PDA

View Full Version : Paching's Video Issues

Paching
9 Dec 2011, 08:36am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Video Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
My friend What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Motherboard maybe? Please state your problem here
A few weeks ago I booted up my PC only to get "No Signal" now I can get a signal when I plug my monitor into my motherboard but not my graphics card.

I tried re-seating the RAM etc but I presumed it was just that the graphics card had died but now that I have a new graphics card the problem stays so any help?

Labarr
9 Dec 2011, 09:24am
If you have a new video card and it STILL wont work Im going to say its the PCI slot on your motherboard that is dead. Is the MB under warranty?

One way to defiantly make sure it isn't the graphics card is to install it in a different computer and see if it works in there...

But yea im pretty sure its ur MB

Paching
9 Dec 2011, 09:31am
I don't believe so due to it being a few years ago since it was built but I will check with my friend just to be sure.

EDIT: Also the graphics card fan is still spinning after I boot up if that makes much of a difference.

Shadowex3
11 Dec 2011, 05:57am
"no signal" or "signal out of range"? The former means your monitor's not detecting a signal, the latter means that the resolution/refresh rate combo isn't compatible with your monitor.