PDA

View Full Version : Spr00ktheNurd's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

Spr00k
15 Jan 2013, 05:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton 360 Premier Edition Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
I don't know What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
I don't know Please state your problem here
While I'm playing on the SG servers every 10-20 minutes my internet or something kicks me out. After I get kicked out I can't join for more than 5-10 minutes. This gets very annoying. I don't think it has to do with my internet for I was playing on hellgamers and I was never kicked out. When I am kicked out it always says "Lost connection to server". I have tryed everything I could think of to fix this problem. My mom has called the internet company to fix my DLS and to get my internet to work as fast as possible. I'm not sure if it a problem with the servers or my internet so I decided to ask you guys. Since I don't much of my problem ask for an addition information you may need. Thanks

Labarr
15 Jan 2013, 07:30pm
While I'm playing on the SG servers every 10-20 minutes my internet or something kicks me out. After I get kicked out I can't join for more than 5-10 minutes.

When you get kicked out, does your internet not work at all? can use still use the internet to go to google.com?

Once this happens again, and you cannot re-connect right away like you said, try pinging one of the servers.
open up cmd and type: ping 70.42.74.124.

Are you behind a router? are you wired or wireless? If you have a router, what model is it

Spr00k
16 Jan 2013, 07:50am
When I get kicked my internet is still working. I have noticed that when I get kicked out my steam will say it has no connection for a couple of seconds
It happens every time I get kicked on the SG servers. It has happened on other servers but I don't get kicked. I'm at school while I'm posting this so
I'll get the other information you need when I get home.

Edit: I have CenturyLink internet atm.
Model: PK5001Z
I connect a wire form my router to my computer.
I tryed to ping JailBreak after I was kicked on cmd. It said ping request couldn't find host ping 66.150.121.69:27015. Please check the name and try again"
http://i.imgur.com/vUiaU.jpg

Pan32
19 Jan 2013, 12:01pm
remove the door (:27015) from the ip adress and ping it again

Spr00k
20 Jan 2013, 08:00pm
remove the door (:27015) from the ip adress and ping it again
This after I got kicked out of Deathrun
http://i.imgur.com/HZAmGYR.jpg

Tweezy
21 Jan 2013, 02:26am
Does it give you any sort of error message when you get kicked? Does anything show up in the console window?

EDIT: Nevermind, you've already said "Lost connection to server". I suppose you could traceroute the IP to see exactly what is happening when you lose connection:

traceroute serverip

It could also be a NAT issue on your router, try forwarding 27015 to see if it helps, you could also try disabling your firewall if it is running.

Last thing I could suggest is try updating your network drivers if you haven't already.

Banana Joe
21 Jan 2013, 02:44pm
Having the exact same problem on MG right now, remember having it some time ago, but it just randomly disappeared. It's annoying as fuck, and never found out what caused it. Pretty sure that I tried turning off my firewall, but with no luck.

Shadowex3
21 Jan 2013, 07:57pm
I had centurylink, took me years to get them to admit their wiring was bad. your trace looks fine, are you using their "router" or is it bridged and you're using your own?

Spr00k
22 Jan 2013, 11:09am
I had centurylink, took me years to get them to admit their wiring was bad. your trace looks fine, are you using their "router" or is it bridged and you're using your own?

I use their router

Spr00k
22 Jan 2013, 11:11am
Does it give you any sort of error message when you get kicked? Does anything show up in the console window?

EDIT: Nevermind, you've already said "Lost connection to server". I suppose you could traceroute the IP to see exactly what is happening when you lose connection:

traceroute serverip

It could also be a NAT issue on your router, try forwarding 27015 to see if it helps, you could also try disabling your firewall if it is running.

Last thing I could suggest is try updating your network drivers if you haven't already.

I'm at school ATM. I have disable the firewall didn't help at all.

Edit: I went to play on deathrun today with my laptop for my mom was using the computer to do some important work. As I was playing I waited to get kicked. It never happened. I don't know why I wasn't kicked but I'm sure that when I played on my laptop before I got kicked. I still have to try my computer to see if my problem is fix but for now that's all I have say.

Tweezy
22 Jan 2013, 03:27pm
To be honest everything looks fine your end. Take shadows advice and ring them, keep ringing until it gets fixed, if not threaten to go to a different company!

Spr00k
26 Jan 2013, 04:03pm
My problem has been fixed for now so this can be moved to fixed/resolved