PDA

View Full Version : remove custom content in an effort to get players

Jazzyy
22 Sep 2011, 08:34pm
servers been died for like the last week, i know school and whatnot probably kills it but the least we could do is rearming maps to remove ak and possibly trying to get back the vanilla crew, i'd like to see the server but i've played an upwards of half an hour with bigjohn, fanatiik, elfbarf, bamf, etc and we never get more players than 1-2.

Harry
22 Sep 2011, 08:35pm
I stopped playing for the most part because the dedi is a piece of shit. Not that many downloads, it just sucks when you can't talk to anyone and crashes all the time.

Im a Jackass
22 Sep 2011, 09:22pm
the server got full like 2 days ago just takes a bit of time but it is weird that its always so non full any more :(

Elfbarf
22 Sep 2011, 09:28pm
I stopped playing for the most part because the dedi is a piece of shit. Not that many downloads, it just sucks when you can't talk to anyone and crashes all the time.

This. The server's popularity mainly declined because it's very unstable though I think changing back to vanilla or 1-hit knife would attract more players. We label our server as Custom which quite a few people aren't fond of at all yet we hardly have any custom content to appeal to the people who actually like it. The pain station is fun to use against pubs but most players on the server will never fall for it. AKs are just overpowered, there's no way around that.

Also, another issue is that most of the time when I try to start up the server, a random RDMer connects and sometimes I'm unable to get an admin on to do anything about it. I generally post a player complaint (which gets them banned a day or two later) but end up getting fed up and leaving afterwards, generally resulting in the server dying. I still fail to see why I'm not worthy of being given a chance; I'm active (something that most admins aren't), know the policies, and you're fully capable of removing my admin if I abuse it at all. I'm aware that I'm not the most popular guy in SG but that shouldn't play any role in whether I should get admin or not.

Golden Shower
23 Sep 2011, 11:35am

This...

The random server lag is VERY obnoxious, and when it crashes for no reason, it pisses me, and others, right off. We for sure need better dedis. But I understand the whole funding issue, which is why MC isn't up, amongst other servers, but whenever we do get the funds, it'd be nice to have a decent dedi.

This. The server's popularity mainly declined because it's very unstable though I think changing back to vanilla or 1-hit knife would attract more players. We label our server as Custom which quite a few people aren't fond of at all yet we hardly have any custom content to appeal to the people who actually like it. The pain station is fun to use against pubs but most players on the server will never fall for it. AKs are just overpowered, there's no way around that.

aaaaaand this.

Either we get started on adding some nice things, such as, like TMP and wall mines for traitor, and some Detective items, like a shotgun I saw this one time that doesn't do much damage, but makes the target's blood yellow, amongst other D items, or I suggest we go back to vanilla with 1-hit knife, and remove the Custom tag.

As Elf also stated with the RDMers, we don't usually have an Admin in there as well, and when an RDMer joins and does his/her thing, it just ruins the server. I suggest admins frequent that server a bit more.

Metal
23 Sep 2011, 04:05pm
restart, new guns, same t weps, new maps

Elfbarf
23 Sep 2011, 04:54pm
Just had some ridiculous lag out of nowhere, only had 9 people on borders, there's no excuse for having such shitty service. Why do we pay for this?

Im a Jackass
24 Sep 2011, 11:51am
If people start playing TTT more Ill be on it alot more than jail. Jail is just getting retarded

SexualHarassmentPanda
24 Sep 2011, 12:20pm
I still have time during school, but playing on a server with 0-10 people with a shitty host that every once in a while makes voice chat completely impossible doesn't seem like a good use of time to me.

Elfbarf
24 Sep 2011, 12:44pm
If people start playing TTT more Ill be on it alot more than jail. Jail is just getting retarded

But I LOVE camping in towers with an AWP!

Bad Dog
24 Sep 2011, 12:49pm
Yes, removing the custom content on the server to get back to the Vanilla setting would help. The AK is utter shit. Its the most over powered gun on the damn server, and the fact that its still on the server is just pathetic.

The painstation, while a nice idea, is just too under used. That, and its very avoidable.

And as for the lag, when people have populated the server the past week, I rarely get bad lag (though it does happen). What I DO get, however, is massive rage from horrible fucking hit boxes. I know this has been a long time complaint, but god dammit, they've gotten worse, I swear.

In short: hey Spartan, where u @ ?.

