PDA

View Full Version : Nico Nico + FUNimation

Metal
14 Oct 2011, 09:09pm
Niconico Anime Channel - niconico.com (http://www.niconico.com/anime)

Cool.

Bullet Wound
15 Oct 2011, 12:59am
Niconico Anime Channel - niconico.com (http://www.niconico.com/anime)

Cool.

And it's cool....why?

I don't get what this is about.

2DG
15 Oct 2011, 05:12am
And it's cool....why?

I don't get what this is about.
Neither do I.
I have this feeling this is something only one whom watches as much as FM would get.

Metal
15 Oct 2011, 07:10am
Nico Nico is a anime streaming site and anime related video site.
Think youtube for anime.

Basically, Nico Nico has contracts with Anime Company's to stream live the day of.
Funimation has a partnership where we are now able to watch these sim-casts

2DG
15 Oct 2011, 07:23am
Think youtube for anime.

Basically, Nico Nico has contracts with Anime Company's to stream live the day of.
Okaay, but usually I don't watch the episodes straightaway as they air. I wait till the subs. >.<

Metal
15 Oct 2011, 07:44am
Okaay, but usually I don't watch the episodes straightaway as they air. I wait till the subs. >.<

-.- They provide legal subs of their work.

2DG
15 Oct 2011, 07:51am
-.- They provide legal subs of their work.
Still I don't care because usually shit airs at (for me) inconvinient times.

Bullet Wound
15 Oct 2011, 02:53pm
Think youtube for anime.

So in short Anime companies are finally realizing they have a market in NA and are trying to bring it over to here?

I don't really care about the day-of airing (because as far as I know most sites only take 1-3 days to translate and stream it themselves). But if what i said first is true then it could lead to some big changes.

Of course there's always the possibility that NicoNico is going to try and shut down all other anime streaming sites to create a monopoly.

2DG
16 Oct 2011, 04:34am
So in short Anime companies are finally realizing they have a market in NA and are trying to bring it over to here?

I don't really care about the day-of airing (because as far as I know most sites only take 1-3 days to translate and stream it themselves). But if what i said first is true then it could lead to some big changes.

Of course there's always the possibility that NicoNico is going to try and shut down all other anime streaming sites to create a monopoly.
What would be the point in that, I think not many people will prefer that site anyway. If all other streaming sites would be shut down I'd simply download.

Metal
16 Oct 2011, 07:38am
What would be the point in that, I think not many people will prefer that site anyway. If all other streaming sites would be shut down I'd simply download.

Thats not the point behind it.
I'm using it now simply because nico nico is a great site and funimation well, its fine.

2DG
16 Oct 2011, 11:28pm
Thats not the point behind it.
I'm using it now simply because nico nico is a great site and funimation well, its fine.
Well, I still don't really get the point behind it so...
I'll just keep watching like I used to do. Streamed on watchanimeon.com or animefreak.tv. ^^