PDA

View Full Version : TTT mapcycle/maplist

XeNo
22 Feb 2013, 06:57pm
I didn't want to make individual map removal/requests for this, and I imagine Spartan doesn't mind if they're all in one thread.

Maps in Green are usually well-liked and help populate the server. Maps in Red are typically hated and clear out the server slowly/fast. Maps in Gold are recently added/changed and need feedback if possible.

Regulars to the server please respond with your thoughts on these maps and give reasons why they need to be removed. Also please suggest maps to the server, because if we aren't going to customize TTT in any way the maps need to be fixed to make sure TTT is enjoyable.

Overall, we need to lower this maplist way down, we don't need 47 maps, we need about 20 maps that are all really fun to play.

PLEASE PUT THE END-OF-MAP VOTE FOR NEXT MAP BACK ON THE SERVER. NO MORE ROTATION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. - Ignore until someone finds a suitable replacement, sorry Spartan.

This is the current votemap list:
cs_harborbank
cs_homegrown
cs_island_b2
cs_office
de_haunts
de_lost2
de_nightfever
de_outlaws
de_port
de_rimini
de_wellness
de_westwood
de_xmas_hotel
dm_island17
dm_richland_notrap_b5
rp_christmastown
ttt_67thway_v3
ttt_amsterville_final2
ttt_bank_b3
ttt_biocube
ttt_borders_b20_xmas
ttt_canyon_a4_sgedit
ttt_cloverfield_b2
ttt_clue_pak
ttt_cluedo_b5
ttt_concentration_b2
ttt_crummycradle_a4
ttt_cs_crystal_lake
ttt_district_a5
ttt_enclave_b1
ttt_fallout
ttt_forest_final
ttt_hairyhouse
ttt_infini_b3
ttt_lost_temple_v2
ttt_minecraft_b5
ttt_nexus_final
ttt_parkhouse
ttt_plaza_b6
ttt_rooftops_a2
ttt_scarisland_b1
ttt_terrortrainb2
ttt_thething_b3fix
ttt_whitehouse_b2
ttt_wintermansion_beta2
ttt_woodedwidow_b7
zm_countrytrain_b4
zm_roy_the_ship

Current requested removals (Will update as maps are taken off and new ones are requested to be removed):
ttt_concentration_b2: Overall just a badly made map. Up for debate though, some people like it while I think most hate it. Currently being debated.

ttt_borders_b20_xmas: Borders is awesome, but remove the xmas version and put the original on. - Need tree fix on original before being removed.

ttt_scarisland_b1: dm_island is the better island map, I personally despise scarisland, and also think it's the more hated map out of the two.

de_lost2: Terrible large map, people die to the cliff near the plane all the time cause the ladder is gay, white blindness is annoying as fuck.

Current requested additions (Will update as maps are put on the server):

LoneWolf
22 Feb 2013, 06:59pm
Yes, I'm agree with you, But I feel that amsterville and Lost temple should be kept too, Seeing as they are really fun maps, Other than that, I'm okay with it.

Neptune
22 Feb 2013, 07:02pm
What LoneWolf said and bank I think is one of the better maps as well.

Skyrocket
22 Feb 2013, 07:02pm
No to wintermansion due to the fact that it's a well-made and fun map with solely the exception of the lights (lost has a weird "nuke" effect about 3min through the map too, but that's a relatively well-made map)
Never had a problem with 67th myself
Agree with rooftops should be added

Gunner412
22 Feb 2013, 07:05pm
I'm going to have to agree with you on the removals. I have seen them kill the server so many times now they usually cut the population in half.

XeNo
22 Feb 2013, 07:06pm
No to wintermansion due to the fact that it's a well-made and fun map with solely the exception of the lights (lost has a weird "nuke" effect about 3min through the map too, but that's a relatively well-made map)
Never had a problem with 67th myself
Agree with rooftops should be added
I'll leave wintermansion up for debate. I agree with you, would like more reg's feedback on the map though. I think people leave cause it's so large/confusing sometimes.

Yes, I'm agree with you, But I feel that amsterville and Lost temple should be kept too, Seeing as they are really fun maps, Other than that, I'm okay with it.
Does Amsterville kill the population? I was under the impression it did.

Marked as green for "keep" for now. Same with bank.

