PDA

View Full Version : Why join the Stormcloaks? Because the Empire tried to execute you?

Cromyth
27 Nov 2011, 05:59pm
Ridiculous. In the other games you started out of a prisoner as well. Hell, in Oblivion you were locked in a dungeon in the Imperial City, apparently "left to rot in there", according to an ill-tempered Dark Elf. The only reason you escaped was because the Emperor happened to use your cell as an emergency exit, and when the guards told you not to follow them you did so anyway. When they found you again they were literally going to kill you on the spot because they thought you were a spy. Yet, what do you do? You serve the Empire, unwaveringly, swearing your allegiance to a group that protects the Emperor with their lives.

So, why are so many people against supporting the Empire in this game? How can you say that the Empire, picking you up with a troupe of separatists who committed treason, is 100% wrong to execute you? Under the circumstances, it is entirely understandable. But you know what happens? A dragon attacks and a captain in the legion helps you escape with your life. He suggests you join up with the Empire to bring peace to Skyrim, something that every single citizen of the realm wants. They don't give a shit about Stormcloaks, or the Empire, they just don't want another fucking war, especially among humans.

So how can you say, on the grounds that you were a prisoner sentenced to death, that you shouldn't support the Empire, given that is how all the other games begin as well? The Stormcloaks are a group of barbarian racists, who want Skyrim to be home for only Nords. They don't trust any non-human race... at all. They hate Imperials, obviously, and Redguard they don't like either. The only other human race they don't completely mistrust are the Bretons, but High Rock is still a protectorate of the Empire, and the Breton aren't a race to side with warmongering racists. It literally makes no sense to be a Stormcloak unless you are roleplaying as a retarded Nord brute.

The Stormcloak Rebellion is for hippies and 99%ers

Zeke
27 Nov 2011, 06:04pm
My friend, you must have been butthurt blindely by the Imperials. Join the Stormcloaks on the minecraft server and we will help you towards your recovery from those Dark Elf fiends!

Im a Jackass
27 Nov 2011, 06:14pm
I joined the empire due to the fact they are called the empire so I thought I would get stoem trooper armor but that was a lie

Zeke
27 Nov 2011, 06:17pm
I joined the empire due to the fact they are called the empire so I thought I would get stoem trooper armor but that was a lie

Wait for someone with a Star Wars fetish and modding capabilities and thou shall have it.

harro
27 Nov 2011, 06:17pm
Because tall, blond, muscular men are fucking irresistible?

Im a Jackass
27 Nov 2011, 06:22pm
Because tall, blond, muscular men are fucking irresistible?

that they are humm gets me all weird inside when I see men

Jazzyy
27 Nov 2011, 06:22pm
Because Imperials are just as racist as the Nords? You think the Empire gives two fucking shits about the Nords and traditions? Fuck that bro, let's introduce politics and force your workers to abide by OUR law.
The entire idea behind the stormcloaks isn't "fuck da man xD!" it's, "get the fuck out of here this is our land, you have no reason to be here"
the nords had traditions, had honor. and for that very REASON they hate the empire, the empire itself is a cowardice, a fucking dog with his tail between his legs. the thalmor was decimating the empire in the war, and the empire, the political beast of the elder scrolls, cries. they hope to not suffer defeat by abiding to the rules of the thalmor. the nords are exactly the opposite, they would NEVER cease their worship of the gods, the empire means for human rule to go out with a wimper, while the nords believe in going out with a bang.

The nords fought hard for the land against the snow elves (who were actually kind of the bad guys because you know, they killed a shitload of humans for no fucking apparent reason other than "well shit you guys are making a ton of babbies"), and for allowing the elves to come right the fuck back in? disgraceful, the empire is weak, and should never be allowed to truly rule skyrim, less it simply be traded off like they traded off markarth to the stormcloaks on a fucking whim

Cromyth
27 Nov 2011, 06:35pm
Only reason to join the Stormcloaks is if you're a Nord. If you're not they pretty much tell you that you're not going to be allowed here, but thanks for the help and all.

