PDA

View Full Version : A de_dust2 deathmtach server

Spr00k
22 Jan 2013, 02:12pm
I have playing on another servers_dust2 deathmatch server and I thought it would be awesome if SG had one. I usually spend alot of time on that server but I would go back to SG to get some credits on the store. I don't really know how to support this idea but with the fact that there is always at least 15 or more people on a deathmatvh server. I guess this all I have to say so I hope you guys can agree with this idea.

Metal
22 Jan 2013, 04:46pm
One thing i have learned, Is DM never works.
It might work for a few weeks but than die off

Golden Shower
22 Jan 2013, 04:46pm
I have playing on another servers_dust2 deathmatch server and I thought it would be awesome if SG had one. I usually spend alot of time on that server but I would go back to SG to get some credits on the store. I don't really know how to support this idea but with the fact that there is always at least 15 or more people on a deathmatvh server. I guess this all I have to say so I hope you guys can agree with this idea.

1. Please don't say other communities names in the forums

2. We used to have it, I don't know if we do still or not.

Metal
22 Jan 2013, 05:03pm
1. Please don't say other communities names in the forums

We are allowed to speak of other communities just cannot show IP's, Banners, Links to server info etc.

Maybe a rotation DM server

Pan32
22 Jan 2013, 05:20pm
there are a dozen of these servers, half empty. So if you want to do a wasteland set up this server, but its a big loss of time

Skyrocket
23 Jan 2013, 12:37pm

We have a reg server for dust2, but not DM.
And I agree with the whole idea that it would die in a matter of a week or so, since most of SG doesn't like to continuously play reg/DM (As evident by our reg server being dead a majority of the time)

Pyro
23 Jan 2013, 01:23pm
Only way i could support this is if SG ungraded its dedi to a higher quality so we actually have good reg, otherwise id just rage to hard.

Pan32
23 Jan 2013, 01:58pm
Only way i could support this is if SG ungraded its dedi to a higher quality so we actually have good reg, otherwise id just rage to hard.

you pay da bills?

Banana Joe
24 Jan 2013, 06:46am
Dust 2 is fun, especially deathmatch, I just don't know how many in SG there would be to play on the server.
BUT, if this were to happen, please have awp on.

SilentGuns
28 Jan 2013, 05:03am
I have played in big (50/50) servers and it is a bunch of fun , so I know that these servers are popular. I do not know if it will work for SG but we could try it for a week ( use one of the empty servers ) .

I assume you mean the DM where you respawn instantly and do not have to wait 5 minutes every time you die.

ScubaToaster
28 Jan 2013, 05:25am
As much as I like DM this just stinks of our infamous 2 week server periods.

Paralyzed
28 Jan 2013, 05:39am
I assume you mean the DM where you respawn instantly and do not have to wait 5 minutes every time you die.

That is DM, yes. lol

Crazy Swede
28 Jan 2013, 09:47am
If any AO+ are willing to spend time on setting up a DM server that will most likely die in a week or two. I see why not, lol. But I can almost guarentee that this server will not last for a long time.

omarfire00
28 Jan 2013, 11:37am
I kind of agree that it will die sooner or later.

Neptune
28 Jan 2013, 12:31pm
Crackhouse?

Frosty
28 Jan 2013, 12:35pm
We have a Surf Deathmatch server, I don't see why we would need a second death match server personally

Paralyzed
12 Feb 2013, 04:57am
I'll move it to not accepted for now. We already have a DM server, which is surf, and to have two of the same gamemodes would kill either one of them. Playing de_dust2 constantly sounds pretty boring as well.