PDA

View Full Version : PAN32's Steam Issues

Pan32
1 Mar 2013, 05:27pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Kaspersky 2012 Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Toshiba What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Sattelite L650-11F Please state your problem here
Basically, after connecting two servers (sg and some others) I stop being able to connect to a new server, giving me "Failed After 4 Retries". The servers appear to me on the list and with normal ping. Note that I already reseted my router and this issue doesnt happen on some servers for some weird reason...

WriteX
1 Mar 2013, 05:42pm
Are the ports that Steam uses open? Have you tried to deactivate your firewall or antivirus/malware? Is Steam.exe and hl2.exe allowed to pass through your firewall?

Steam Client
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound)

Additional Ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer
UDP 1500 (outbound)
UDP 3005 (outbound)
UDP 3101 (outbound)
UDP 28960

Or... well, I honestly don't know, seeing as it randomly happens after you've been connected to a server for a while. :o

ShoieP
1 Mar 2013, 06:10pm
This frequently happens to me, I suspect it to be an issue that involves DNS.

Pan32
1 Mar 2013, 06:15pm
all doors are open already, antivirus definitions never bothered with stean at all

Phonicz
2 Mar 2013, 02:50am
is this where you delete clientregisteryblob oor w/e, maybe

Pan32
2 Mar 2013, 10:07am
is this where you delete clientregisteryblob oor w/e, maybe

Deleted, problem still remains

Phonicz
2 Mar 2013, 11:27am
Deleted, problem still remains

Well like someone said could be antivirus or might just need to log out of steam then log in. Could also just need to verify the cache.

Pan32
2 Mar 2013, 04:36pm
Well like someone said could be antivirus or might just need to log out of steam then log in. Could also just need to verify the cache.

Cache is all verified (or else, the game woundn't boot at all), the antivirus is not restricting and weirdly if I restart my steam and reconnect to my internet, it allows me to connect again (but bugs again after 2 servers)

Shadowex3
5 Mar 2013, 12:28pm
sounds more like your ISP screwing with you.

Pan32
15 Jul 2013, 04:51pm
Asked Bread to move back this topic to the section as it's not solved yet and wouldn't make sense making a new topic again. Took me 3 months to get my ISP to swap my router (happened today) and the problem still remains

Tweezy
16 Jul 2013, 12:24am
It does sound a lot like your ISP is being a bitch. One you could try though (It is quite a big security risk). Put your computer outside the DMZ zone, there should be a setting in your router options. Get back to us with what happened

Pan32
16 Jul 2013, 07:10am
It does sound a lot like your ISP is being a bitch. One you could try though (It is quite a big security risk). Put your computer outside the DMZ zone, there should be a setting in your router options. Get back to us with what happened

Im using a Thomson Technicolor TG784n v3 and I have no idea where the option is...

Tweezy
16 Jul 2013, 10:18am
Im using a Thomson Technicolor TG784n v3 and I have no idea where the option is...

Do you have me added on steam? It'll make it a lot easier. Just so you know, putting your computer in the DMZ can increase the probability of someone attempting to do malicious things to your computer. I would only recommend doing it for a couple of minutes just to see if your router is giving you these issues, if it is then we have a place to start.

General note, I think my understanding of the DMZ is correct, if not then please do quote this posts. I don't want to end up making PAN's situation worse.