Vinyl
22 Feb 2013, 07:08pm
I would like rp_christmastown_2 removed, some players are not able to load and/or download it, causing a large amount of the players in the server to leave and the ones that can load it to leave. Other than that I really don't have any complaints...

ArkAngel7734
22 Feb 2013, 07:09pm
I agree with LoneWolf and Neptune, I think Lost Temple should be kept, I don't care about Wintermansion, personally.

Gunner412
22 Feb 2013, 07:09pm
I'll leave wintermansion up for debate. I agree with you, would like more reg's feedback on the map though. I think people leave cause it's so large/confusing sometimes.

I really do like the map but It always seems to empty out the server.

Golden Shower
22 Feb 2013, 07:10pm
Pracitically in unison here. We do need a better rotation system, though we need a mapcycle randomizer thing.

Desert Atrocity is not that great.

Terrortrain is a good, popular map.

Lost Temple is a classic,and is necessary to any TTT server

homegrown is good.

Bluesky kills the server

christmastown needs to go back to v1

xmas hotel needs removed. period

bank is popular, though needs the vault fixed

island and scarisland are well liked

amsterville is loved

XeNo
22 Feb 2013, 07:18pm
Pracitically in unison here. We do need a better rotation system, though we need a mapcycle randomizer thing.

Desert Atrocity is not that great.

Terrortrain is a good, popular map.

Lost Temple is a classic,and is necessary to any TTT server

homegrown is good.

Bluesky kills the server

christmastown needs to go back to v1

xmas hotel needs removed. period

bank is popular, though needs the vault fixed

island and scarisland are well liked

amsterville is loved
Island is really good, forgot about that one. Scarisland I'm not so sure. What map is bluesky? I don't remember.

I'll make island and terrortrain green. I agree with atrocity...being an atrocity.

- BloodBrothers -
22 Feb 2013, 07:25pm
- De_haunts is a good map yet XeNo has a point. When ever we have 10 people on the server it goes down from 10 to 3 players.
- de_vegas_css I had nothing against this map but it does drop the player count.
- ttt_67thway_v4 Gay map prefer v3.
- ttt_concentration_b2 Wasn't really a big fan of this map
- ttt_wintermansion_beta2 I never seen the server die from when ever I'm on it so I'm probably never on that often when the server is on this map

BTW CRYSTAL LAKE IS GAY!

Also: I like xmas borders better than the original. (Cus of Rudolf the red nosed reindeer)

XeNo
22 Feb 2013, 07:36pm
- De_haunts is a good map yet XeNo has a point. When ever we have 10 people on the server it goes down from 10 to 3 players.
- de_vegas_css I had nothing against this map but it does drop the player count.
- ttt_67thway_v4 Gay map prefer v3.
- ttt_concentration_b2 Wasn't really a big fan of this map
- ttt_wintermansion_beta2 I never seen the server die from when ever I'm on it so I'm probably never on that often when the server is on this map

BTW CRYSTAL LAKE IS GAY!

Also: I like xmas borders better than the original. (Cus of Rudolf the red nosed reindeer)
Slidey ice is annoying though. Also kind of off-puts the mood by being xmas.

- BloodBrothers -
22 Feb 2013, 07:39pm
Slidey ice is annoying though. Also kind of off-puts the mood by being xmas.
But, But, Rudolf :(

Its something in the original that gets me annoyed though.

LoneWolf
22 Feb 2013, 08:59pm
Oh yes and I forgot, Why was rooftops removed? It populated the server and was quite a nice map. Would love to see it again, as Xeno suggested it.

Skyrocket
22 Feb 2013, 09:00pm
I'd like to make a few reccomendations of maps I personally really like, and I think would do well on the server.
ttt_camel_v1 (http://http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=84967) -Good map, rather large but most of it is open.
ttt_hairyhouse (http://http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=107081) -Surprised we don't already have this map. Most of the map is focused on the house in the middle, with a few outlying areas.

There's another map that I like, but I can't find it :(
It's the map of a bunch of falling-apart buildings and a big lighthouse all on top of the water, and the water kills. That was a good map. Might be bugged, idk.

If I could suggest a removal, it'd be remove EVERY single de/cs/dm map except for the ones a majority like (like homegrown) (even though i detest richland, most people like it)

EDIT: Also, why was thething removed? It was a fun map :(

LoneWolf
22 Feb 2013, 09:09pm
Many people did not like it.

