PDA

View Full Version : A SK/ (Scoutknives) Server

Proffesor Caybara
17 Feb 2013, 08:04am
I think we should really have a SK server because in my opinion it would be played more than Dust 2 and trikz. I have seen servers have succesful SK servers.

Neptune
17 Feb 2013, 08:30am
I like this idea, I like scoutsknives a lot.

Phonicz
17 Feb 2013, 08:39am
would be more popular than our reg server. grand idea

WoLF
17 Feb 2013, 08:39am
I'd say no. Sk is boring in my opinion

Vick
17 Feb 2013, 11:29am
I think its a good idea. And it would be lots of fun.
:d

Proffesor Caybara
17 Feb 2013, 01:57pm
SK not only helps you with aim you can practice bhop there too. Some people play it just to bhop around

Madd26
17 Feb 2013, 06:56pm
i think its a great idea

dysfunctional
17 Feb 2013, 07:06pm
fu Trikz is way better.

I honestly hate sk unless it has lowgrav.

Eskomo
17 Feb 2013, 07:16pm
I don't think it would work, but what the hell do I know!

Pet Rock
17 Feb 2013, 07:24pm
I don't think it would work, but what the hell do I know!

NOTHING!!!!! scout knives is fun... I approve

Proffesor Caybara
17 Feb 2013, 07:30pm
I don't think it would work
How wouldnt it? considering there is scoutknives in mingame maps it should not be too hard

themuffinman
17 Feb 2013, 09:17pm
I honestly hate sk unless it has lowgrav.

if theres no lowgrav then its not SK lol
but i like the idea, i do enjoy sk
however, it would probably be well populated for a month or so then die off.

this has been suggested several times before so why not once more? have a server that rotates gamemodes every month or so. sk/gg/reg/trikz/etc.

Octa
17 Feb 2013, 09:31pm
Haven't we done this before and it failed terribly? Or am I thinking of my old clan. Hm. Well, I can't say I see it lasting.

Lupin
17 Feb 2013, 10:31pm
Don't really see this going anywhere like the last few servers we had. At first everyone would say oh i love X server. It'll be really fun if we had one and at first few weeks it get's full cause it's a new server but then after that it never get's populated unless there's an announcement. Also i never lliked SK

Chainedlord
18 Feb 2013, 12:42pm
we've never tried a scoutzknives server while I was active in SG

Paralyzed
18 Feb 2013, 12:45pm
Scoutknivez really only is popular whenever mods like RPG or deathmatch are added.

Chainedlord
18 Feb 2013, 01:08pm
Scoutknivez really only is popular whenever mods like RPG or deathmatch are added.
I would put that to the test :)

High
18 Feb 2013, 01:34pm
we've tried it at least 5-6 times. Its never worked.

Skyrocket
18 Feb 2013, 02:11pm
How wouldnt it? considering there is scoutknives in mingame maps it should not be too hard

Point being, people don't want to play 24/7 scoutzknives, people would rather play scoutzknives ALONGSIDE other minigames.

I'm going to say "No" because SK is boring as hell after about 5-7 rounds

Proffesor Caybara
18 Feb 2013, 04:35pm
I agree it is more fun with deathmatch but even so it is challenging and fun. Again when i play it is to practice hitting bhoppers or practicing strafe. I would definetly play it.

HZK
18 Feb 2013, 04:38pm
Deathmatch with a mapchange every 15 minutes, cycling through various SK maps with different themes and layouts.

Proffesor Caybara
18 Feb 2013, 05:31pm
CSSBANANA: Scout Sniper War (Counter-Strike: Source > Maps) (http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/53) Many maps we could use.

Vick
18 Feb 2013, 05:50pm
Yeah, having the server switch between game modes would also help the server to get more people.
(Don't know if that's possible :))

Sleggie
18 Feb 2013, 06:16pm
... I'm not sure what to say, I cant bhop ;-;

Pet Rock
18 Feb 2013, 07:42pm
I agree that this would most likely be a low populated server... but still somewhat fun... should just stay on the few MG maps it is at

themuffinman
18 Feb 2013, 08:14pm
I agree that this would most likely be a low populated server... but still somewhat fun... should just stay on the few MG maps it is at

maybe throw a sk map into the mg rotation??

Proffesor Caybara
19 Feb 2013, 02:23pm
Even that would be better than having no Sk server at all

Skyrocket
19 Feb 2013, 02:40pm

And then people who don't want to play Scoutzknives for 20 minutes will ragequit, just like the people who ragequit on battleforce soccer.

Pet Rock
19 Feb 2013, 03:26pm
And then people who don't want to play Scoutzknives for 20 minutes will ragequit, just like the people who ragequit on battleforce soccer.

there is bound to be people who ragequit for each minigame just saying...

Skyrocket
19 Feb 2013, 05:32pm
there is bound to be people who ragequit for each minigame just saying...

Except SK is exceptionally boring. With multimaps, there's more than 1 type of map, and each one will get played most of the time, and with course maps you have a goal you're trying to reach. With SK, it's just jumping around and shooting and knifing people. Hell, I'll give Smee tower the benefit of the doubt and say at least there are a few fun things you can do with it. (like jumping out a window and shotgunning someone before you die)

Pet Rock
19 Feb 2013, 05:51pm
Except SK is exceptionally boring. With multimaps, there's more than 1 type of map, and each one will get played most of the time, and with course maps you have a goal you're trying to reach. With SK, it's just jumping around and shooting and knifing people. Hell, I'll give Smee tower the benefit of the doubt and say at least there are a few fun things you can do with it. (like jumping out a window and shotgunning someone before you die)

there is a MG map with nothing but multiple awp mini maps... why not have a MG map with multiple scout/knives

ScubaToaster
19 Feb 2013, 06:21pm
there is a MG map with nothing but multiple awp mini maps... why not have a MG map with multiple scout/knives

Feel free to make one and request it, as for the actual server idea I can't see it going anywhere as we don't have the active playerbase interested in it enough to commit.

Paralyzed
6 Mar 2013, 04:10pm
We came to the conclusion that this won't work, and won't grow any steady new playerbase to keep it populated. The idea of an MG map having scoutknivez, that's completely up to the mappers themselves.

Bob Loblaw
6 Mar 2013, 04:47pm
Like the above have said, I used to love SK, and wanted to start/manage a server, but there was never enough interest and I'm afraid that's pretty much how it will be forever I think.