PDA

View Full Version : DayZ Standalone - Will you be buying?

Paul
6 Feb 2013, 03:11pm
x_SKBJaJBcI

(von dutch) delta force 8
6 Feb 2013, 03:39pm
Definitly interesed, thatīs for sure!

Lupin
6 Feb 2013, 03:42pm
Better not flop as hard as WarZ, but i guess it takes a lot of effort to do that. Looks good and i hope they change some controls around

Pyro
6 Feb 2013, 03:47pm
If that big hacker problem has been fix then i probably will be.

Paul
6 Feb 2013, 03:58pm
If that big hacker problem has been fix then i probably will be.

You wont be able to script in the standalone like people do in arma 2. Hackers though will try and find ways to get them into the game though, but that's the same with most games.

Kippe
6 Feb 2013, 04:04pm
Yes. Yes I will.

sebak
6 Feb 2013, 04:06pm
gonna be the exact same game, with all the bugs fixed? or are they adding new stuff?

Neptune
6 Feb 2013, 04:41pm
It looks great so far, I would buy it as long as it's a decent price.

Fishey
6 Feb 2013, 04:46pm
Looks fun, I will buy it.

Metal
6 Feb 2013, 05:42pm
Yes.

Im a Jackass
6 Feb 2013, 05:55pm
Who needs dayz when you have warz? Its such a better game in the long run.

Sniper
6 Feb 2013, 06:08pm
gonna be the exact same game, with all the bugs fixed? or are they adding new stuff?

They'll be adding a lot of new features. And Yes I'll be buying it.

Gator
6 Feb 2013, 07:14pm
I intend to. DayZ on Arma 2 has it's flaw but I feel that this idea will go a long way for the standalone.

Skyrocket
6 Feb 2013, 07:24pm
I most likely will (If it's not THAT expensive, that is.)

Aznsoul
6 Feb 2013, 07:34pm
So gonna buy this. I've seen some of the new updates to the Standalone version at Gamebanana, and it seems like the Devs reworked some stuff and looks x10 better.

Tamahome
10 Feb 2013, 03:44am
Yes.

LVG
10 Feb 2013, 06:16am
No I won't I will be receiving it free, during the closed test.

Who needs dayz when you have warz? Its such a better game in the long run.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28511889/KBM5M.png

SilentGuns
10 Feb 2013, 06:17am
As long as I find a fire axe that doesn't run out of ammo, I am happy.

Seriously though. I really like how the are improving the houses.

Blue
10 Feb 2013, 06:53am
Hope they change the inventory menu. I don't understand it.

Im a Jackass
10 Feb 2013, 10:11am

Thats Armas inventory menu not Dayzs lol

Energy
10 Feb 2013, 11:16am

The inventory menu is amazing. I like how it's a more of a risk to go into your inventory, unlike other games *cough*Warz*cough* where you just walk around the items holding 'E'.

Punky
10 Feb 2013, 11:50am
Of course I'll buy it.

Tweezy
10 Feb 2013, 12:28pm
Better not flop as hard as WarZ, but i guess it takes a lot of effort to do that. Looks good and i hope they change some controls around

WarZ is copied from DayZ

asb
10 Feb 2013, 05:52pm
Yep

Pet Rock
10 Feb 2013, 09:03pm
I hope they add little miscellaneous items you can use for weapons... kitchen knives,hockey sticks, etc... make it feel like you are really scavenging anything you can find to survive.

Frosty
11 Feb 2013, 01:14am
If it is any good, I lost all hope with the mod as it was so shit

But obviously this is a standalone game, so it should be good.

Chainedlord
11 Feb 2013, 09:19am
The mod is amazing, the only thing that I disliked was the overrun of hackers. The standalone will not only make the mod 100x better but will also remove all the script kiddies (95% of the hackers).

Tweezy
12 Feb 2013, 01:09pm
The mod is amazing, the only thing that I disliked was the overrun of hackers. The standalone will not only make the mod 100x better but will also remove all the script kiddies (95% of the hackers).

Yeah man, the new server base so everything is called by the server is such a nice idea, hopefully it gets implemented correctly so there isn't any lagg!

Cromyth
12 Feb 2013, 01:51pm
Virtually everything that existed in ArmA2 is being reworked. A quick summary of what is being done right now:

New Skeleton and animations. Completely done again from scratch. The previous rig was a decade old. All these animations are to be motion captured from scratch again. This is a long term project, but the first results will be seen with zombies relatively soon. This is a big deal. Any animators out there will no just how much of a change this will make.

New Zombie AI. As noted this is being worked on at the moment. First step has been getting zombies to run inside, which looks great

Entirely new weapons. Every weapon and item in standalone is being redone. The new AK is the first weapon and it looks amazing. It also features a number of attachments.

Nothing is just copied over from the mod. I can't think of a single asset that has not been reworked and redeveloped so far, everything is being made better, more optimized, or something like that.

rocket2guns comments on Rocket just tweeted this (http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/18deri/rocket_just_tweeted_this/c8dvzwd)

Paul
12 Feb 2013, 02:12pm
Hopefully we will have a server up on launch so we can get some bases and shit build on our own server instead of using others.

D-Team oll
13 Feb 2013, 02:35pm
Whats new instead of running for 2 hours and not finding anything u run for 1 hour not finding anything?
On a serious note what are the "new" things there adding cause in my opinion DayZ was jus boring i would rather play escape chernaus then DayZ its much better.

Xerrandi
13 Feb 2013, 10:10pm
Definitely getting on this

Gremby
23 Feb 2013, 07:35pm
I never got around buying this (these?) game/s because back then all I had was a 80GB SSD and I didn't have any space or money to buy multiple games. This game do however look really sweet and I might give it a go. It all depends on how many ppl that buy it. I'm guessing it's more fun the more you are in the server.

ChriizCC
23 Feb 2013, 09:46pm
First I have to get a better GPU and then I might think of getting it. xD

LVG
27 Feb 2013, 09:54am
I can't say much (but since there is already a video about these parts)the SA is progressing nicely, with my current favourite being Chernarus plus and the graphics overall.

Energy
27 Feb 2013, 03:35pm
I can't say much (but since there is already a video about these parts)the SA is progressing nicely, with my current favourite being Chernarus plus and the graphics overall.
I know you're a dayz forum mod, soooo. GET YOUR STANDALONE KEY YET? :3 http://i.imgur.com/MtVr2c0.png

Frosty
4 Aug 2013, 05:22am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j0cPwIbwsM

looks more clunky than ever, no alpha for a while it seems

Lupin
4 Aug 2013, 10:08am
just looks like warz on the dayz map :/