XeNo
22 Feb 2013, 11:22pm
If I could suggest a removal, it'd be remove EVERY single de/cs/dm map except for the ones a majority like (like homegrown) (even though i detest richland, most people like it)

It would make sense to remove the de/cs/dm maps.

As for thething, if it's the map I am thinking of, terrible map.

Looking at the other two maps you suggested, I'll add them to the add list after I've looked at them.

Edit: Adding hairyhouse to list of additions, looks like a nice map for TTT, we'll see how it goes in-game.

I'm not sure about camel, a Traitor with a sniper will see anyone coming for them and able to pick them off pretty easily. I don't think it would be that great, being that open with so few close quarter places. Traitors will be easily identified and at the same time have a huge advantage of seeing everyone coming for them.

Also, I checked thething, I like that map but I know a lot of people didn't.

Spartan
23 Feb 2013, 04:21am
I didn't want to make individual map removal/requests for this, and I imagine Spartan doesn't mind if they're all in one thread.

Maps in Green are usually well-liked and help populate the server. Maps in Red are typically hated and clear out the server slowly/fast.

Regulars to the server please respond with your thoughts on these maps and give reasons why they need to be removed. Also please suggest maps to the server, because if we aren't going to customize TTT in any way the maps need to be fixed to make sure TTT is enjoyable.

Overall, we need to lower this maplist way down, we don't need 47 maps, we need about 20 maps that are all really fun to play.

PLEASE PUT THE END-OF-MAP VOTE FOR NEXT MAP BACK ON THE SERVER. NO MORE ROTATION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

This is the current votemap list:
1 - cs_harborbank
2 - cs_homegrown
3 - cs_island_b2
4 - cs_italy
5 - cs_office
6 - de_alps
7 - de_desert_atrocity_v3
8 - de_haunts
9 - de_lost2
10 - de_nightfever
11 - de_outlaws
12 - de_port
13 - de_rimini
14 - de_vegas_css
15 - de_wellness
16 - de_westwood
17 - de_xmas_hotel
18 - dm_island17
19 - dm_richland_notrap_b5
20 - rp_christmastown_2
21 - ttt_67thway_v4 Make this v3 in the rotation and votemap list, v4 is shitty.
22 - ttt_BlueSky_V3
23 - ttt_amsterville_final2
24 - ttt_bank_b3
25 - ttt_biocube
26 - ttt_borders_b20_xmas
27 - ttt_canyon_a4_sgedit
28 - ttt_cloverfield_b2
29 - ttt_clue_pak
30 - ttt_cluedo_b5
31 - ttt_concentration_b2
32 - ttt_crummycradle_a4
33 - ttt_cs_crystal_lake
34 - ttt_district_a5
35 - ttt_enclave_b1
36 - ttt_fallout
37 - ttt_forest_final
38 - ttt_infini_b3
39 - ttt_lost_temple_v2
40 - ttt_minecraft_b5
41 - ttt_nexus_final
42 - ttt_scarisland_b1
43 - ttt_terrortrainb2
44 - ttt_whitehouse_b2
45 - ttt_wintermansion_beta2
46 - ttt_woodedwidow_b7
47 - zm_countrytrain_b4
48 - zm_roy_the_ship

Current requested removals (Will update as maps are taken off and new ones are requested to be removed):
ttt_67thway_v4: Replace with V3, v4 is pretty terrible also glitchy. The room below the map you can get stuck in without being able to leave.

ttt_concentration_b2: Overall just a badly made map. Up for debate though, some people like it while I think most hate it.

ttt_borders_b20_xmas: Borders is awesome, but remove the xmas version and put the original on.

de_haunts: Giant map, pretty cool looking and can be fun with a full server. Without a full server it just helps clear out the server, way too large and people get very easily confused on where to go.

de_vegas_css: Personally, I like the map. However, it's also fairly large and people get lost easily if they don't know the map. Same issue as de_haunts really.

rp_christmastown_2: Apparently people cannot load this map. Please remove and/or fix.

de_desert_atrocity_v3: Large, overall terrible map. Seems to always be played when we have 10 or less people in the server and effectively helps kill the server further.

