PDA

View Full Version : LoL Dominion + IEM tournament

Toxin
22 Aug 2011, 06:46pm
I am excited for the Dominion patch.

And on another note, I loved that unorthodox champion picks at IEM: Gangplank, Galio, Fiddlesticks, AP Janna and Urgot

Toxin
22 Sep 2011, 07:08pm
Bump. Dominion is great.

Jazzyy
22 Sep 2011, 07:18pm
Do not want at all. this is original just unfascinating and non-skill based

fanatiik
22 Sep 2011, 07:53pm
Really confusing when you first start. And yeah like jazzy said even if you're feeding the entire team you can still win at the end which is kinda stupid if you ask me. Also all the new items are so AD based only 1 new AP item.

Elfbarf
22 Sep 2011, 09:35pm
Dominion is far too in favor of highly mobile/AD champions, most AP champions are too slow to be of any use at all. That and like fanatiik said, there are quite a few special dominion items for AD yet only 2 for AP.

Toxin
23 Sep 2011, 05:28am
Actually, I've had great success with Swain (derp go figure lol) in Dominion so far, despite the healing reduction debuff. He can kite AD carries around towers for years and still do good damage.

But I agree, Dominion is way in favor of AD Champs, mostly bruisers/off-tanks. They need to change the map-wide buff to favor AP-carries a little more.

Elfbarf
23 Sep 2011, 09:33am
Actually, I've had great success with Swain (derp go figure lol) in Dominion so far, despite the healing reduction debuff. He can kite AD carries around towers for years and still do good damage.

But I agree, Dominion is way in favor of AD Champs, mostly bruisers/off-tanks. They need to change the map-wide buff to favor AP-carries a little more.

What I don't understand is why the passive buff favors melee (15% ArP vs 5% MPen), it just doesn't make any sense. That and any champion that's very reliant on their early game farm (Jax/Trynd for example) are great because they get everything for free, regardless of how bad they're doing.

Game Freak
23 Sep 2011, 01:36pm
I played around 20 matches and some of the shit you guys say imo is just incorrect
It's not all about bruisers , i've seen shaco , kogmaw (fuck that ult) , yi devestate a team , not by fighting but straight up great play.
Me and my friends run a rammus to get to top immediately and cap , i run akali (an ap) because she simply rapes everything
we have a brand to defend bot and push it all game. (he can easily hold 3). then we have a high mobility ad , and a bruiser

Not all about ad

andre1028
23 Sep 2011, 01:45pm
people like rammus seem to have really good map control too, forcing teams to leave/split people to control points. the second someone is capping a point ghost/powerball/speed boost to area in <15 seconds. i've also seen some good ap shaco box/shroom placements at the speed boosts, health stations, connecting brushes, really good disrupting stuff. people with large range ultis like gangplank, pantheon, nocturne, etc seem to also do good with map control. i've seen some good gameplay from stealth champions like akali, eve (lol), talon, etc but there is this one oracle like item that's on hit that fucks them up, especially when it's on people like xin/noc.

Elfbarf
23 Sep 2011, 03:09pm
I played around 20 matches and some of the shit you guys say imo is just incorrect
It's not all about bruisers , i've seen shaco , kogmaw (fuck that ult) , yi devestate a team , not by fighting but straight up great play.
Me and my friends run a rammus to get to top immediately and cap , i run akali (an ap) because she simply rapes everything
we have a brand to defend bot and push it all game. (he can easily hold 3). then we have a high mobility ad , and a bruiser

Not all about ad

Every champion you named have either high mobility or long range abilities.

Game Freak
23 Sep 2011, 05:08pm
Every champion you named have either high mobility or long range abilities.

so what is your point ? i was calling out the bruisers with ad , you just helped me prove my point ?

Toxin
24 Sep 2011, 10:40am
so what is your point ? i was calling out the bruisers with ad , you just helped me prove my point ?

Map still favors AD champs, with the exception of maybe AP Shaco. That shit is lulz.