PDA

View Full Version : Tyler's Steam Issues

Tyler
17 Sep 2011, 10:23pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
MSE Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
myself What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
CS:S and GMod Please state your problem here
I thought SG servers were messed up because I haven't been able to download maps from here, just found out today that I guess im the only one having this issue. I was wondering if anyone would know how to fix this, it always says unable to download, but on other servers it downloads them just fine.

Silva
18 Sep 2011, 10:31am
Try cl_downloadfilter all (or cl_downloadfilter nosounds)and cl_allowdownload 1 this might help.

Tyler
18 Sep 2011, 10:58am
Try cl_downloadfilter all (or cl_downloadfilter nosounds)and cl_allowdownload 1 this might help.

both already set to that, its just on steamgamers servers that I cant download maps from.

Nishok
18 Sep 2011, 12:00pm
I'm guessing you are also having problems with connecting to SG itself? If so:

Set your DNS server settings to google's ones (first = 8.8.4.4 and second = 8.8.8.8) (http://code.google.com/intl/nl-NL/speed/public-dns/)

Tyler
18 Sep 2011, 12:55pm
I'm guessing you are also having problems with connecting to SG itself? If so:

Set your DNS server settings to google's ones (first = 8.8.4.4 and second = 8.8.8.8) (http://code.google.com/intl/nl-NL/speed/public-dns/)

That got it working :D, thanks so much!

Nishok
18 Sep 2011, 01:11pm
That got it working :D, thanks so much!

No problem ;)