PDA

View Full Version : A Scanner Darkly

Jupina
16 May 2008, 12:13pm
one of my favorite movies.
even with Keanu Reeves in it.

never seen it? it's basically the story of a not-too-distant future in which a high population of the people are addicted to a new drug called "D". a cop goes undercover and becomes addicted, discovering the secret about "New Path" the rehab centers.

found a copy of the book in my grandfathers house a long while back, and when the movie came out i had to see it.

either way, i suggest both the book and the movie, but since some people cant stand Keanu, the book may be the safer bet.

MasterkennyG
16 May 2008, 12:23pm
im sorry but my favorit movie is titanic... i dont mean to be a girly man about it but i live it

Jupina
16 May 2008, 03:31pm
this post isn't about favorites. it's about 'a scanner darkly'.

liking a movie about a huge ship and lots of death isn't girly.

PotshotPolka
16 May 2008, 04:03pm
Meh... it didn't really deliver until near the end.
But it beat the shit out of Constantine, and I won't touch The Lakehouse with a 50 foot pole.

Slavic
16 May 2008, 07:20pm
I thought it was good, I liked the animation style plus I love Robert Downey Jr. and just the whole tweekin tripped out lifestyle.

Jupina
16 May 2008, 07:25pm
i was watching all the info about how they did the animation and i knew i wanted to do that. it's crazy shit. 18 months to annimate the entire movie over 400 man hours for each minute of film. damn damn damn.

PotshotPolka
16 May 2008, 09:16pm
CGI takes less effort than that....
But that 16 minute long scene in the Matrix Revolutions when Zion was getting pwned by Sentinels cost over 200 million.