PDA

View Full Version : Harpr33t's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Harpr33t
2 Sep 2011, 11:22am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Not needed Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
E520 Please state your problem here
I basically can't connect to the forums 80 percent of the time. I know they aren't down so it's something to do with my connection or the website itself..
I usually get a windows saying can not connect to the site make sure you've spelled it right. This problem occurs like 95 percent of the time when I try to join the forums from my laptop.

sebak
2 Sep 2011, 12:35pm
same thing, for me. but i know the site is down. clear cookies and cache if you want may do something.

Jazzyy
2 Sep 2011, 04:32pm
try start > run > cmd > ipconfig /flushdns and then restart your computer.

also when the forums are down, try going back into start > run > cmd and typing ping steamgamers.com and see if you can even ping it

Tweezy
2 Sep 2011, 05:48pm
I can 100% say it's the site and not you. I've had so many people asking my when the site will be back up, when I'm actually surfing it... You just need to wait for the site to finish configuring it's DNS. Saying that, I wouldn't of thought it would take this long...

MPQC
2 Sep 2011, 10:25pm
If you just use Google DNS or OpenDNS the site loads fine.

Harpr33t
3 Sep 2011, 11:20am
I used is it up website and it said the site was up. This crap happens around 9pm EST or later. I tried pinging the servers now and it worked fine but after 9pm the ping test fails.