PDA

View Full Version : Toxin's Boot/Restart Issues

Toxin
6 Sep 2011, 06:58pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Boot/Restart Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
No What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
/ Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Myself What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Not sure Please state your problem here
This is my mobo: Newegg.com - MSI 760GM-P33 AM3 AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130559)
AMD Athlon x2 250 3.0 GHZ Processor, 4GB of RAM.

Basically whenever I try to start my computer, half of the time it just double beeps and the display stays empty. After several reboots, the BIOS will load and tell me that the CMIS battery is low, but I proceed to boot the computer regardless. I pop in my Windows 7 disc, and after the "Windows is loading files" screen, I am greeted by a computer enthusiasts worst nightmare: the blue screen of death. The BSOD tells me that the CMIS of my BIOS is incompatible or something along those lines... don't recall..

Anyways, I did go ahead and try to replace the BIOS battery, but no success, the same message pops up. I've run out of options. Any help guys?

Edit: I've ordered three sets of these computers, the other two computers are working flawlessly, its just this one that's messing up

Toxin
8 Sep 2011, 05:14am
Bump. Any help? I've been reading some reviews and there appear to be a lot of problems about the BIOS with this Motherboard. Should I maybe try to replace it?

Silva
8 Sep 2011, 07:58am
It could be another problem though maybe the ram stick is bad? Also where did you buy a new battery? If it was from some store than it was probably already dead since they sit on shelves forever.

but you should RMA it assuming its still in the 30? day period.