Nasu
24 Sep 2011, 12:57pm
I've stopped playing TTT mostly because of the hitboxes, dunno if theyre changed from the past but they sure piss me off more these days.

bamfers
24 Sep 2011, 07:55pm
I just avoid TTT because of the Mic lag and shit. Makes me more likely to rdm more.. :thumb:

Elfbarf
24 Sep 2011, 08:13pm
I just avoid TTT because of the Mic lag and shit. Makes me more likely to rdm more.. :thumb:

I haven't really had too many issues with mic lag since I messed with myinfo_bytes, may want to try it out.
Temporary fix for "Buffer overflow in net message" (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/718575)

Nasu
25 Sep 2011, 03:28am
I haven't really had too many issues with mic lag since I messed with myinfo_bytes, may want to try it out.
Temporary fix for "Buffer overflow in net message" (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/718575)

myinfo_bytes 8192 doesnt fix it completely and it probably isn't clientside anyway

Spartan
26 Sep 2011, 04:19pm
I reinstalled the server, I dunno if it will help. (It better it takes a while to configure right)

Pain station and AK-47 removed. I think the ak's are in the rearm text files but the actual swep isn't there so it shouldn't spawn. No downloads other than the cache file and the map.

Knife was always 1 hit kill. Health station is 25 per heal as before as well.

I am a busy guy, you'll have to wait a while now since I got uni too.

Elfbarf
26 Sep 2011, 04:33pm
I reinstalled the server, I dunno if it will help. (It better it takes a while to configure right)

Pain station and AK-47 removed. I think the ak's are in the rearm text files but the actual swep isn't there so it shouldn't spawn. No downloads other than the cache file and the map.

Knife was always 1 hit kill. Health station is 25 per heal as before as well.

I am a busy guy, you'll have to wait a while now since I got uni too.

I'll rearm the maps containing AKs when I get the chance.

Spartan
26 Sep 2011, 05:34pm
You shouldn't need to rearm much. I used an oldish back up for the maps. I could only see borders with the ak on it, and there's probably some maps missing too that I added more recently.

Im a Jackass
26 Sep 2011, 08:38pm
no paint station? Aww they were fun to go Jihad with

Paralyzed
27 Sep 2011, 01:05am
I'd rather not see the AK at all, but that's just my opinion...

Elfbarf
27 Sep 2011, 09:48am
I'd rather not see the AK at all, but that's just my opinion...

You wont see it at all, the file isn't on the server at all. The issue is that maps that are armed to contain them are bugged out (missing most weapons/ammo) until Spartan uploads the new scripts (which I sent him last night).

Golden Shower
27 Sep 2011, 03:45pm
Elf, you do such nice things for the TTT server.

Anyway, good riddance, I say, as much as I liked it, I could never find it or people were shooting what felt like dildos, because it fucked me over and quick.

Paralyzed
27 Sep 2011, 04:25pm
Elf, you do such nice things for the TTT server.

Anyway, good riddance, I say, as much as I liked it, I could never find it or people were shooting what felt like dildos, because it fucked me over and quick.
Wait a second.. how do you know?

Bad Dog
27 Sep 2011, 05:53pm

How DON'T you know?

........gay sex.

Golden Shower
27 Sep 2011, 09:27pm

Think about it. Guy that never shoved anything up his ass gets something shoved up his ass, it's gonna hurt.

Strike
28 Sep 2011, 02:48pm
I second that Elfbarf gets Admin.

big chief
6 Oct 2011, 05:42pm
i am going to start playing on this server just so we might be able to get it popular again

Gator
6 Oct 2011, 08:15pm
TTT mainly died because its just getting dull. Its usually the same maps/things over and over again so many people just get tired of it.

Jazzyy
6 Oct 2011, 10:29pm
TTT mainly died because its just getting dull. Its usually the same maps/things over and over again so many people just get tired of it.
I think it's just the time of year as well, most of our servers are dead mostly because of school and because there's a lot of games currently out that people would rather play. A lot of us are playing League, BF3 Beta, RAGE, etc. There's just a lot out currently and I think once summer rolls back in we'll see TTT players come back. Even us sg players haven't been seeding and we do still like playing TTT it's just we've been busy as hell with school and like to play League in our free time rather than seeding the server. So yeah, there's still a big fan base for TTT it's just like i said, pretty busy time of year. I think we'll see a spike during thanksgiving and christmas + new years