Anyone seen it?

VirDeBello
12 May 2008, 02:13am
Really good movie.

Anyone seen it?

Whats it aboot?:confused1:

GMan
12 May 2008, 03:53am
Is it the Film about some rich ass mofo who just graduated from college and hates his mom and dad and then this old fart wants to adopt him becasuse he has no siblings to carry on his family name and the rich ass mofo who graduated from from college who hates his mom and dad says something like "we'll talk about it when i come back" which is quite ironic because he dies... :blink:

If so, it sucked big time.

'BEANIE
12 May 2008, 04:27pm
No it was amazing.

It's about some guy that has money and graduated some good college and shit, but he let's it all go to try to survive in the wild, to find the truth in things.

I'm really bad at explaining things, I'll just paste a summary.

"A young man leaves his middle class existence in pursuit of freedom from relationships and obligation. Giving up his home, family, all possessions but the few he carried on his back and donating all his savings to charity Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch) embarks on a journey throughout America. His eventual aim is to travel into Alaska, into the wild, to spend time with nature, with 'real' existence, away from the trappings of the modern world. In the 20 months leading up to his Great Alaskan Adventure his travels lead him on a path of self-discovery, to examine and appreciate the world around him and to reflect on and heal from his troubled childhood and parents' sordid and abusive relationship. When he reaches Alaska he finds he has been insufficiently prepared for the hardships to come. Despite making it through the winter his plan is ill-judged and prepares to return home in spring, only to find the stream he crossed in the snow has become an impassable raging torrent and that he is trapped. With no means of sustaining himself adequately he eventually starves to death in his so sought after isolation. Throughout his epic journey the people he meets both influence and are influenced by the person he is and bring him to the eventual and tragic realisation that "Happiness is only real when shared"."

Modgers1
12 May 2008, 06:38pm
I saw it a few months ago. Really good movie. Opened my eyes about being less materialistic and such.

-Modgers

Paladin
12 May 2008, 06:50pm
I believe it was the movie I watched in my botany class. It's the one where Leonardo DiCaprio changes his names to Alexander Supertramp? If so, then yeah it was a good movie.

'BEANIE
12 May 2008, 07:49pm
It was actually Emile Hirsch XD

Paladin
13 May 2008, 05:56pm
Emile Hirsch...Leonardo..no difference to me they both look alike.