PDA

View Full Version : Wertles's Video Issues

Wertles
28 Feb 2013, 02:16pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Video Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
No because i don't know what this is.... Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Malwarebytes the free version Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Toshiba What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Satellite L655 Please state your problem here
My computer recently started going white.

I'll be doing stuff, then all the sudden it will quickly fade to white.

It had been doing it every day since about saturday, and it just did it about 20 minutes ago and is still white, I'm using my VGA cable to my T.V right now.

Is something wrong with my screen?]

It's a laptop.

ShoieP
28 Feb 2013, 03:05pm
Does the laptop monitor itself fade to white or is the TV fading? Have you tried switching VGA cables?

Wertles
28 Feb 2013, 03:45pm
The monitor itself is fading.

It stopped, But it happens everyday so I'd like to know what keeps happening and if I can fix it or not.

Pan32
28 Feb 2013, 03:58pm
Your cable that connects your laptop to its screen is probably malfunctioning... head on to your local pc shop or w/e

Shadowex3
1 Mar 2013, 05:06pm
Slow fade to white regardless of what you're doing sounds like either the monitor or cable dying to me. videocards tend to give crashes and artifacts.

Wertles
2 Mar 2013, 02:41pm
Slow fade to white regardless of what you're doing sounds like either the monitor or cable dying to me. videocards tend to give crashes and artifacts.

So would you recommend seeing if I could repair it or would buying a new computer be better?

This computer still works just fine, this is the only problem I am having with it.

Epsilon
3 Mar 2013, 10:27am
This is what I would recommend, go to your local pc repair shop ask them how much it costs to repair either the monitor or the cable in your laptop

Tweezy
3 Mar 2013, 01:21pm
So would you recommend seeing if I could repair it or would buying a new computer be better?

This computer still works just fine, this is the only problem I am having with it.

If it is the monitor or cable getting a new computer won't fix it. Try buying a cheap cable from Ebay. Are you using VGA, DVI or HDMI?

Epsilon
3 Mar 2013, 02:19pm
If it is the monitor or cable getting a new computer won't fix it. Try buying a cheap cable from Ebay. Are you using VGA, DVI or HDMI?

It is a laptop so replacing said laptop would fix the problem.

From what I understand its the cable in his laptop connecting to the laptop's monitor or the monitor itself which is going bad
Which is why I recommended him going to his local pc repair shop and asking how much it would cost to repair rather than just buying a new computer, as PAN had recommended before I did.

[Unless I misunderstood your post, which could be, I'm not sharpest knife in the crayon box]

He is fine using his cables to connect to an external display, i.e. his TV or another monitor, from what I understand anyway