PDA

View Full Version : Gremby's General Game Issues

Gremby
20 Feb 2013, 06:05pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
I have the latest Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
No What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
None Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
I did. What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
... Please state your problem here
Not sure when this started but as you can see on the image some textures become very sharp and grainy. When I move it's unbearable to look at. Its like having gravel in my eyes. I've tried several different configs and different settings in Nvidia control panel with no success.

Danthrax
21 Feb 2013, 04:51pm
It might be an issue with the actual map or texture in the game files, does this happen on any other maps/games?

Shadowex3
22 Feb 2013, 04:57am
If you look at the floor you can see that the "grain" tessellates and has a fair amount of actual shapes and details to it instead of being purely random noise. It looks like you've got one texture rendering crisply and everything else very blurry from being at low detail, this reminds me of when HL1 modders would use a second set of textures that render "under" the stock ones up close to provide more detail than the old engine could give normally.