PDA

View Full Version : Thread for badboi787

XeNo
6 Jan 2013, 02:30pm
I'm making this thread for badboi787, he apparently kicked his computer and it doesn't start properly now, this is how he describes what he thinks is wrong:

badboi787: It was a harddrive problem which was giving me Biohd 8

He can't start up his computer, and can't reformat his harddrive because his harddrive isn't even being recognized by the computer anymore.

He wants to know if he needs to buy Windows 7 again since he can't reformat his harddrive, or if it should let him install it if he just buys a new harddrive.

Nishok
6 Jan 2013, 02:37pm
If he bought a pre-built PC, then there should be a sticker with the serial code of Windows7 on it. If so, then you can simply reinstall Win7 on a new drive and use that key.

If you have a legit CD from Win7, and the serial code is still on/in it, then you can reinstall too.

If you have no serial code, then obviously, no.

Jaffa
6 Jan 2013, 02:43pm
If he bought a pre-built PC, then there should be a sticker with the serial code of Windows7 on it. If so, then you can simply reinstall Win7 on a new drive and use that key.

If you have a legit CD from Win7, and the serial code is still on/in it, then you can reinstall too.

If you have no serial code, then obviously, no.

Needs to add bubblewrap to his pc case to avoid further kicks

XeNo
6 Jan 2013, 06:56pm
badboi787: Xeno, can u reply to that post in that thread saying can I reinstall in even although I haven't got the CD?
XeNo: Uhmm
XeNo: I don't think you can without the cd man
badboi787: Fridge f2frgyyftfgfd
badboi787: Post it anyway please

Nishok
6 Jan 2013, 07:20pm
badboi787: Xeno, can u reply to that post in that thread saying can I reinstall in even although I haven't got the CD?
XeNo: Uhmm
XeNo: I don't think you can without the cd man
badboi787: Fridge f2frgyyftfgfd
badboi787: Post it anyway please

CD only. Unless you can download an image of the same Win7 version, burn it onto a CD, install and enter your legal CD key.

I am not helping you obtaining that image tho, even if you are going to use a legal Cd key.

Harry
6 Jan 2013, 08:47pm
CD only. Unless you can download an image of the same Win7 version, burn it onto a CD, install and enter your legal CD key.

I am not helping you obtaining that image tho, even if you are going to use a legal Cd key.The CD image is basically "free" legally with how little Microsoft tries to hide it, anyways. :p They even have it posted on their public servers with no authentication for over a year now, it's weird.

BTW, you don't actually need a key until 31 days when you're installing. So you could borrow a reinstall DVD from a friend and then buy a key legally online within the next few weeks.

Pyro
7 Jan 2013, 04:05pm
He took raging to a whole new level.

beach
7 Jan 2013, 09:38pm
Why did my post get deleted without reason?

Nishok
7 Jan 2013, 09:41pm
Why did my post get deleted without reason?

Piracy/Warez = against our rules.

beach
7 Jan 2013, 09:43pm
Ugh.. alright then, I would think posting links to it would be more available to be a deleted post. I suppose that I'll not post about such a subject next time.

Tweezy
8 Jan 2013, 01:41am
You say he can't start up his computer, that is a little vague. Does the computer turn on? Does it hang at a certain point? Does a BIOS error come up saying a hard drive isn't recognised?

partyboi787
8 Jan 2013, 01:27pm
Hello, I'm at my fathers house so I finally have access to a computer that can actually access the forums (convo on my phone is being a piece of shite and mothers laptop wont allow me to go on forums). When Nishok means I cannot start the computer it means that when my harddrive was being recognized it was giving me "bootmgr is missing. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart." and now when it's not recognizing it it's just bringing up something about PCI-E. I took it into a repair shop today and it's going to be ready tomorrow. Hopefully he'll be able to fix it so I can use it again, if not, I'll try to come back to this thread again.

beach
8 Jan 2013, 01:38pm
All you had to do was re-install Windows, you get the message "bootmgr is missing" when there's a boot error from your hard drive.
I hope you didn't pay too much for the "repair" :S

Nishok
8 Jan 2013, 03:56pm
All you had to do was re-install Windows, you get the message "bootmgr is missing" when there's a boot error from your hard drive.
I hope you didn't pay too much for the "repair" :S

Or just repair your missing/corrupted files with windows cd, lol

partyboi787
9 Jan 2013, 10:19am
Just came back from the repair shop, he replaced the harddrive and everything is good now. Feel free to lock this thread.