PDA

View Full Version : zm_atix_extinction_sgedit

Bill Smauz
13 May 2008, 09:09pm
I have recently talked to ATIX for permission to make my own version of extinction. He nicely has granted me permission thus I have started.

My version of extinction will produce more teamplay and gameplay than the other version. Here is the order of escape:

Players are surrounded by nothing but a wasteland of desert starting at an old abandoned warehouse.

Players will then make there way to an abandoned fortress and hold there for 2 minutes again the zombie horde.

The bus will activate and players must jump on the bus and ride it back to the warehouse.

The bus will crash through a window and players must climb up to the second level of the warehouse and defend until the roof of the warehouse is available.

Once the door opens to the roof players must hurry up the ladders and defend until the helicopter comes to save them.

The nuke will launch killing anyone not on the helicopter.

SATAN
13 May 2008, 09:31pm
Hmmmm sounds like a nice edit.

A little more fun than having 25 people camping the pyramid....

Jaffa
14 May 2008, 06:11am
so your switching it back to the previous version, with the bus model instead of the train?

Bill Smauz
14 May 2008, 07:33am
so your switching it back to the previous version, with the bus model instead of the train?

More than that. There will be no pyramid and you must be on the bus and drive back to the warehouse. Once you get to the roof of the warehouse you must defend until the helicopter comes.

I am making this map from scratch and will be only taking a few prefabs from the real extinction.

Jaffa
14 May 2008, 08:31am
okay that sounds cool then, so its gonna be much more than a simple edit!

will there be a disco room? :D

MasterkennyG
14 May 2008, 05:21pm
o there better be a dico room to atix extingtion lol:rlol:

Tcp-Kill
15 May 2008, 01:17am
Well, im a sortof fan of the old one

the one looking friggen sweet

gl bill

Jewbot
15 May 2008, 01:57am
Personally, it sounds like Extinction is being turned in to just another plain escape map.

At least with the old one, there was a little bit a variety from the standard boat escape type escape maps.

True, zombies may be at a little disadvantage in the old one, but the same can be said for a great many of the other maps.

As long as it offers something new and exciting, I'll support it.

Needs more disco room.

True Twinkie
15 May 2008, 08:12pm
True, zombies may be at a little disadvantage in the old one, but the same can be said for a great many of the other maps.

A little disadvantage? More like a huge disadvantage :sad:. Only time zombies have an advantage is when a few people people camp on the pyramid and everyone that goes to the Heli/Train gets zombified which is VERY unlikely to happen.

Sounds like an interesting edit Bill; looking forward on playing it :cool:

Jewbot
15 May 2008, 08:48pm
A little disadvantage? More like a huge disadvantage :sad:. Only time zombies have an advantage is when a few people people camp on the pyramid and everyone that goes to the Heli/Train gets zombified which is VERY unlikely to happen.

If you know what you're doing as a zombie, there's a very simple way to deal with humans on the pyramid. :001_smile:

Jaffa
15 May 2008, 09:03pm
i still think back to the origional atix_extinction, where there was no nuke, and it was much simpler times.

Was a great zombie hunting map then, and after the zombie hunters and hillside campers eventually got zombied, there would be a mass human defence of the big hill, followed by a mad scramble into the false safety of the helicopter, from which they would be trapped and killed :D