PDA

View Full Version : Combat Surf

Phonicz
3 Mar 2013, 10:07am
Best surf. Why must it be gone. Can we please have one just because it is fun too play, and the rounds don't last for the whole map. Plus with rounds constantly restarting less campers like the surf dm server (rounds restarting= them not being able to sit there all day).

Kippe
3 Mar 2013, 10:28am
Yes please. Combat surf has always been the best (out of dm and rpg)

eskomo

Pan32
3 Mar 2013, 11:07am
Yes please. Combat surf has always been the best (out of dm and rpg)

eskomo

I was almost getting ready to kick you from the skillsurf nerd squad.

We have already 2 surf servers with a decent playerbase. I understand the camping point (I support a anticamp plugin), but another surf server aint good idea

Skyrocket
3 Mar 2013, 01:31pm

We have already 2 surf servers with a decent playerbase. I understand the camping point (I support a anticamp plugin), but another surf server aint good idea

Spawncamping is against the rules in DM. And BW and Caution SHOULD BE updating the MOTD to say no spawnkilling at all

Trogdor
3 Mar 2013, 02:02pm
zombie surf

ScubaToaster
3 Mar 2013, 02:04pm
zombie surf

Yes.

Pan32
3 Mar 2013, 02:38pm
Spawncamping is against the rules in DM. And BW and Caution SHOULD BE updating the MOTD to say no spawnkilling at all

I meant camping in general

Phonicz
3 Mar 2013, 03:48pm
Yeah and I do believe combat surf was pretty full when we had it when it had both combat/skill. Server basically stop getting updated so ofcourse it would die.

Carsyy
3 Mar 2013, 07:21pm
Combat > RPG DM

Bullet Wound
4 Mar 2013, 12:34am

Camping is really the only way to kill, short of killing while moving. Sure we could force people to move, but camping jail is really what it's all about lol.

Paralyzed
4 Mar 2013, 05:50am
Three surf servers, why the heck not.... In all seriousness though, I don't think our 'surf' playerbase is big enough to fill all three servers, so we would either have to change the current Surf DM server into combat surf, or leave it this way.

Carsyy
4 Mar 2013, 09:11am
I personally don't play the surf DM server, but I look at it every now and then and it doesn't seem to be filled very much at all. Combat surf I believe would be more popular than DM, and I know of people that do surf on the skill server that would play combat. I vote for change, because change is always best.

Bread
4 Mar 2013, 01:40pm
Having a 3rd surf server wouldn't work out, if anything wait for Surf DM to completely die and maybe we could give combat surf a try. Currently the server doesn't seem to be doing that bad, so I would hold off on it.

Hypnotic
6 Mar 2013, 03:24pm
I want a combat/skill server too, i remember it always having lots of players. Surf DM is just too boring so I don't even play. I wanna play surf_xiv again where you could pick the map, aswell as 10x, buck wild, master exploder and many others. Can't a new surf server be trialed for a few months to see how it goes?

Paralyzed
6 Mar 2013, 04:07pm
Having a 3rd surf server wouldn't work out, if anything wait for Surf DM to completely die and maybe we could give combat surf a try. Currently the server doesn't seem to be doing that bad, so I would hold off on it.
This. For now I'll reject this suggestion, unless you can completely convince me that we pull another 'surf playerbase' besides the two surf servers we already have.

If Surf DM will be losing it's population and will die in the end, we can always try this, but if this dies as well, we should stop trying more surf servers except for Skill Surf.

Bullet Wound
6 Mar 2013, 04:08pm
I want a combat/skill server too, i remember it always having lots of players. Surf DM is just too boring so I don't even play. I wanna play surf_xiv again where you could pick the map, aswell as 10x, buck wild, master exploder and many others. Can't a new surf server be trialed for a few months to see how it goes?

Not really. It's a rather bad idea to host two new, similar but different servers, and have them compete against one another.

Phonicz
6 Mar 2013, 05:27pm
Not really. It's a rather bad idea to host two new, similar but different servers, and have them compete against one another.

Ehh fook yew boolet wewnd