PDA

View Full Version : Cain's 9-9-9 Plan

Elfbarf
11 Oct 2011, 02:16pm
Bruce Bartlett: Inside the Cain Tax Plan - NYTimes.com (http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/11/inside-the-cain-tax-plan/)

Yet somehow this guy has been winning polls.

Harpr33t
11 Oct 2011, 05:25pm
Its simple, the GOP want to steal the black vote and here's their man

Jimbo
11 Oct 2011, 05:32pm
Personally think the only reason he is leading is the polls is that he is the only one with an actual plan, when the others get a plan or he says something dum he will drop down.

Harpr33t
11 Oct 2011, 09:10pm
Personally think the only reason he is leading is the polls is that he is the only one with an actual plan, when the others get a plan or he says something dum he will drop down.

Too late

In a recent interview with a US television network, Cain said, "When they ask me who's the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, I'm going to say 'You know, I don't know. Do you know?' And then I'm going to say, 'How's that going to create one job?'"

Jazzyy
11 Oct 2011, 10:09pm
set up a diplomatic office in the ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan and you have created quite a few government jobs

dolph1n
12 Oct 2011, 07:33pm
Source on that interview PLEASE.

deige101
14 Oct 2011, 08:19am
Ron Paul Dartmouth Debate Highlights, With Herman Cain On FED - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWein3Wlyw)

Harpr33t
14 Oct 2011, 10:29am
Source on that interview PLEASE.

Herman Cain's Foreign Policy, in One Word: 'Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan' (http://gawker.com/5848332/)

Fartingo
15 Oct 2011, 11:40am
Its simple, the GOP want to steal the black vote and here's their man

Of course. After all, black people are incapable of making their own decisions, letting alone running for president on their own, right? It's not like he worked his ass off to become as successful as he is now in a time where the concept of affirmative action didn't exist. Nope, those racist-ass Republicans are at it again.

Jazzyy
15 Oct 2011, 01:30pm
Of course. After all, black people are incapable of making their own decisions, letting alone running for president on their own, right? It's not like he worked his ass off to become as successful as he is now in a time where the concept of affirmative action didn't exist. Nope, those racist-ass Republicans are at it again.

except the republicans ARE racist, this guy is like a prime-a example. ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan? what the fuck.

Fartingo
15 Oct 2011, 02:24pm
The Uzbekistan remark is the 'prime-A' example? Sure, Cain has some things that made me a little unsure, mostly about gays and Muslims (and don't pull that "typical (http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5468093/k.BE4C/Home.htm) Republican (http://www.muslimrepublicans.net/)" shit on me), but I'm pretty confident he just meant that the most important qualifications for the 2012 election should be economic know-how rather than foreign policy toward obscure Central Asian countries.

BlackEagle
16 Oct 2011, 08:41am
except the republicans ARE racist, this guy is like a prime-a example. ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan? what the fuck.

That is a pretty ignorant statement. It's one thing if you don't agree with a political party but its another to completely downgrade them by calling the racist. I take offense to that.

Harpr33t
16 Oct 2011, 10:16am
Well you have to admit the GOP was stirring the pot by spreading rumors against Obama when he was running which were racist. Not to mention all this bullshit about a birth certificate and his college record lol.

slaminsalmon
21 Oct 2011, 04:16am
Seeing the US go back to such conservative values is beyond me. It discourages me that people like Cain, Bachman can even be in these sort of polls. Yes they may be influential people in society, however this Cain guy is a businessman, to my knowledge, he didn't study politics and has little to no experience.

Sometimes in Quebec (french province of Canada) I get mad because we are too hard on our own politicians and their background. After seeing what is going on in the United States, I couldn't be happier to live in Canada. Even though we have Harper in state, I'm pretty convinced that is going to change soon.

deige101
21 Oct 2011, 05:21am
Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity? (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/herman-cain-999-sim-city_n_1008952.html)

zero
21 Oct 2011, 10:57am

This. I think its admirable that he actually does have a plan (not that I agree with it). Our current system is too fucking complicated as it stands. However, lets assume that we do adopt his plan. With the way government works, I'd think that in about 4 years or so, Cains 9-9-9 plan would eventually morph into a 9-9.2-9(2),4-5,7,12-12-10-14.4<30-18<20-19>40,30000-50-123.4-2-6-5-1-2.3,ref 104.3-3,6, up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, b, b, a, a plan.

Elfbarf
21 Oct 2011, 11:33am
This. I think its admirable that he actually does have a plan (not that I agree with it). Our current system is too fucking complicated as it stands. However, lets assume that we do adopt his plan. With the way government works, I'd think that in about 4 years or so, Cains 9-9-9 plan would eventually morph into a 9-9.2-9(2),4-5,7,12-12-10-14.4<30-18<20-19>40,30000-50-123.4-2-6-5-1-2.3,ref 104.3-3,6, up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, b, b, a, a plan.

He actually has a few (3?) phases planned, eventually just leading to a flat 30% sales tax.

BlackEagle
21 Oct 2011, 01:34pm
Seeing the US go back to such conservative values is beyond me. It discourages me that people like Cain, Bachman can even be in these sort of polls. Yes they may be influential people in society, however this Cain guy is a businessman, to my knowledge, he didn't study politics and has little to no experience.

Sometimes in Quebec (french province of Canada) I get mad because we are too hard on our own politicians and their background. After seeing what is going on in the United States, I couldn't be happier to live in Canada. Even though we have Harper in state, I'm pretty convinced that is going to change soon.

Which is why many people like him because they want someone with real experience in the business world instead of just another politician making promises.

Jazzyy
21 Oct 2011, 03:20pm
That is a pretty ignorant statement. It's one thing if you don't agree with a political party but its another to completely downgrade them by calling the racist. I take offense to that.

The Uzbekistan remark is the 'prime-A' example? Sure, Cain has some things that made me a little unsure, mostly about gays and Muslims (and don't pull that "typical (http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5468093/k.BE4C/Home.htm) Republican (http://www.muslimrepublicans.net/)" shit on me), but I'm pretty confident he just meant that the most important qualifications for the 2012 election should be economic know-how rather than foreign policy toward obscure Central Asian countries.

you're right, the republicans are definitely not racist in any way shape or form.

slaminsalmon
21 Oct 2011, 04:28pm
Which is why many people like him because they want someone with real experience in the business world instead of just another politician making promises.

There is more to politics than just money.

Elfbarf
21 Oct 2011, 04:38pm

That's the thing, he has experience running multi-million dollar corporations and most likely has their interests in mind, not the country's. That and he lacks ANY foreign relations experience, something that is VERY important for the president to have. Jon Huntsman was the US Ambassador to China for several years (and Singapore back in the 90s) and actually has his own policies (unlike most of the other GOP candidates) as well as being more moderate then the rest of the GOP which would give him a much better chance against Obama. Unfortunately, he lacks the funding/media attention necessary to do well in the polls. That and he actually believes in science, something that Tea Party supporters hate.