PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] Mg_Slender_Wolf_V1

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 01:44pm
I'm making a map based on the original slender game. Posting screen shots soon. Feedback, suggestions

omarfire00
5 Mar 2013, 01:52pm
Do you have a slender model to start with? Also add more creativity to the map - look, challenges, objective and so on.

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 02:10pm
Yes I do have one. Il do that thanks

Skyrocket
5 Mar 2013, 02:13pm
I'm going to say this much

If you make it reasonably close to the actual slender game, it's going to require a WHOLE LOT of work, and will require outside code in Sourcemod, which will not be easy to code, find, or purchase.
Also, considering how extremely sloppy wolf's course is, you are getting WAY ahead of yourself
I think you should slow down, take a step back, and work on making much more simple maps before moving onto big projects like this

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 02:21pm
It's not that complicated , il already know how to do it. But thanks. I don't like to take steps back, always forward. I have been mapping mini maps to get some practice and I have improved. Don't spect a bad map cause i will work hard on it. Ps: of course it won't be the exact game in CSS, it will be similar to the game

Skyrocket
5 Mar 2013, 02:46pm
It's not that complicated , il already know how to do it. But thanks. I don't like to take steps back, always forward

Okay, if it's not that complicated, exactly WHAT do you need to do in order to make it so that when you look at something, it causes a trigger?

I'm not saying take a step back, I'm saying don't take a giant fucking leap forward. You are in /WAY/ over your head.

Look at Kippe's maps. He made /TWO MAPS/ before kippes course, and it's still an ugly mess, and you think you have what it takes, after one failure, to make a map as complicated as a slender map
Bear in mind that the main focus of slender is the fact that it's very, VERY atmospheric, the darkness and the thought of being chased alone, with noone to help you, and a force that literally can not be stopped. that's why it's so scary. Putting in 20+ players, and your horrible lighting (Do I need to bring the wolf's course pics out again?) makes me say that this is not going to turn out well at all.

Take a step forward from wolf's course, but a step back from this. When you understand the tools in SDK better, MAYBE you will be able to do this relatively well, but not now.

floffypus
5 Mar 2013, 05:05pm
I don't know skyrocket. Invisiblemen is a simple and great map and can really make me jump at times. Sure being all alone walking around is a lot more scary but i'm sure if the map works it could be quite scary! Maybe have two or three slenders walking around to make the rounds go a little faster.

If you get some inspiration from invisiblemen i'm sure the map will turne out great as far as it works ;)

And i'm sure we have a lot of talented map makers here that would love to help out.

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 06:19pm
Okay, if it's not that complicated, exactly WHAT do you need to do in order to make it so that when you look at something, it causes a trigger?

I'm not saying take a step back, I'm saying don't take a giant fucking leap forward. You are in /WAY/ over your head.

Look at Kippe's maps. He made /TWO MAPS/ before kippes course, and it's still an ugly mess, and you think you have what it takes, after one failure, to make a map as complicated as a slender map
Bear in mind that the main focus of slender is the fact that it's very, VERY atmospheric, the darkness and the thought of being chased alone, with noone to help you, and a force that literally can not be stopped. that's why it's so scary. Putting in 20+ players, and your horrible lighting (Do I need to bring the wolf's course pics out again?) makes me say that this is not going to turn out well at all.

Take a step forward from wolf's course, but a step back from this. When you understand the tools in SDK better, MAYBE you will be able to do this relatively well, but not now.
You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.@ Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me

Pet Rock
5 Mar 2013, 07:01pm
You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.@ Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me

sounds like a fun idea :P with enough work it could be pretty cool

Skyrocket
5 Mar 2013, 08:49pm
You are the one bringing that up. And I've tried to make it look better at v6.

Tried and failed. You forgot to make the moving block move far enough towards the player to be able to be reached without a longjump at the end.

Floffy. Hzk and scout were giving me really good tips also luffaren was helping me

So wait, Luffaren, a mapper who makes extremely complex maps was helping you, with what? If he was helping you on the slender idea, then fine, but don't even pretend it's easy.

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 09:19pm
Tried and failed. You forgot to make the moving block move far enough towards the player to be able to be reached without a longjump at the end.

