PDA

View Full Version : SexualHarassmentPanda's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

SexualHarassmentPanda
22 Jan 2013, 04:16pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
CyberPowerPC What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
N/A Please state your problem here
I cannot connect to the Steamgamers forums or FastDL. Since yesterday, suddenly after refreshing the page, I time out when I try to connect to anything on the Channelfuse network. As far as I know, it doesn't have anything to do with my Antivirus or any Peerblocking software, it happens on every device I try on my network, including my phone. The only way I can get on is through a VPN or TOR, which isn't the most convenient solution. My router has been acting a bit fidgety, but so far, Channelfuse has been the only network I've been having problems with.

EDIT:

On second thought this appears to be a DNS issue. I tried flushing the DNS cache on my PC, but like I said, the problem is network-wide and did nothing. I tried resetting my router a few times as well, but that didn't do shit either. Would a hard reset work in this situation?

stylez1989
23 Jan 2013, 06:08am
Connect your Portable computer or anything that is closed to your router and modem. Bypass the router and connect to the model. cmd ipconfig /release ,/renew and try agian. if it doesn't work contact your ISP. if it does then something is bugged up in the router and give me the name of the routers Model #. Do this step before we go into the router.

Edit.
I had some weird issue like this before and it ended up me contacting my ISP because they were testing some ports/blocking ports and some other shit. :p

Paralyzed
23 Jan 2013, 06:28am
Your IP might have been blacklisted for unknown reasons, contact TV or any other BD that has close contacts with Amit, he is able to check it for you. I've had the same issue last time too.

SexualHarassmentPanda
23 Jan 2013, 03:30pm
Seems to be back to normal for now. Wasn't sure if it worked itself out or if this was someone's doing. Thanks everyone.