PDA

View Full Version : leeroyjenkinsboy's Operating System Errors

leeroyjenkinsboy
8 Mar 2013, 11:35am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Operating System Errors What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Not Yet Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton 360/Malware Bytes Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Gateway What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Computer Model is: SX2802 Please state your problem here
I am unable to use my computer in a normal bootup, I even tried a clean bootup as directed by windows tech support. This Constantly have to reset winsock - general-discussion - windows-7 (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/64301-63-constantly-reset-winsock) describes the problem I have, minus the fan as the OP there had hardware issues, and resetting winsock no longer fixes mine. Thanks for help in advance.
EDIT: Also if anyone knows, is there a way I can enable Java in safe mode so I can play on the minecraft server while I wait for a fix?

Pan32
9 Mar 2013, 02:45am
Let me see if I got this: your pc takes a long rime to boot and then responds chocking...
Try msconfig and reduce the bootup programs and run a full virus scan (like if norton could catch shit :/). On a worse case possible I would say some system32 file got corrupted or your bios got corrupted

leeroyjenkinsboy
9 Mar 2013, 09:39am
Let me see if I got this: your pc takes a long rime to boot and then responds chocking...
Try msconfig and reduce the bootup programs and run a full virus scan (like if norton could catch shit :/). On a worse case possible I would say some system32 file got corrupted or your bios got corrupted

I have tried all those things, my systems completely cleaned of virus's, I tried system restore, had no bootup programs at one point. From what microsoft tech support said(hurr buy our premium service its only $99) and from testing all those and reading online, it seems like corrupted files as you said. I am most likely buying a computer by next weekend and I will reinstall windows 7 on this computer for the rest of my family to use. Thanks!

leeroyjenkinsboy
9 Mar 2013, 08:42pm
Reinstalling Windows 7 fixed it, thread can be marked as such.