PDA

View Full Version : main.cpl is wrinkling my brain

Bob Loblaw
22 Oct 2011, 02:28am
So, I have an AutoHotKey (ahk) script that I want to use to enable/disable my mousepad (There is no option for me to "disable when external mouse detected".. Trust me I've looked), and it's the only thing people ever suggest (from all the googling I've done). So I've been looking for a macro replacement for it and I have a script that will/should do it.

The problem is, in the script it uses this command:
Run main.cpl ;Open Mouse Properties

Looks fine and dandy, after all, when I run it through console (or go to it through control panel directly), it opens up mouse properties like it's supposed to. But when the script does it it opens up a completely different window that I can't seem to access any other way. The script opens up the window on the left, and doing it ANY other way opens up the one on the right (I need it to open the one on the right). Does anybody have any ideas why it does it?

http://i.imgur.com/A0jto.png

You'll notice both are Mouse Properties windows... But the one on the right actually has a tab for my touchpad, and the one on the left has nothing... My script will work properly if it opens the one on the right, but I can't figure out how to do it..

Chaoz`
22 Oct 2011, 06:43am
isn't the window on the right the driver software for your MS WL mouse itself, the driver that you installed extra to get your mouse configurated and the window on the left the Properties that comes with Windows OS'es?

so can't you just replace the name of the MS driver with the 1 on the left? if you found out the name that is.

Bob Loblaw
22 Oct 2011, 10:45am
That is the driver for my mouse in specific, but it added itself to my original Mouse Properties screen. The one on the right has always been the original mouse properties window (but when I installed mouse drivers it just added that screen).

Chaoz`
22 Oct 2011, 05:09pm
the weird thing is when i open my mouse properties i get the window on the left and not the right 1.

sense it makes none.

Bob Loblaw
22 Oct 2011, 07:07pm
I figured it out. Even running as admin didn't fix it, but you need to run it as your account so it's running with the touchpad drivers.
RunAs, User, Password is what I used.