A young teenage Nord was about to finish her first year at the College of Winterhold. She considered herself to be a very strong supporter of the Empire, but her father was a rather staunch Stormcloak.
One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to the empire and dark elves. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school.She answered that she had learned tons of spells but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.
He asked, "How is your friend Maeva." She replied that Maeva was barely getting by. She had hardly learned any spells, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time. Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.
Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Archmage's office and ask why she couldn't take a few spells out of her spellbook and give it to her friend. That way they would both have an equal amount of spells.
The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Maeva has done nothing".The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Stormcloaks".

Jazzyy
27 Nov 2011, 06:42pm
Only reason to join the Stormcloaks is if you're a Nord. If you're not they pretty much tell you that you're not going to be allowed here, but thanks for the help and all.

and what, if the empire takes control.. you think the imperials won't get a leg up? you think the empire are the good guys and are going to treat errrrryyybooddddyyy fairly? fuck no, the empire, like i said, gives NO shits about the nords, or anyone who isn't a fucking imperial scumbag. you think if you go up to the high elf's home country and be a fucking nord they're going to NOT be racist? it's the same with every fucking race

Im a Jackass
27 Nov 2011, 06:52pm
are you guys really righting over a game and its logic?

Cromyth
27 Nov 2011, 06:56pm
and what, if the empire takes control.. you think the imperials won't get a leg up? you think the empire are the good guys and are going to treat errrrryyybooddddyyy fairly? fuck no, the empire, like i said, gives NO shits about the nords, or anyone who isn't a fucking imperial scumbag. you think if you go up to the high elf's home country and be a fucking nord they're going to NOT be racist? it's the same with every fucking race

The Imperials controlled Skyrim for a while and there was peace until Ulfric got all butthurt about not being treated as an "equal" and killed the Jarl of Solitude. He is a terrorist and the Stormcloaks are his pawns. Ulfric should be killed and his lackeys should be crushed, ALL HAIL THE EMPEROR

Nah I just posted this for laughs because I saw it on another forum

Jazzyy
27 Nov 2011, 06:56pm

yes it's called philosophy, because as you may not know, this game has a fucking story with multiple sides. that's like going to a book club and asking why people argue about atlus shrugs, i mean, it's just a book, right?

Zeke
27 Nov 2011, 07:56pm
Well one of the main reasons I joined the stormcloaks is because in the other games it was known as the "Nine Divines", not the "Eight Divines." Fucking elf bitches wanna fuck up history let them take my bow and sword.

ScubaToaster
27 Nov 2011, 08:48pm
To quote Tullius "You Nords and your damn sense of honor and tradition."
=]

PotshotPolka
28 Nov 2011, 05:07am
We need solidarity among the Terran proletariat. We must overcome the reactionary Imperials and the threat of enslavement by the fascist Thalmor. Glory to the revolutionary stormcloaks.

Also, I killed the Emperor during the Dark Brotherhood quests, so, like, kinda hard to turn back now.

Nasu
28 Nov 2011, 05:18am
Because I can

Farmer Mick
28 Nov 2011, 05:20am
the only reason i went with stormcloaks is beacuse i hated solitude and i already completed the main quest

also as potshot said killed the emperor

P.S. FUCK DA POLICE

Banana Joe
28 Nov 2011, 08:55am
Wanted to try something different, as you were with the empire(kind of) in oblivion. Gonna go with the empire on my next character.

Farmer Mick
28 Nov 2011, 11:30am
so i sided with the stormcloaks and defeated the empire yet i was playing earlier killed an empire courier and got a 40g fine

wtf

Psyche
28 Nov 2011, 11:31am
I am neutral, But I kill every thalmor I see.

Movement
1 Dec 2011, 04:25pm
We need solidarity among the Terran proletariat. We must overcome the reactionary Imperials and the threat of enslavement by the fascist Thalmor. Glory to the revolutionary stormcloaks.

Also, I killed the Emperor during the Dark Brotherhood quests, so, like, kinda hard to turn back now.

I still joined the Imperials after I killed the Emperor because I don't like Ulfric.

Elfbarf
1 Dec 2011, 06:35pm
I'm a bit disappointed at how little difference your race has on the story, I joined the Stormcloaks as a Wood Elf and Ulfric didn't really seem too concerned.

"You're an elf? Oh, well that's cool I guess"

Unnamed Newbie
3 Dec 2011, 03:12pm
I fought with the Imperials just because Ulfric was mean to me o.O

Revolution18
3 Dec 2011, 04:22pm
I joined the Stormcloaks but i mean look at my name always a rebel!