Current requested additions (Will update as maps are put on the server):
ttt_rooftops_a2: ttt_rooftops_a2 Download! (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121448) - Great map, most TTT servers have it, lots like it. The server used to have it, I'm not sure why it was removed?

ttt_minecraftcity_v3: http://www.filedropper.com/tttminecraftcityv3 - Decently made map, will give some fresh air to the map cycle to try it out and get feedback.

ttt_hairyhouse: ttt_hairyhouse.zip Download! (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=107081) - Suggested by Skyrocket, it looks like a nice small map. Lots of close quarters and still open at the same time by having an outside area along with being able to go on the side of the house/on the roof.

Mother. Fucker.

Where the fuck do I begin. The end of map vote was Fretta. Fretta is gone. Dead. No more. Abandoned. Consumed. Obliterated. [Insert more synonyms here] The other voting method was sourcemod. Guess what, sm is also dead on gmod, at least for a long long long long long long time. Even a lot of addons designed for map voting don't work anymore because they were compatible with gmod 12 and not 13. Feel free to code up some fancy end map vote lua code for me, please. Right now you have 2 options, let the random map cycle pick the map or vote for maps in ULX. And yes, it is random. The server uses TTTs built in map chooser rather than simply making its way down a maplist. That's the best I can do right now.

I've removed:
cs_italy
de_alps
de_desert_atrocity_v3
de_vegas_css
ttt_BlueSky_V3

I've altered:
rp_christmastown_2 to rp_christmastown
ttt_67thway_v4 to ttt_67thway_v3

I've added all the 3 suggested maps. I'm not changing borders until another normal version is made of the original b20. The map has errors all over the place and looks far better with the trees. Paralyzed pls. I disagree on removing haunts and concentration. Both are quite well liked maps when I've played.

Choose between ttt_scarisland_b1 and dm_island. They're both the same except scar is bigger. The rest you can decide to remove on your own.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 05:57am
Personally I prefer dm_island (that's the one we had first right?)

Also, to any of you voting against de_haunts... FUCK YOU. I love that map, and the late nights I'm on, I don't see it kill the server.
(Disclaimer: I probably love about 90% of you that vote against it, but FUCK YOU anyways. <3)

Paralyzed
23 Feb 2013, 06:09am
Should get rid of scarisland and keep dm_island, that's the best one IMO.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 06:23am
Scar Island is the one that we all spawn on the beach and the underground area has that toxic shit yes? Because while I like both island maps, that's the one I prefer least, for the toxic shit and the fact that when I die my spectator always spawns in that box in the sky, and I hate having to do work to get back to viewing the others.

frank the rabbit
23 Feb 2013, 08:16am
I personally love haunts and kinda like concentration. I have only seen haunts either keep people in or bring people in, I have never once seen it kill the server.

Fishey
23 Feb 2013, 08:25am
I hate having to do work to get back to viewing the others.

All you have to do is click once.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 08:29am
All you have to do is click once.

That's still work. It's easier when it defaults me to a randy person.

ScubaToaster
23 Feb 2013, 08:45am
I'm not a huge fan of scarisland myself, however I wouldn't like Concentration or Haunts removed as I've never seen anyone have a problem with those maps nor have I seen them kill the server population.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 09:07am
I'm not a huge fan of scarisland myself, however I wouldn't like Concentration or Haunts removed as I've never seen anyone have a problem with those maps nor have I seen them kill the server population.

Which one is Concentration?

Neptune
23 Feb 2013, 09:19am
The one with the bald people and a square area surrounded by fencing and a sewer.

ScubaToaster
23 Feb 2013, 09:20am

The one with the watchtower and central building.

E: Vague replies.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 09:35am
The one with the bald people and a square area surrounded by fencing and a sewer.

Ah, nazi map.

E: I got what he's saying.

LoneWolf
23 Feb 2013, 10:05am
I'd rather have dm_island, its more of a fun map.

Kiwi
23 Feb 2013, 10:32am
crystal lake and blue sky kill the server and aren't great maps

we have borders on the maplist but not in rotation, but if it's possible to get the original with the error signs for trees because regs prefer that

dm_island is the better map but there's no reason not to keep them both

de_haunts is a well liked map amongst most regs

i've never seen ttt_forest_final played before what even is that map

LoneWolf
23 Feb 2013, 10:44am
we have westwood_v4 in the rotation and it needs to be replaced with the old day/bloom version because the current one sucks
we have the original westwood btw, de_westwood.

XeNo
23 Feb 2013, 01:43pm
Updated first post. Removed numbers cause, fuck you they're out of order now and I don't wanna fix it yet. Added the 3 new maps to the map list, please provide feedback here of whether or not they're good maps for the server.

