PDA

View Full Version : sebak's Operating System Errors

sebak
13 Sep 2011, 12:12pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Operating System Errors What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
all Please state your problem here
So i put my pc back together and i am having this fucked up issue. I log into windows i open my computer on the bottom it says Memory 6.00GB and C drive has 3 gb free. comp goes bsod in another 5 secs. i restart, it happens again. 3rd time i open my computer i have 7 gb free and Memory is 4.00GB. comp runs fine atm. is one of my memory sticks defective? something wrong with mobo. or is it my os? my cpu usage is at 25-30% running 15 process. 15% to explorer(i7 920)

Chaoz`
13 Sep 2011, 01:00pm
the best thing to do is see if you can the BSOD error code it's something like 0x0000000.. with at the end usually a number or a letter depending on the error, so if you can get that you can google it.

RedM00N
13 Sep 2011, 01:05pm
Yea, do what chaoz said, should tell you whats acting up. It sounds like it may be on of your memory sticks went bad, or you may have not installed it correctly when you rebuilt your pc.

Chaoz`
13 Sep 2011, 01:27pm
if it's 1 of your memory sticks your PC doesn't boot at all it only gets past the BIOS and thats all.

RedM00N
13 Sep 2011, 01:46pm
if it's 1 of your memory sticks your PC doesn't boot at all it only gets past the BIOS and thats all.

It depends on your motherboard. Some could care less of what problems your hardware is undergoing and just boot up normally, others are a pain to get pass since they stop loading at the smallest error(no keyboard for example).

Chaoz`
13 Sep 2011, 02:09pm
ye in some rare cases tho, but most of the time it doesn't boot further.

Tweezy
13 Sep 2011, 03:24pm
Can you take a picture of the BSOD? If we see the error message we can help you out.

Something doesn't seem right about your CPU usage either. 15% to explorer? I'm running an old Intel 2 Quad Core (2.6GHz). I'm currently watching a video and typing here. my CPU usage is around 5-10% (That's because of steam...)

Have you tried running a virus scan? Maybe you have some virus masking it's self in your explorer process.

Also, make sure your ram is in properly.

sebak
13 Sep 2011, 07:52pm
reinstalled my ram. and installed about 45 windows updates. works fine now. thanks

Zeke
13 Sep 2011, 09:41pm
In the future, if your having suspected memory problems I recommend going to this website Ultimate Boot CD - Overview (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/) and burning the software to a disc (or put it on a usb, or better yet do both incase one or the other doesn't work) so you can use it as a diagnostic tool. It works amazing.