Mar 2013, 12:28am
I think we should bring back HG's for the glory of ZombieMurder!

SilentGuns
18 Mar 2013, 12:35am
We have already had several discussions on this topic. If you post a solid argument within 24 hours to support this idea then I will not move it to "not accepted" .

Bullet Wound
18 Mar 2013, 01:12am
Well shit, it's Italian Jew.

Italian Jew
18 Mar 2013, 01:33am
1.) Garfield opposed it, so logic dictates it was probably a good thing.

2.) Some people would get offended by an "Oldfag" title.

3.) Irish, the Account Admin, does not look good in purple.

4.) A promotion title for people who don't want to admin the servers or pay for it.

5.) Doctor's say it increases your e-penis. I say that effect should be free, not dictated by donations.

6.) The only way you could "troll" and get away with it without having the ability to remove your own ban.

7.) I was promised a magical telepathic ability to detect The Fail in the Escape server with it. I never got it and I demand satisfaction.

8.) It was "OSSIM!"

Well shit, it's Italian Jew.

It worked!

XeNo
18 Mar 2013, 01:55am

4.) A promotion title for people who don't want to admin the servers or pay for it.

5.) Doctor's say it increases your e-penis. I say that effect should be free, not dictated by donations.

6.) The only way you could "troll" and get away with it without having the ability to remove your own ban.

7.) I was promised a magical telepathic ability to detect The Fail in the Escape server with it. I never got it and I demand satisfaction.

8.) It was "OSSIM!"

It worked!
I support any and all arguments made by this individual no matter where it is posted.

Crazy Swede
18 Mar 2013, 02:03am
I support it if they give us CE's pink rank color instead!

no but seriously, lets not

Frostbyte
18 Mar 2013, 02:53am
If people get butthurt that some people are running around as honorable gamers, good, it's kind of the point. Do it.

Jaffa
18 Mar 2013, 02:57am
Requirements of at least 4 years, and we actually know who the person is.

HG was ruined by post spamming kids

Tweezy
18 Mar 2013, 06:03am
To be honest I wouldn't mind a rank back like this, but maybe a different title and a lot more requirements. If it is to come back it needs to be different otherwise I guarantee it will be removed again.

BlackWhite
18 Mar 2013, 06:09am
Higher requirement of HG maybe, such as the member mush be well known and/or the players can vote for it

Nasu
18 Mar 2013, 06:29am
Only for before who joined while it was still here for maximun newfag jimmy rustling.

SilentGuns
18 Mar 2013, 07:03am

8.) It was "OSSIM!"

It worked!

Fair enough . However these should be the ways to get Hon .

1) At least 200 dollars donated.
2) Have been SA previously for more than 2 years
3) Awarded by the Board of Directors for outstanding contribution to the community .

tl: dr Actually have to contribute to the community.

Inb4 everyones dreams crushed by AO+

Itch
18 Mar 2013, 09:31am
The problem with the HG title was that there were very few of us that held that title that were actually "Honorable" which very much defeated the point.

I'd be fine with HG coming back as long as it wasn't just for time/post count like it used to be. It needs to be reflective of the type of community member, not the time they've been here or how many spam posts they have.

Banana Joe
18 Mar 2013, 09:41am
2+ years and 750+ posts if brought back? Would remove most of the post-spamming kids.
But idk, think it was removed not long before I would've gotten it, though I don't really remember the Hons as terrible trolls or such, at least not all of them. Revokable just like the mem/reg tag in admin section if added back?

Edit: Not quite sure how much sense that made after reading it again after I posted.. oh well, fingers crossed.

Frosty
18 Mar 2013, 11:22am
I don't like the post idea, considering some people manage to get 20+ posts a day by posting useless shit in every thread

Caution
18 Mar 2013, 01:08pm
Yooooooo what's up IJ.

I agree with xeno. Anything and everything this man posts I support.

Italian Jew
18 Mar 2013, 02:28pm
Sup

So, I finally got bored enough to come back to SG and I figured I'd try an HG revival out of left field. It's really been my plan all along to bring back the purple.

There shouldn't be criteria involving money donated or years of service related to being an admin. There are already admin promotion ranks and it shouldn't be a glorified or "Super" supporter position. It should be up to the CE's or above to dish it out based on length of participation and actual worth to the community. I don't think any criteria should consist of definite numbers of posts or dollars, just that those deciding have a ballpark idea as to what is considered an HG.

Besides, if we have posts or dollars deciding the rank, you'll just get the inevitable bitching about how so and so have gotten the requirements done and are mad that they aren't HG yet. If the criteria is being a valued member of the community rather than posts/money, members' goals are not going to be to post/donate to be HG. Its sort of a reward, not an application like you would fill out with being an admin or member.

