PDA

View Full Version : skitzophranic's Other Issues(please be detailed)

skitzophranic
6 Sep 2011, 03:41pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG, Spyboy Search & Destroy Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
my brother What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
n/a Please state your problem here
so I don't know how the fuck this happened but this random text file is popping up in my C:/ drive.

"RTHDCPL_Dump" text document

I did ctrl/alt/delete and clicked on processes to delete it because I can't delete it by just right clicking and pressing delete. Says it's being used by some other program.

In processes it tells me it is taking up 22,148 K....That is smaller than GB right? I don't really know considering I'm not extremely tech savvy.

Anyway, it keeps popping up into my C:/ drive every time I delete it and I want to know why, why I'm not able to get rid of it forever, and what it is.

pleeeaaaaaaaase help :(

duhoh
6 Sep 2011, 05:08pm
that's a realtek HD control panel, which is probably from your audio. 22,148K isn't all that much. nowhere near a GB.

unless one of the other smarty techs here can say otherwise, i'm gonna say that's probably not a problem.

James
6 Sep 2011, 05:29pm
^ Pretty much what Duhoh said, it's quite a small number. AFAIK a dump file is made if the program is having compatibility issues, or has suffered from a crash, and contains the error code. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend removing it; this can be put into context with other processes or files, you shouldn't terminate/delete them if you don't know what they do.

Sorry I can't offer a more detailed explanation, but i'm sure you get the general idea, anyone else is free to contribute :)

Jazzyy
6 Sep 2011, 10:02pm
start > run > msconfig > "startup" tab

disable realtek hd audio manager.

don't uninstall, just disable the dashboard. your sound drivers will continue to work without the control panel, if you uninstall the Realtek HD Manager it might uninstall the drivers as well, disabling sound. Your PC probably has Realtek HD Dashboard start up when the PC starts, it crashes immediately, and makes a dump in your C:\
Disabling it should stop the crash dump and take away memory usage.

skitzophranic
7 Sep 2011, 04:03pm
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you all so much, I thought it was some weirdo virus, lol. ((((: