PDA

View Full Version : FatMongooseII's Boot/Restart Issues

FatMongooseII
9 Mar 2013, 09:39am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Boot/Restart Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Hewlett-Packard What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
p6-2037c Please state your problem here
The two instances I've seen this problem occur on my computer, is when I first start it, or when it automatically goes to sleep. So, the problem is, my desktop messes up a little, it's hard to explain. You can move your mouse cursor to the right and it will disappear, like there's a space there. Well it's like my desktop shifts to that space and all my desktop shortcuts are gone, even my toolbar thing at the bottom is gone, too. How can this be fixed or prevented?

Mr. Moop
21 Mar 2013, 03:23pm
Let's try to check out video drivers.
how to see my graphic drivers? - Windows 7 Help Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/6335-how-see-my-graphic-drivers.html)
How long has this been happening?
Did you get a new monitor, and has this been happening on it only?
If so, then it could be the onboard graphics and/or the gpu that doesn't support that certain resolution. If the resolution isn't supported by that gpu, then you'll get distortion and odd movings of the screen.

Shadowex3
21 Mar 2013, 10:13pm
Let's try to check out video drivers.
how to see my graphic drivers? - Windows 7 Help Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/6335-how-see-my-graphic-drivers.html)
How long has this been happening?
Did you get a new monitor, and has this been happening on it only?
If so, then it could be the onboard graphics and/or the gpu that doesn't support that certain resolution. If the resolution isn't supported by that gpu, then you'll get distortion and odd movings of the screen.

GPUs have been capable of supporting virtually any resolution/refresh combo you can get for over a decade, it's almost always going to be the MONITOR that can't run at a particular resolution and/or refresh rate. But even then you don't get software artifacts, your screen simply says "Out of range" or an even more obvious and explicit error message. It either works, or it doesn't.

Labarr
22 Mar 2013, 01:03am
GPUs have been capable of supporting virtually any resolution/refresh combo you can get for over a decade, it's almost always going to be the MONITOR that can't run at a particular resolution and/or refresh rate. But even then you don't get software artifacts, your screen simply says "Out of range" or an even more obvious and explicit error message. It either works, or it doesn't.

My 4 year old HP PC my parents use cant support 1440x900( as well as others)... I found these really strange..

What resolution you using?
What video card do you have?

Shadowex3
23 Mar 2013, 05:02am
That's... really wierd and sounds like a problem with some kind of weaksauce onboard video chip because my voodoo 3 could support modern resolutions.

FatMongooseII
23 Mar 2013, 08:47am
What resolution you using?
What video card do you have?

1920x1080

I'm using the one that came basic with my computer (gahuheuehueh hes so poor)
I'm getting a new one very soon.

Shadowex3
29 Mar 2013, 09:01pm
Wait till you get the new oen then get back to us. Onboard graphics is all kinds of proprietary wierdness.