Zaraki
18 Mar 2013, 03:04pm
Idea for HG Requirements:

-Make it a rank that can be achieved without having to pay for it.
-3 years in SteamGamers.
-2,000+ posts (cannot be achieved in a month.. inb4 "Challenge Accepted").
-Ingame minimum 100 hours of gameplay on Steamgamers servers (if you can check this.. maybe trough store idk). <<--- Not sure..
-Free for Italian Jew.

Don't make it SA+.. You guys get all the good stuff :(

Frosty
18 Mar 2013, 03:07pm
Idea for HG Requirements:

-Make it a rank that can be achieved without having to pay for it.
-3 years in SteamGamers.
-2,000+ posts (cannot be achieved in a month.. inb4 "Challenge Accepted").
-Ingame minimum 100 hours of gameplay on Steamgamers servers (if you can check this.. maybe trough store idk). <<--- Not sure..
-Free for Italian Jew.

Don't make it SA+.. You guys get all the good stuff :(

You can check hours in the stats section for the servers (tells you time in days) but not every server is listed

and did you just list the requirements you already passed? lol

Repus
18 Mar 2013, 03:10pm
If the criteria is being a valued member of the community rather than posts/money,

So you are saying you are value to community by staying far away from us?

I have a feeling this is not the first time you come up with this "idea". You just want some regognition for registering on the forums long time ago, why? why do you want to impress newer guys?

Zaraki
18 Mar 2013, 03:10pm
You can check hours in the stats section for the servers (tells you time in days) but not every server is listed

and did you just list the requirements you already passed? lol

Then make it:

-Free
-5 years in SG
-4,000 posts
-10 total days of gameplay
-Free for Italian Jew

SA+ can't have the rank.

DEAL R' NO DEAL?

Italian Jew
18 Mar 2013, 03:14pm
So you are saying you are value to community by staying far away from us?

I have a feeling this is not the first time you come up with this "idea". You just want some regognition for registering on the forums long time ago, why? why do you want to impress newer guys?

I'm sorry I didn't leave a note for you.

If it makes you feel better, I request not to be added as an HG based on my leave of absence if we do re-implement the title.

Repus
18 Mar 2013, 03:16pm
I'm sorry I didn't leave a note for you.

If it makes you feel better, I request not to be added as an HG based on my leave of absence if we do re-implement the title.

Don't get upset, I'm just kidding.

I just can't see why would we have this rank.

Neptune
18 Mar 2013, 03:30pm
You remind me of someone
Now I'm not gonna name names here
But you would be able to narrow it down

I think I know who you're talking about.

Fishey
18 Mar 2013, 03:31pm

Who?

SexualHarassmentPanda
18 Mar 2013, 03:46pm

Yeah, it rings it bell.

Repus
18 Mar 2013, 03:52pm
Can we just start banning people who follow comment about useless posts? with said useless posts. like we saw few here.

I can see your gonna be like Mencia someday.

Paralyzed
18 Mar 2013, 03:58pm
Post count shouldn't even be considered as a requirement to be honorable, constructive posts maybe... but there's no way to really tell whether a post is constructive or not.

Sleggie
18 Mar 2013, 04:07pm
I believe the last person that had that rank got it due to their outstanding effort put into this community. And it should only be given for that, it should be the only requirement. Years and stuff like that don't mean a lot.

Zaraki
18 Mar 2013, 05:27pm
Why don't we just make a poll every 2 weeks and elect somebody that deserves the title. And so on..
Make people vote for it!

The only requirement is Reg+ and if you look at it this way, you would only have 26 people in a year who get the title..
That's almost nobody considering the amount we had last time.

I believe this is Bullet Wound's speciality (making competition threads).

EDIT: Let people say one name and a good reason in the thread. The only way to make a legit vote

Caution
18 Mar 2013, 05:50pm
Or we could have set standards, but the final decision is left to AO+, that way not as many dumb asses get through.

Sleggie
18 Mar 2013, 06:29pm
Or we could have set standards, but the final decision is left to AO+, that way not as many dumb asses get through.

Yeah, that's better.

Tyler
19 Mar 2013, 07:05am
Having standards or helping towards the community would be the only way I would see HG even remotely working again. Having a poll and letting the community choose would just make it a popularity contest and wouldn't exactly be "honorable".

Paralyzed
19 Mar 2013, 07:45am
Having standards or helping towards the community would be the only way I would see HG even remotely working again. Having a poll and letting the community choose would just make it a popularity contest and wouldn't exactly be "honorable".

