PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest problem ever =.=

Tamahome
11 Mar 2013, 11:10am
My new PSU is out for delivery right now and I'm trying to remove my old one from my computer. Just one problem: the screws are stuck. No matter what I do, they just won't budge. FUCK! :rage:

Anybody happen to know how to remove a stuck screw?

Skyrocket
11 Mar 2013, 12:08pm
They might have stripped when being installed, did you build your computer or was it pre-built?
I can only really suggest, if it's one of those screws that have the hexagonal (Or octagonal, i forget exactly which one it is) sides, get a socket wrench and force them out if they ARE stripped.

Phonicz
11 Mar 2013, 12:23pm
screwdriver, hammer voila. or even if its stripped just need to apply more pressure. or you could go the plier route and twist it

Labarr
11 Mar 2013, 12:29pm
Im guessing it is stripped.. If I were you i would take a drill and a drill bit (about the size of the screw.. maybe a tad smaller) and drill it out. I always do this when i got a stripped screw

Shadowex3
11 Mar 2013, 06:39pm
If the screw's hole was stripped then it would spin uselessly. When it won't turn at all it's jammed, either they loctited/glued it in place, it's rusted, or the fucker was just ridiculously over-torqued. In any situation try the hammer trick with a light strike, or try using greater force more gently (put your weight onto it slowly).

Dirk
11 Mar 2013, 06:44pm
time to break out the pneumatic impact wrench :P that is odd though. Those screws really arent normaly hard to remove.