PDA

View Full Version : c0bra067's Other Issues(please be detailed)

c0bra067
27 Oct 2011, 02:04pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Spybot S&D, Hijack This, Adaware Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Lenovo What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
L512 Please state your problem here
Last semester I was studying for an exam on my laptop and this screen (shown in attachment) came up. Had to turn off by holding down power button. Didn't happen again until a few weeks later during the semester, and then it sporadically happened sometimes once a week, sometimes twice a day. Got home from school for the summer and didn't really touch my computer at all. Completely re-bricked it and started from a clean slate for this semester. Didn't get any problems with it... until today. Happened twice in the past hour.

If it matters, if i push the power button it beeps loudly when I'm trying to shut it down.

Chaoz`
27 Oct 2011, 02:53pm
the gfx card is fried, those are the well-known Artifacts, if you get those, you're fucked and need to replace the gfx card if possible

c0bra067
28 Oct 2011, 12:36pm
i have the i3, so from what i can tell the graphics card and the processor are one unit. are they two separate entities in one product or is this a larger issue? not sure how the finite details of how integrated graphics works.

Chaoz`
28 Oct 2011, 02:10pm
i think the best hing to do is take it back to where you bought it, cuz getting those things on your screen isn't healthy

Shadowex3
28 Oct 2011, 06:29pm
Looks like overheating or fried graphics cards to me.