What this wise man said.

floffypus
19 Mar 2013, 10:31am
I remember being a HG, if i remember correctly it was 500+ posts that was required.

- 1k posts
- 2-3 years in the cmmunity
- 100 hours on our servers
- and being chosen by higher ups

Not everyone is so active on the forum but are well known by a lot of people so 2k+ posts my be a little too much to require in my opinion.

But im all for bringing it back!

BlackWhite
19 Mar 2013, 11:22am
Or the honorable title should given for those who ACTUALLY done and contribute something for the Steamgamer, and well known by the players/admins/AO+
Regardless of his/her post count, playing time and/or how many years in community.

Why not make it special O_o?

Neptune
19 Mar 2013, 01:35pm
Why not make it a ribbon?

Zaraki
19 Mar 2013, 03:08pm
Hmmmm just make the min reqs and if the person can apply for the title, let the CA's decide if the player deserves it or not in the end.

HZK
19 Mar 2013, 03:15pm
Hmmmm just make the min reqs and if the person can apply for the title, let the CA's decide if the player deserves it or not in the end.

Best system for the HG title that has been suggested, IMO.

Sleggie
19 Mar 2013, 04:18pm

I totally agree.

BlackWhite
19 Mar 2013, 04:59pm
setting both poll for higher up and players then?

Wertles
19 Mar 2013, 05:46pm
Something like helping out the servers would be honorable in my opinion.

Things like:

-Helping test out maps
-Helping test out servers
-Add/remove maps
-Player complaints
-Suggestions to help the community

Things like post count, time here in SG, and even hours played on the server don't really define someone who is honorable to the community. It just means that they post a shit ton of unneeded posts (usually), they joined a long time ago (which has nothing to do with helping the community) and that they play a lot on our servers (a small requirement would be okay, but not some ridiculous amount of time because it really should be quality hours, not quantity). And money....really shouldn't play a factor in who's honorable because there are lots of other ways to help, but because they didn't donate a few dollars they aren't allowed to have the opportunity to have the title is a little backwards in my mind.

And something like CE+ should nominate players who they think were honorable each month to see who can get the title.

XeNo
19 Mar 2013, 07:17pm
Why not make it a ribbon?
It's not as cool.

Neptune
19 Mar 2013, 08:00pm
It's not as cool.

Whole point in making it a ribbon, It kinda seems silly making it a title and we do have that ribbon "Outstanding Member" for being AO+

Prez
20 Mar 2013, 01:16pm
I'll throw my opinion in here and say that I agree with what Tyler said.

I wouldn't personally see this being handed out to many people, and for good reason. It should be warranted for doing good things to improving the welfare and status of SteamGamers, of which not a lot of people can truly be noted for.

Turtlefiish
20 Mar 2013, 04:06pm
I'll throw my opinion in here and say that I agree with what Tyler said.

I wouldn't personally see this being handed out to many people, and for good reason. It should be warranted for doing good things to improving the welfare and status of SteamGamers, of which not a lot of people can truly be noted for.

Gotta agree with Tyler there.

I also don't think that it should require activity, I can think of a few people who deserve HG for what they've done in the past even if they don't come online much (or at all) anymore.

Paralyzed
26 Mar 2013, 08:57pm
We've had this discussion before as already stated earlier in one of the posts and the idea of bringing back HG was rejected in the past, and will be rejected again. The rank itself is pointless, and there really is no need to boost people's e-peen by giving them such rank.

Italian Jew
26 Mar 2013, 10:30pm
We've had this discussion before as already stated earlier in one of the posts and the idea of bringing back HG was rejected in the past, and will be rejected again.

So what will it take to get it back and not the dreaded "We have discussed this before" response?

The rank itself is pointless, and there really is no need to boost people's e-peen by giving them such rank.

Let's not get into pointless ranks and boosting e-peens with ranks.

Paralyzed
27 Mar 2013, 05:42am
So what will it take to get it back and not the dreaded "We have discussed this before" response?

Let's not get into pointless ranks and boosting e-peens with ranks.

If it helps, I talked to Spartan before rejecting this. That what I summed up is pretty much spartan's response to me and I felt the same way. I'm just not gonna give you guys false hope, while the person that actually would have to make it happen doesn't support the idea at all.

Unless there were any good arguments as to why we should have HG back, which I haven't seen anywhere yet other than giving long time members the rank because they have been here for so long.

No one bothered bringing back HG before you returned, so I don't see a reason why we suddenly should.

Italian Jew
27 Mar 2013, 08:21pm
No one bothered bringing back HG before you returned, so I don't see a reason why we suddenly should.

Was trying to see how much support people had for the idea. I guess it was not enough with the right people.

Worth a shot.