Spartan I wasn't aware it was broken, as I played other servers with the end-of-map voting thing. Would something like: Rock the Vote Download! (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132988) be suitable for right now? Currently we have the !votemap, however, using rtv is more familiar to most people and is easier to explain, "Everyone !rtv", also allows multiple maps be voted on in a faster way. We could also edit it so that it works more of a "set next map" rather that an instant map change, forcing it to switch after round limit is reached.

Honestly I think more people enjoy dm_island over scarisland, so I put a removal for scarisland. Keep in mind that I know certain people like all the maps, but if no one has honestly ever seen de_haunts lower the server population, then you're only playing when the server is maxed out. Play it with 6-8 people in the server none of them being regs. The 8 minute rounds for the people that die near the beginning are killer. Possibly add it back after we lower the map list and have a more effective way of changing the map.

de_forest_final is the map with the train wreck, outhouse, and two random silo's. Is crystal lake really that bad? Thought people like it.

ExRev
23 Feb 2013, 02:02pm
Keep in mind that I know certain people like all the maps, but if no one has honestly ever seen de_haunts lower the server population, then you're only playing when the server is maxed out. Play it with 6-8 people in the server none of them being regs. The 8 minute rounds for the people that die near the beginning are killer. Possibly add it back after we lower the map list and have a more effective way of changing the map.

I played just the other night with like 1-2 regs and 4-5 randies. We enjoyed, and played through the full of the maptime.

XeNo
23 Feb 2013, 02:51pm
I played just the other night with like 1-2 regs and 4-5 randies. We enjoyed, and played through the full of the maptime.
Removed it from the removal section for now.

LoneWolf
24 Feb 2013, 09:04am
We tested out minecraft city just now, In certain places there is no skybox and it's just black.

XeNo
24 Feb 2013, 12:52pm
We tested out minecraft city just now, In certain places there is no skybox and it's just black.
Really? I guess there's additional files for it, I don't know which ones are missing cause I can't find a download for it anywhere.

How many places are there like that?

LoneWolf
24 Feb 2013, 01:11pm
Really? I guess there's additional files for it, I don't know which ones are missing cause I can't find a download for it anywhere.

How many places are there like that?

Its a lot of places, The whole skybox goes black, and on the side of the map You can see outside.

XeNo
24 Feb 2013, 03:31pm
Its a lot of places, The whole skybox goes black, and on the side of the map You can see outside.
Added to removals. Thanks Lone.

Sid
24 Feb 2013, 08:46pm
The maplist looks great, in my opinion. I saw the newer 67th street was removed though; I kinda liked the changes :(

Pet Rock
24 Feb 2013, 09:32pm
TAKE OUT DE_WELLNESS... very unoptimized and laggy... I usually run at around 100+ fps running at 20-30 on this map... laggy for everyone on the server and people complain about it.

Wadoob.-
25 Feb 2013, 11:36am
In my opinion:
- Office, Canyon, Cloverfield, Fallout and Whitehouse are good maps too.
- Amsterville and Nexus are horrible, but a lot of people like them so...
- Crystal Lake, Lost and Countrytrain should be red too, I've never seen more than 15 people in the sv when we play those maps, besides, all of them are pretty bad. Especially countrytrain (probably the worst TTT map I've ever played).
- Borders and Concentration aren't hated and they don't clear out the server. Both maps are good and I've never seen somebody complaining about them.

And that's pretty much what I wanted to say, the rest is fine for me. Oh, and I agree with you about putting the end of the map vote back. The rotation sucks. We always play the same maps, and a lot of them are either bad or after playing them so often they get boring. Besides, there are another maps that we never played with the rotation, one of them it's Lost Temple. I haven't played that map in at least 2 weeks.

Wadoob.-
25 Feb 2013, 11:42am
I'd like to make a few reccomendations of maps I personally really like, and I think would do well on the server.
ttt_camel_v1 (http://http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=84967) -Good map, rather large but most of it is open.
ttt_hairyhouse (http://http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=107081) -Surprised we don't already have this map. Most of the map is focused on the house in the middle, with a few outlying areas.

There's another map that I like, but I can't find it :(
It's the map of a bunch of falling-apart buildings and a big lighthouse all on top of the water, and the water kills. That was a good map. Might be bugged, idk.

The Thing is bad man. That map really kills the server.