PDA

View Full Version : sebak's General Game Issues

sebak
15 Oct 2011, 06:09am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
i think so Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
i did What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
wha? Please state your problem here
So i had this issue for about a week or 2. and i im not sure what caused it. but basicly my game would freeze or hand for a couple of seconds every few mins. this is for css. for tf2 it would freeze for more like 20 secs but thats like every 10 mins. i have no clue if its my cpu/video card/hdd or just something wrong with my game files.

i had the nvidia beta driver for bf3 beta. but i did a rollback of the drivers and still.

my cpu was oc and i restored to default bios settings and still.

i need some help please.

minx_snipes
15 Oct 2011, 07:15am
This has happened to me before on other games, i think its ur processor, i dont think its good enough to handle it.

I know ur have played it before, but updates cause some problems in games.

Tweezy
15 Oct 2011, 08:46am
Can you try running the games in single player? (Against bots) want to see if it's either a hardware or network related issue.

Silva
15 Oct 2011, 11:02am
you can trying changing launch options to include -threads 1 +mat_queue_mode 0

Also maybe defrag CSS/TF2 in steam.

Another option is to rename your steamapps and see if that helps, not really sure what your prob is, if none of this helps can you get more specific with specs.

sebak
15 Oct 2011, 05:43pm
will defrag and try single player i guess. though im sure its hardware or software problem. since whenever it freezes it will repeat the same sound over and over again like before a game crashes.

and minx i have a i7 920 im sure it can handle css :)

not sure if its related but my flashplayer seems to be crashing often when watching youtube videos.

edit: defrag didnt do shit. and too lazy to play sp.

Tweezy
17 Oct 2011, 09:03am
will defrag and try single player i guess. though im sure its hardware or software problem. since whenever it freezes it will repeat the same sound over and over again like before a game crashes.

and minx i have a i7 920 im sure it can handle css :)

not sure if its related but my flashplayer seems to be crashing often when watching youtube videos.

edit: defrag didnt do shit. and too lazy to play sp.

Ah ok, can I have the full specs please? RAM - Amount, GPU, PSU, Mobo etc.

sebak
17 Oct 2011, 10:10am
motherboard - asus p6x58d premium
ram - 3x2gb Corsair Dominantor
psu - Corsair 850 watt txV2
gpu - bfg gtx 295
hdd - Intel x-25 ssd & wd green

think it may be my hdd. since sometimes it opens really slow when i open the wd drive. which has my games on it.

Tweezy
17 Oct 2011, 04:18pm
motherboard - asus p6x58d premium
ram - 3x2gb Corsair Dominantor
psu - Corsair 850 watt txV2
gpu - bfg gtx 295
hdd - Intel x-25 ssd & wd green

think it may be my hdd. since sometimes it opens really slow when i open the wd drive. which has my games on it.

Is ur SSD Sata or PCI.E?

sebak
17 Oct 2011, 10:14pm
ssd is sata. though that has just windows on it. and some programs. my other hd is where i have my games. well i just bought a gtx 580. and a new hdd. ill prly take out the cpu and put it back in. and hopefully it will all run fine.

Tweezy
18 Oct 2011, 01:00am
ssd is sata. though that has just windows on it. and some programs. my other hd is where i have my games. well i just bought a gtx 580. and a new hdd. ill prly take out the cpu and put it back in. and hopefully it will all run fine.

What temperature does ur CPU/GPU get when gaming?

sebak
18 Oct 2011, 08:22am
around 60C

i think its this same problem again. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/tech-support-bucket/49693-sebaks-operating-system-errors.html

ill try playing only with only 2 stick of memory. and just swap each out if the problem continues.