So wait, Luffaren, a mapper who makes extremely complex maps was helping you, with what? If he was helping you on the slender idea, then fine, but don't even pretend it's easy.
That's how the jump is supposed to be , If you can't do it , try again . Stop arguing its getting annoying. I didn't post this thread to get critized about something that is not even done yet, I just needed feed back , recommendations for the new map or Ideas that will help the progress. I recomend you to try and hold that stuff for yourself

Skyrocket
5 Mar 2013, 09:24pm
That's how the jump is supposed to be , If you can't do it , try again . Stop arguing its getting annoying

Last post since you're off steam and are stoopid, that's an awful design for a jump. You don't do a longjump onto a moving platform and then have to continue to strafe around multiple blocks, that's something even alexxt would consider overkill.

WoLF
5 Mar 2013, 09:29pm
Last post since you're off steam and are stoopid, that's an awful design for a jump. You don't do a longjump onto a moving platform and then have to continue to strafe around multiple blocks, that's something even alexxt would consider overkill.

It's not even that hard. People can think it is but I made it like that so people make more enfort for it

Hilner
6 Mar 2013, 05:21am
It's not even that hard. People can think it is but I made it like that so people make more enfort for it

I agree, made it on my first try without really trying too hard. It might be a little difficult for people who cant bhop tho

NaY.
6 Mar 2013, 05:21am

Instead of bashing him on a wip and saying its awful because.. you should instead give suggestions imo.. Because now it seems you are bashing his map

HZK
10 Mar 2013, 05:07am
Tell me on steam if you need help, this seems like a nice and ambitious project

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 05:19am
Yeah thanks hunter. I was gonna but you were offline for 8 days lols. The map is almost done but still need to perfect it

Kippe
10 Mar 2013, 12:42pm
Yeah thanks hunter. I was gonna but you were offline for 8 days lols. The map is almost done but still need to perfect it

lol 5 days

that's way too fast, especially for a map like this.

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 06:13pm
http://i.imgur.com/9Mn5TTq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OcW7rjl.jpg

This is what i have so far. will be posting more soon.

Gremby
10 Mar 2013, 06:28pm
The walls on the edge of the map looks rather odd with this white fog.

Perhaps add some more decoration other than the same tree all over the place? However I have not played the game.

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 06:53pm
The walls on the edge of the map looks rather odd with this white fog.

Perhaps add some more decoration other than the same tree all over the place? However I have not played the game.
Yeah i havent finished the map completly yet, Im gonna post some new screenshots soon.

WriteX
10 Mar 2013, 07:30pm
If possible, add bushes and stuff. I haven't been mapping enough to know wether or not that is possible but I think it is.
Also, this might just be me; but I think mg_slender_wolf sounds quite ridiculous. Makes you think it is some kind of werewolf-slender mix-map. lmao
Just name it mg_slender_man/men depending on how you're going to make it, or something similar. There are multiple other ways to show the players that the map was made by S.T.A.R.S WoLF. :p

Oh, one more thing; I think it looks way too bright. In the real Slender game, you can't see anything but the sky and the top of the trees unless you are using a flashlight. :)

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 07:52pm
If possible, add bushes and stuff. I haven't been mapping enough to know wether or not that is possible but I think it is.
Also, this might just be me; but I think mg_slender_wolf sounds quite ridiculous. Makes you think it is some kind of werewolf-slender mix-map. lmao
Just name it mg_slender_man/men depending on how you're going to make it, or something similar. There are multiple other ways to show the players that the map was made by S.T.A.R.S WoLF. :p

Oh, one more thing; I think it looks way too bright. In the real Slender game, you can't see anything but the sky and the top of the trees unless you are using a flashlight. :)
Yes thanks for the suggestions. i was changing the look of it. 1 sec

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 08:36pm
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884102014464954279/55148E020BE790C648691C769DCF870777E729AB/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884102014464949704/9DB2E9C50BA0B2345E3BB5A860615F24DC296457/

Skyrocket
10 Mar 2013, 10:11pm
I only see one landmark from the game, what about the pillars, the rock, the bathroom, the truck, the tankers...?

WoLF
10 Mar 2013, 10:24pm
I only see one landmark from the game, what about the pillars, the rock, the bathroom, the truck, the tankers...?

Il post screen shots of that tommorow.

ChriizCC
11 Mar 2013, 11:05pm
How many players will the map allow?

WoLF
12 Mar 2013, 04:36am
Max of 47 players,

HZK
26 Apr 2013, 02:52pm
It's good to see that you're alive, now you can get back on track :toung: