PDA

View Full Version : [Finished] JB_PetRocks_Prison

Pet Rock
12 Jan 2013, 06:39pm
Map File
http://www.mediafire.com/?9qwz6aimjh22si7

I have been working on this map for a long time and its getting close to being complete... and would not mind some comments/reviews on stuff I could change before I release...

Content:
Armoury: (5 Ak47s, 5 M4a1s , 10 Scouts, 5 Mp5s, 5 UMPs, 9 Compacts, 9 Deagles, 18 He Grenades, 2 Awps, 2 Famas, 2 Galils, 2 Bullpups, 2 Kriegs, 4 tmps, 4 mac 10s, 2 elites, 2 five sevens, 2 usps, 2 glocks, 4 p90s, 4 m3s)
8 Cells with 2-3 Spawns Each
Vip Cell with 2 Spawns
Big Cage
Pool
Outside
Spleef
Soccer with Medic
Medic on top of Armory
Disco
Climb
Kitchen
Hockey
Storage Room
Sewers
Secret Room

Thx to anyone who takes there time to Check it out and post comments

Tsuna
12 Jan 2013, 10:55pm
I like it so far, MUCH better then the cartoon one, like you said the lighting just needs a little tweaking

dysfunctional
12 Jan 2013, 11:16pm
Can you add Awps? :3 And I also like it so far!

Pet Rock
12 Jan 2013, 11:17pm
Can you add Awps? :3 And I also like it so far!

Nope... No AWPs :P

ShoieP
12 Jan 2013, 11:22pm
Nope... No AWPs :P

FINALLY, NO AWPS. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, YES. THANK YOU. >hopes to it getting on pb< :biggrin:

Bad Horse
12 Jan 2013, 11:28pm
It's like 1000 times better than Cartoon. A little large but its good. Huge outdoors with tons of things to do. Ice skating needs some work. Looking forward to see it finished.

Pet Rock
12 Jan 2013, 11:29pm
It's like 1000 times better than Cartoon. A little large but its good. Huge outdoors with tons of things to do. Ice skating needs some work. Looking forward to see it finished.

Yeah gonna be editing the Ice Skating in a little bit... a few people have noticed its a little bit off

Also gonna Update the Title/Comment thing as I complete stuff

Vinyl
12 Jan 2013, 11:40pm
yes pls

Thank God no AWPs

R3TROATTACK
12 Jan 2013, 11:41pm
I like it alot better then ur old map

U better show me the hidden room damn it

dysfunctional
12 Jan 2013, 11:42pm
Thank God no AWPs

Badies

Pet Rock
12 Jan 2013, 11:54pm
As I release more updates and you guys test it and what not... if you find any glitches/bugs Pls screenshot it and send it to me... it can be a simple as a visible nodraw that I missed or a button that does not work I don't care... I just want everything to be as good as I can before I release.

RoverBot3
13 Jan 2013, 12:39am
I like it :3
No awps :D and SHOW ME THE HIDDEN ROOM :D

Kippe
13 Jan 2013, 12:39am
No awps? 0/10 would not play.

Pet Rock
13 Jan 2013, 12:45am
No awps? 0/10 would not play.

lol kippe plz scout > awp

omarfire00
13 Jan 2013, 01:40am
I remember when I played it with you before, now it looks better ^^

WoLF
13 Jan 2013, 08:52am
No awp ):

Strawberry
13 Jan 2013, 12:32pm
looks good, and for god's sake add GOOOD music

Pet Rock
13 Jan 2013, 12:38pm
looks good, and for god's sake add GOOOD music

It says songs to be added soon... picking what songs I should add... So far i got AC/DC Jailbreak, Judas Priest Breaking The Law, Ozzy Osbourne Crazy Train, System of a Down B.Y.O.B... only going to have four songs to keep file size down for fast download.

Pet Rock
13 Jan 2013, 05:34pm
Dang... VMF got corrupted latest back up is the version available to download atm.. lost a day of work :(

XeNo
13 Jan 2013, 10:49pm
Just played this with Pet, the map looks fun, some unique things most PB maps don't have, I hope you invite me to play it again once you finish textures and stuff Pet!

Pet Rock
13 Jan 2013, 11:08pm
All Right guys I released an Update to the Map, I added some Vents/Secrets... and THE SECRET ROOM is in play and ready for action... gonna work on making it a little more cooler looking but for now it is a plain room with the "Secret" Weapon. Good luck finding out how to get in without "Noclipping". Also there are a few noticeable No Draw errors I ALREADY found and are fixed... but are still active in this BSP... BUT if you find any... even if you think I may have found it.. Please screen shot JUST in case I missed.

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 06:15am
pr_test_d.bsp (http://www.mediafire.com/?fc43qjqzxm3if3d)

I have been working on this map for a long time and its getting close to being complete... and would not mind some comments/reviews on stuff I could change before I release...

Content:
Armoury: (5 Ak47s, 5 M4a1s ,10 Scouts, 5 Mp5s,5 UMPs, 9 Compacts, 9 Deagles, 18 He Grenades)
8 Cells with 2-3 Spawns Each
Vip Cell with 2 Spawnsi
Big Cage
Pool
Outside (Gonna Work on making a little less open)
Spleef (In Progress)
Soccer with Medic
Medic on top of Armory
Disco (Songs to be added soon)
Climb (Working on making more difficult)
Kitchen
Hockey
LR Room (Just Started)
Secret Room

Thx to anyone who takes there time to Check it out and post comments

Wait 2 medics?

Plus if you want people to actually play your map and not get it removed in a few months, I suggest you add awps.

Frosty
14 Jan 2013, 06:23am
I suggest you add awps.

awp fag

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 06:25am
awp fag

I'm just saying most people won't play the because of that and I can use any gun.

Frosty
14 Jan 2013, 06:27am
I'm just saying most people won't play the because of that and I can use any gun.

You mean because they can't get easy kills to rank whore?

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 06:43am
Who cares about rank, anyway whenever I play pb a map that doesn't have awps kills the server. You wouldn't know too well because you don't play pb often.

Tsuna
14 Jan 2013, 07:43am
Who cares about rank, anyway whenever I play pb a map that doesn't have awps kills the server. You wouldn't know too well because you don't play pb often.

It's true most people would be pretty butthurt at the fact that there are no awps. I thought it was a great idea not to have them, but pet was thinking of maybe hiding one or two. Which I think, would be the best alternative then.

Frosty
14 Jan 2013, 08:10am

Seems like a pretty stupid reason, I doubt that is even the problem... oh no awps, better leave.

Kippe
14 Jan 2013, 08:12am
I also suggest removing the secret room.

Pet Rock
14 Jan 2013, 09:23am
why would i remove secret room... it is hard to get into and will rarely ever be in play

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 10:01am
Seems like a pretty stupid reason, I doubt that is even the problem... oh no awps, better leave.

It's like ze sort of, in the fact that when the map changes to mako and half the server dies, except we don't have the player base.

Kippe
14 Jan 2013, 10:52am
why would i remove secret room... it is hard to get into and will rarely ever be in play
Except once everyone figures out about it a CT or two will be able to get in before the cells are opened and will be abused as fuck like the awp room on night.

Pet Rock
14 Jan 2013, 10:55am
kippe... it takes me over four minutes alone to get in the secret room...five min rounds... just saying

Kippe
14 Jan 2013, 10:59am
Alone is the key. I could easily get someone to help me press all the buttons.

Pet Rock
14 Jan 2013, 11:06am
kk put it this way... the secret room has two primaries and a secondary... the secondary is a special item that heals you for 2 health every second.. i decidedon health rather then speed cus speed is OP

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 12:05pm
Alone is the key. I could easily get someone to help me press all the buttons.

Don't lie you don't have friends :trollface:

WoLF
14 Jan 2013, 12:47pm
Add better music :angry:

Kippe
14 Jan 2013, 01:12pm
Don't lie you don't have friends :trollface:

Shows what you know. I have both Season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Neptune
14 Jan 2013, 02:02pm
Shows what you know. I have both Season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Only 2 I have all 10.

Pet Rock
14 Jan 2013, 07:52pm
Next update is now available... PR_Test_3.bsp (http://www.mediafire.com/?souvnhuho5oskd0) Download here or on First Post... Added songs to disco.. fixed some no draw issues... Fixed Spleef

ShoieP
14 Jan 2013, 07:59pm
Next update is now available... PR_Test_3.bsp (http://www.mediafire.com/?souvnhuho5oskd0) Download here or on First Post... Added songs to disco.. fixed some no draw issues... Fixed Spleef

Will test whenever not lazy. Please no awps kthx.

RedM00N
14 Jan 2013, 08:14pm
No awps in the armory is a big plus, and the "store" like layout it has adds a nice touch. Disco could use some more volume or a second sound entity imo.

Also if you're not already aware, you have a ladder that doesnt work (or at least it looks like it should be a ladder, since there is no other way up to that catwalk)

the ladder in question -> Steam Community :: Screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120481700)

Looking forward to its final release :3

Kubo
14 Jan 2013, 08:17pm
You mean because they can't get easy kills to rank whore?

omg i use an awp that means i'm a rank whore

Pet Rock
14 Jan 2013, 08:22pm
thx redmoon on the ladder must of missed that... sound is fine on my side but i will make sure to check it again and with some people... the main reason i did not add awps was cus im sick of crap cts getting knifed and giving Ts a free instant kill weapon... at least with scout you gotta aim for your instant kill... i may add like two awps in armoury to keep ppl happy... but def restricting or not adding them

RoverBot3
14 Jan 2013, 08:43pm
omg i use an awp that means i'm a rank whore
YOU FUCKING WHORE SLUT, no awps :D

ShoieP
14 Jan 2013, 09:57pm
Tested the map with Pet Rock. IMO, seems to be pretty good, needs quite a bit of tweaking though. I like it :thumb:

Pet Rock
15 Jan 2013, 06:20pm
I could not fine any Texture Packs that fit my "wants" for the map... so decided to go on google images for the next few days picking up images and editing in photoshop and converting to VMFs... :P

Doing pretty good so far... figured out how to make the VMFs make the textures better :)

Pet Rock
15 Jan 2013, 08:29pm
kk New Release... not much done... but I am Starting to retexture things and would like some Input on how the Textures look :)...

PR_Test_5.bsp (http://www.mediafire.com/?bdr3y9x9kv3dphc)

Currently 4 Custom Textures... Slowly Getting more as I find good Images on Google I can photoshop

BlackEagle
15 Jan 2013, 09:01pm
I suggest using textures from gamebanana. They not only have thousands but it could save you time editing textures through photoshop. You can essentially find any textures you want on there just by searching.

Just a suggestion!

Pet Rock
15 Jan 2013, 10:03pm
I suggest using textures from gamebanana. They not only have thousands but it could save you time editing textures through photoshop. You can essentially find any textures you want on there just by searching.

Just a suggestion!

Already Looked... all the Textures were way to high in file size... trying to keep my map a nice fast download... Plus Kinda fun editing em... and also I already looked at gamebanana... did not see anything that I liked :P

Pet Rock
16 Jan 2013, 06:20pm
Update 6 is now available.. I started to put in some of the Custom textures and I think it is starting to look pretty cool... please post what ya think!
Map File
PR_Test_6.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?bn77a6dehpiepp8\)
Screenshots
PR_ScreenShots.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?hls1a32m1l73du8)

Kippe
16 Jan 2013, 07:02pm
Why do you have make us download the screenshots? D:

Pet Rock
16 Jan 2013, 07:06pm
Why do you have make us download the screenshots? D:

Because I am EVIL!!!!!!!!

Bullet Wound
16 Jan 2013, 07:09pm
Seems like a pretty cool map.

Bit dark for my tastes, but we'll see how it looks in the end.

Also, RIP Jimmy.

BlackEagle
16 Jan 2013, 08:01pm
Because I am EVIL!!!!!!!!

Should just use the Steam Screenshots on your profile. Makes things 100x easier and you don't even have to worry about finding an upload site.

Pet Rock
16 Jan 2013, 08:33pm
I am going to take a little break from mapping and play on the servers a bit... so next update wont be out for a day or two

Pet Rock
17 Jan 2013, 09:03pm
PR_Test_7.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?m80v3aof1za3uj5)
Major Update just released... pretty much this is how the final release will look like... all I am doing now is Optimizing, getting the final textures in and fixing lighting... plus one more secret :)... will let ya guys keep wondering what that secret will be...

Also already fixed people being able to pull weapons from the armory from the wall outside...
The Cell Wallpaper texture glitch is also fixed...

RoverBot3
17 Jan 2013, 10:18pm
Just tested it, everything is looking sexy, if that map were a girl, i would continuously rape it until she became pleasured.

Pet Rock
17 Jan 2013, 10:23pm
Just tested it, everything is looking sexy, if that map were a girl, i would continuously rape it until she became pleasured.

ummm.... seek help rover.... seek help....

RoverBot3
17 Jan 2013, 10:47pm
ummm.... seek help rover.... seek help....

Fuck you I don't need help for this, just my addiction to cocaine.

Pet Rock
17 Jan 2013, 10:49pm
Fuck you I don't need help for this, just my addiction to cocaine.

and cocaine accesories

Caution
18 Jan 2013, 10:01am

Because awps are a quick way to shut down a rebellion (if used correctly). The 'people just kill for rank whoring' argument isn't very valid, because that's more or less breaking the rules, and they'd probably be prone to do that on any weapon. T's have about enough of an advantage in most maps as it is (amount of secret shit rooms, weapons, escape paths, etc), having awps is a pretty fair tradeoff.

Personally, in an awpless map, I'm going to be prone to be waaay stricter. If you do something requiring a warning shot, expect to get it in the chest, or even two of them. I can imagine other CT's will probably do the same thing, and they're going to be completely in the right. Doesn't really matter to me though tbh.

Also, terrible songs for a disco lol.

Pet Rock
18 Jan 2013, 10:52am
Because awps are a quick way to shut down a rebellion (if used correctly). The 'people just kill for rank whoring' argument isn't very valid, because that's more or less breaking the rules, and they'd probably be prone to do that on any weapon. T's have about enough of an advantage in most maps as it is (amount of secret shit rooms, weapons, escape paths, etc), having awps is a pretty fair tradeoff.

Personally, in an awpless map, I'm going to be prone to be waaay stricter. If you do something requiring a warning shot, expect to get it in the chest, or even two of them. I can imagine other CT's will probably do the same thing, and they're going to be completely in the right. Doesn't really matter to me though tbh.

Also, terrible songs for a disco lol.

I May add two awps to armoury but restricting them simply cus if there are lots of awps high chances Ts are going to get there hands on one... I am currently going to be working on lighting and textures... after that i will find some better disco songs... but do ya like it?

Caution
18 Jan 2013, 11:12am
I haven't looked at it yet. I will later.

Pet Rock
19 Jan 2013, 03:26pm
PR_Test_8.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?vsca8z49j017diq)

THIS IS THE FINAL VERSION!!!!(Mostly) All Secrets/Structures/Places are Set and ready for you to find them... The only things I will be changing are any no draw errors I find/testers find... any other Errors aswell... and maybe If some random ass idea pops up in my head and I decide to add (and maybe disco songs will change I donno yet though)

also fixing lighting

screenshot or demo any errors you find and i will fix

demonhazard
19 Jan 2013, 05:04pm
NO Awps! :d its about time

Pet Rock
19 Jan 2013, 05:09pm
http://www.mediafire.com/?e137wum0mjmfa1i

Update

working on lighting and finding better disco songs

Pet Rock
25 Jan 2013, 05:42pm
jb_petrocks_prisonvt0008.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?9qwz6aimjh22si7)

Final Version

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/map-suggestions-removals/51387-jb_petrocks_prison_v1-request.html#post647154 VOTE YES!!!